PDA

View Full Version : Let's get it out there

dosser1
25-04-2015, 09:14 AM
I have said since Baraclough came in that he was not the man to take us forward it gives me no pleasure to say I told you so but we now need to start thinking about next season wether it be in the Premier or Championship .Surely at the end of the season IB must depart if he does keep us up it will be a miracle but that should not allow him to stay.His style of football has not improved us and his eye for a player is woeful he is dragging us down but if he stayed would he take us even further down to the first division? As I said in an earlier post Mr Hutchison is having a question and answer session and although his money has saved the club he also had an input in picking the manager so he is as guilty as the rest of the board for the mess we are in.So How Did the Dud get the Gig

steviex
25-04-2015, 09:18 AM
I have said since Baraclough came in that he was not the man to take us forward it gives me no pleasure to say I told you so but we now need to start thinking about next season wether it be in the Premier or Championship .Surely at the end of the season IB must depart if he does keep us up it will be a miracle but that should not allow him to stay.His style of football has not improved us and his eye for a player is woeful he is dragging us down but if he stayed would he take us even further down to the first division? As I said in an earlier post Mr Hutchison is having a question and answer session and although his money has saved the club he also had an input in picking the manager so he is as guilty as the rest of the board for the mess we are in.So How Did the Dud get the Gig

Feck don't go upsetting Hutchinson we are in a bad enough mess without fecking off the only thing thats keeping us afloat

dosser1
25-04-2015, 09:25 AM

Feck don't go upsetting Hutchinson we are in a bad enough mess without fecking off the only thing thats keepi

steviex
25-04-2015, 10:07 AM

Feck don't go upsetting Hutchinson we are in a bad enough mess w

biggordy
25-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Thought we were completey outfought last night by a team that showed a bigger desire to get the points..Irrespective of the seasons outcome a clear out is on the cards as too many players picking up their wages whilst not matching the fans commitment to the fight.Think we should however bear in mind the Hibs situation last season and whilst I accept the points being made the end of the season has to be the time as clearly we must now get the best we can out the squad for the next four but probably six games.As many fans have advised Celtic this week...game over move on.

Wellup4it
25-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Thought we were completey outfought last night by a team that showed a bigger desire to get the points..Irrespective of the seasons outcome a clear out is on the cards as too many players picking up their wages whilst not matching the fans commitment to the fight.Think we should however bear in mind the Hibs situation last season and whilst I accept the points being made the end of the season has to be the time as clearly we must now get the best we can out the squad for the next four but probably six games.

Good post. Management need to go relatively easy until the season's end. Then a clear out will necessary whatever the outcome. Good news is so many are on short term deals or their contracts are due to expire. Bad news is that some players like Lasley and McManus have another year to go.

andyss1886
25-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Gave him benefit of doubt after fir hill. But last night was a shambles. He must see Straker as we do, he must see MCManus as the root cause of our defence and he must see Ainsworth as a lazy little gutless ****er. Why play 2 wingers and then play narrow and long? That's either managers tactics or they are not listening. Both of which are worrying.
Don't care how much it costs, McManus had to be let go at te end of the season. He is a disgrace and averages a goal against each game. Sick of it.

Wellup4it
25-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Agree with some of that Andy but our central defence is not entirely to blame. Alarm bells should have been ringing early on when an Accies player burst through a non existent central midfield and shot past an understandably exposed and stationery McManus. The second or third time that happened they opened the scoring.

Our line up, formation and tactics were simply wrong. Tactics/personnel should have been changed early on when it was clear Accies had our measure.

Handsome_Devil
25-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Baraclough got the job on a combination of two things imho, one interviewing well and two being perceived as safe because he's British. There's the added possibility he sold the club on a long-term plan but I'm not convinced of that.

Now I'm 99% certain most of us on here have at some point seen someone promoted or appointed to a position on the basis of some good chat. Who knows, perhaps some have been taken in like that while interviewing or perhaps some are even that person themselves...point is, it happens and though frustrating to be taken in, given no one is infallible I wouldn't make it a hanging offence for anyone at the club to have been involved in Bara's appointment. That, however, is conditional on recognizing the mistake and dealing with it.

The safe issue, meh...if we'd brought in Van der Gaag/Maaskant who had then done a Harri Kampmann/John Collins and the players had downed tools in protest leaving us in 12th, the same rage would be directed at the board for not taki