PDA

View Full Version : First visit to NYS

bell4
29-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Thought I would take up Brian the Millers advice on rad Sheff the other night and go to NYS to cheer on the Millers - did so and

Really was impressed by the stadium - tidy , compact and good acoustics apart from the sound system which us a bit tinney . Good atmosphere and great view from my seat up in the top corner at side of away fans .

Loved the throwback to early SKY with the Millerettes (tried to join in but got too hard) and the dug outs are big enough to house three families though prob needed to fit Stevie in.

The pre match and half time music was a bit in bred , hard rock stuff but that's from a Bee Gees fan so maybe I'm not the right one to comment - however the New York New York intro to kick off was inspired and git the place rocking .

Bit disappointed that there was nowt moist to have with my pie but cheaper than the Lane although served on a ****e toilet tissue rather than a snug pie box (no hendersons either)

All in all good experience , although the smallest crowd

wrinkly
29-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Despite the patronising tone I still hope you come up.

We owe you one for our poorest display of the last season at your place.

bell4
29-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Despite the patronising tone I still hope you come up.

We owe you one for our poorest display of the last season at your place.

Didn't mean to sound patronising - it's the Sheffield in me

fc_miller
29-04-2015, 08:02 PM
well that little ground will be in the championship, possibly joined by another from S41, and the same size crowd will be playing in the prem league down on the south coast...