PDA

View Full Version : Championship side of season

Rattea
25-04-2015, 12:38 AM
Where's wally ;) - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/nces49k)

LoyalFan
25-04-2015, 05:38 AM
Your right here... ;)

ellafella
25-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Not a single Red Dog to be seen. :s
Not even "just give it" Antonio.

swaledale
25-04-2015, 09:52 AM
The majority are forward players which seems odd since there are some stand out midfielders, defenders and goalkeepers.

DCFC95
26-04-2015, 12:46 AM
The majority are forward players which seems odd since there are some stand out midfielders, defenders and goalkeepers.

I noticed that and decided to have a trawl through all the previous winners of the three Football League divisions since the awards began. Of the 30 divisional winners only 5 weren't forwards. Neither a defender nor goalkeeper has ever won any of the awards.

I was chatting to some Boro fans after Bamford had won it and they said that he's not been as good as George Friend, Ben Gibson or Grant Leadbitter and yet he somehow picked up the divisional award!

These Football League Awards lost a lot of prestige for me after I read the Play-Off Final Programme, in which Karl Darliw stated that he voted Danny Ings as the best player in the division because 'you can't look past the top goal scorer'.
Ross McCormack was the top goal scorer… in a much worse side… whilst also providing more assists.