PDA

View Full Version : ghost forum

Septus
27-04-2015, 10:01 PM
Been away for a while so on return thought I would see what was been said. Thought the site must have closed down?. It would appear that the owners and Dickov have succeeded in killing any discussion with their handling of the club, as they say better to be secure rather than entertaining and possibly successful. By been entertaining and successful the Bournemouth springs to mind, a club with possibly no more money than Rovers possibly have. I decided last year to not renew my season tickets, but spend the oney on my family, and boy did I make the right choice. It seems that a black mist is closing over this club and that years in the wilderness are to be looked forward to. As for Dickov well enough said, he could not run a sunday side, every defeat is met with the words " we learned a lot from this game " but it appears that he has no idea how to put what he has learned in to operation. Sorry guys but the road ahead is all downhill

SilverTop60
01-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Dickov walked in the door in May 2013 and took over a team of League one Champions. I am far from convinced that bringing in a manager with only Oldham experience was ever a positive move.

In the Championship we played 46, won 11, drew 11 and lost 24 (more than we won and drew), and saw us relegated.

We started this season with silly statements of "ambition to get into the Premiership" and "return to the Championship for the first time of asking". And when Dickov signed up Tyson and Main he said every team would fear Doncaster's strike power.

This season we are in the bottom half of the table and as I said after we lost at home to Peterborough, we would never be in the play-offs again. We were only in the play-offs for one week and that was probably the only highlight since Dickov came to Doncaster.

I think it's fair to say that reality has set in since and we have a mediocre League One team with an appalling home record and a failure to score many goals.

I hope we start more r

scarjo
04-05-2015, 09:38 AM
OK, Rovers have had an average season, with a number of poor performances and results (heavy defeats at home to Orient, Bradford City, and home & away to Port Vale & Walsall particularly come to mind). Nevertheless, Dickov stated from the beginning that he was looking more to the long term (something rare in football these days), by bringing on the youth academy - definitely a positive strategy in my opinion. And although he might not have got everything right from a tactical point of view, he has maintained a positive attitude throughout, and in spite of the errors, we did manage to finish mid-table (no doubt better than getting promoted with a team not good enough to stave off immediate relegation from the championship). So let’s go into next season with an open mind. As for Bournemouth, difficult to compare our fate with theirs, as they are now co-owned by a Russian businessman, enabling them to invest heavily (and wisely it would seem) in player recruitment over the past two year