PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao vs Mayweather

bongosdad
29-04-2015, 10:26 AM
Who will win? Im hoping Manny batters him. Mayweather is everything I hate in someone. Several Domestic violence charges and its all about look at me im rich and unbeaten but let's avoid Manny until he thinks he might win. Tosser! These two should have fought years ago and it should be there 3rd re match by now.
Manny is humble and likeable so I hope he wins. There again is Mayweather just a pantomime villen and ive just got sucked in to the hype. No infact I just dont like him. Great boxer though but he will get hit more than hes used too fighting Manny.

bongosdad
01-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Tim Sherwood thinks Mayweather will win.

freer
02-05-2015, 04:05 AM
The Heavyweight division offers nothing in terms of Box Office

This affords this uber-hyped mega pay-day for two “Legends” (both past their sell by date) to top up their already burgeoning bank balances

I see this Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight ending in an inevitable draw or a narrow points win for Mayweather

As Pacquiao doesn't have the power to stop Mayweather... but stranger things have happened

This will purely set up an even more lucrative rematch for everyone involved.

Mind you,

I will still be watching it (via a Link) no way would I part with £20 to watch a fight that should have been made years ago ;-)

bongosdad
02-05-2015, 07:21 AM
Your probably right freer but im hoping Manny knocks him out. Would you be kind enough to share a link for it? I dont have sky and yes £20 to much.

freer
03-05-2015, 04:54 AM
They managed to block/ban all live streams Bongo

As I thought a "Damp Squid" of a fight in all honesty

3-4 years too late Mayweather was a step too far for Pacquiao he really couldn’t hurt Mayweather :-S

Not too sure if the demand will be so great for any planned rematch :-O

bongosdad
03-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Sounds like Mayweather just hugged and ran. What an anti climax.

freer
03-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Mayweather’s victory speech included a shinning endorsement for a prestigious watch manufacturer,said much about his motivation for this bout

No doubt we will see a rematch as in reality neither of them has anywhere else to go.

The rematch should be easy enough to arrange.

After all, they have had nearly six years of practice at it.

(I felt) The fight was closer than the judges scored it

However it was not The Fight Of The Century

Sure there were moments of drama and class from both fighters

It materialised into an interesting contest

Though in reality it was “All Pastry---No Filling“ a bit like the Balti pie I endured at Villa Park yesterday !

xchurchVilla
03-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Don't think I've watched more than three fights in the last 20 years - it's just not what it was.

For me, boxing was at it's best and most exciting when you had the classic middleweight bouts of the late 70's early 80's. Sugar Ray Lennard, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran. Not forgetting the little merry-go-round between Watson, Benn and Eubank. Now that was boxing! - view external link (`ddleweight)

ozfan
05-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Mayweather is a superb defensive fighter who fought smart and did just enough to win. Manny carried a shoulder injury into the fight which prevented the use of some of his usual combinations. Interesting that he wasn't allowed any pain injections before the fight.

Mayweather has a fantastic defense but it was not the fight we wanted to see. Re-match? I doubt it will happen.