PDA

View Full Version : Mac to stay a Ram

Manofpride
04-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Mac stays!!! - view external link (http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Steve-McClaren-stay-Rams-head-coach/story-26439208-detail/story.html)

AngryRam
04-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Nbbb
Mac stays!!!

Just on Owen Bradley's Twitter as well.
Will be interesting to see what happens with the likes of Buxton and their rumoured spat.
>:(

blackandwhite56
04-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Let's wait to have it confirmed by Gallagher23 and his 'contacts' ! XD

Rapid
04-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Mac stays!!!

Will be interesting to see what happens with the likes of Buxton and their rumoured spat.
>:([/quote]

the people reporting the bucko spat are the same saying mac agreed to join Newcastle in January aren't they? so we'll see.

all the stuff that's been said on this board about jumping ship, there will be a lot of apologies warranted to mac if he does stay.

I wonder if anyone wants to go first...

HOODIE
04-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Mac stays!!!

the people reporting the bucko spat are the same saying mac agreed to join Newcastle in January aren't they? so we'll see.

all the stuff that's been said on this board about jumping ship, there will be a lot of apologies warranted to mac if he does stay.

I wonder if anyone wants to go first...[/quote]

Why should anyone apologise?

He's staying to 'put things right'! This is a re-think on his behalf.

Why couldn't he say that he was staying a couple of months ago instead of dancing around the subject?

Let's see if he still has the respect of the players going forward?

ramspride
04-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Mac stays!!!

Apologies? Why? His refusal to say he wasn't interested in The Newcastle job at the beginning has had a big influence on our disaster season end. I think it's him who should apologies.

woolwhacker
04-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Mac stays!!!

Apologies? Why? His refusal to say he wasn't interested in The Newcastle job at the beginning has had a big influence on our disaster season end. I think it's him who should apologies.[/quote]

I agree, I want him gone, bad news that he's staying.

Rapid
04-05-2015, 06:34 PM
saying things like 'he's lost focus'. 'he's already gone'. 'he's already in newcastle'. 'he's not bothered'.

if he's staying then clearly none of those things were true.

why couldn't he say he was staying in January is fair comment, that's not what I was referring to.

oh and most important, people reporting he'd already signed a deal at Newcastle when that's clearly a load of ********!

Polish_ForestMad
04-05-2015, 06:43 PM
If he would of said I'm staying for the duration of my contract nobody could of questioned his commitment.dodging the question for a few months without commiting to his future was always going to get peoples chins wagging.rumours were always going to start wether true or a load of bull,he could of stopped them being started but chose not to.blame mcclaren not the fans

blackandwhite56
04-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink responded to Leeds rumours as follows:

"Leeds is a very beautiful club. I'll make decisions for myself with my brain and not with my heart," Hasselbaink, 43, told BBC Radio Derby.
"It's difficult for me to talk about because they have a good manager at the moment who has done really well and I have a job here that I really like.
"It's not nice to talk about those kind of things."
adding: "I am committed to Burton and I will do everything in my power to make the club successful for as long as I am here.
"You can't do anything about rumours."

Not that much different to the sort of things MacClaren has said.
We may never know exactly what has been happening but those on here happy to post what they believe or what they have been told should at least reflect that the contradictory stories spread by many can't all have been true.

The causes of our downfall are many and complicated - injuries, loss of confidence, mistakes by MacClaren etc. That some take up the fr

blackandwhite56
04-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Mac stays!!!

Apologies? Why? His refusal to say he wasn't interested in The Newcastle job at the beginning has had a big influence on our disaster season end. I think it's him who should apologies.[/quote]

Your sources seem to have been quite limited and you have often posed questions when the club or others have made the information available. Scapeg

woolwhacker
04-05-2015, 07:07 PM
Mac stays!!!

Your sources seem to have been quite limited and you have often posed questions when the club

AngryRam
04-05-2015, 07:07 PM
I tend not to comment on these rumours as I have no idea what is going on behind closed doors. I just keep my mouth shut and continue to support my team.. However I feel the truth lies somewhere in the middle on this occasion. Mac must have been tempted by Newcastle but circumstances have changed. He blew a promotion and they could well get relegated.. Rethink by all parties.
What do I know anyway.. Dont know any plumbers at Moor Farm and my sisters best mate aint ******** Paul Simpson.

tomsdubs
04-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Keogh said in a direct interview the rumours made zero difference to the players, they wanted to go up regardless.

Truth hurts so stop making lame excuses, we got hit by injuries and just plain weren't good enough. Deal with it.

Oldtimeram
04-05-2015, 07:16 PM
If he is staying I am happy provided he can galvanise the team and get them playing again, as we know they can.

However, what annoys me is why the bloody hell could he have not have said this 4 months ago?

woolwhacker
04-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Keogh said in a direct interview the rumours made zero difference to the players, they wanted to go up regardless.

Truth hurts so stop making lame excuses, we got hit by injuries and just plain weren't good enough. Deal with it.

Lame excuses. We are supporters, we had no bearing on any of this, why should we have to make excuses.

tomsdubs
04-05-2015, 07:30 PM

Lame excuses. We are supporters, we had no bearing on any of this, why should we have to make excuses.[/quote]

Excuses to bash a manager which ultimately lead to endless speculation, interview questions and unnecessary disruption. Well guess what, seems like he'll still be here next season after all. Poor support.

AngryRam
04-05-2015, 07:31 PM

What did yiu expect him to say?

woolwhacker
04-05-2015, 07:32 PM

Lame excuses. We are supporters, we had no bearing on any of this, why should we have to make excuses.[/quote]

Excuses to bash a manager which ultimately lead to endless speculation, interview questions and unnecessary disruption. Well guess what, seems like he'll still be here next season after all. Poor support.[/quote]

Are you 6 years old, what a load of tosh.

ramman
04-05-2015, 07:40 PM
He should have comprehensively quashed the rumours months ago but didn't , I think there was intrest there from both Mac and Newcasltle but due to newcastles position in the league there's no way he would go at the moment.do you think it's a coincidence that Newcastle today said that they are sticking with carver

AdiSalisbury
04-05-2015, 07:49 PM
I think Mac's dodging of questions is a symptom of previous media problems whilst managing England, he blatently has no trust in journalists. However, he's got it badly wrong and coupled with the devestating end to the season (letes face it, an average run of form would have got us auto's looking at the teams around us) has got on the wrong side of many fans.

I'm delighted he's staying, and a few wins / defenders will get the fans back.

Rattea
04-05-2015, 08:04 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how some people simply can not read and understand the words in front of them.

The headline makes an ambiguous statement!

The report doesn't say anything or have any substance to it except Calver will remain manager for the last three PL games of the season. The rest is just speculation and heresay!!!

It doesn't rule out that he won't move or has no intention moving, or not, after the end of the season.

I do wonder sometimes how some people get from day to day!!!!!

tomsdubs
04-05-2015, 08:08 PM

Excuses to bash a manager which ultimately lead to endless speculation, interview questions and unnecessary disruption. Well guess what, seems like he'll still be here next season after all. Poor support.[/quote]

Are you 6 years old, what a load of tosh.[/quote]

You really shot me down there with your well reasoned explanation of why I'm wrong.

Five and a half for your information.

HOODIE
04-05-2015, 08:12 PM
I feel the truth lies somewhere in the middle on this occasion. Mac must have been tempted by Newcastle but circumstances have changed. He blew a promotion and they could well get relegated.. Rethink by all parties.

About right.

Clearly tempted but persuaded to stay and review at the end of the season?

I have no problem with Steve staying, providing he goes back to what made us a very good side the previous season. For that he needs to get those players back on side and the supporters will follow.

Wombourne_Rammie
04-05-2015, 08:32 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how some people simply can not read and understand the words in front of them.

The report doesn't say anything or have any substance to it except Calver will remain manager for the last three PL games of the season. The rest is just speculation and heresay!!!

It doesn't rule out that he won't move or has no intention moving, or not, after the end of the season.

I do wonder sometimes what planet you are on :s

Rattea
04-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Try reading the report and what it actual says!!!!

You've all read the headline and assumed when the content has nothing to substantiate it except for the remaining three games of the season!

Dohhhh!

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Wombourne_Rammie
04-05-2015, 08:46 PM
What a patronising little twonk you are.

:s

southernram22
04-05-2015, 08:57 PM
some of the rumors put about especially Gallagher sounded like they were invented like a six year old.

southernram22
04-05-2015, 08:58 PM
now the seasons over rats its time you went as well .

Rapid
04-05-2015, 09:15 PM

Are you 6, what a load of tosh.[/quote]

Five and a half for your information.[/quote]

hmmm. we are talking about age...right?

stay away from the glory holes boys.

Rattea
04-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Unfortunately you're **** out of luck there to :p

Wombourne ... Stating the obvious is not patronising except to those who can't keep up ... Make of that what you will ;)

Rapid
04-05-2015, 09:22 PM

'There have been meetings today to discuss pre-season arrangements and transfer targets, and McClaren is due to meet the players individually tomorrow to discuss plans moving forward'

why would he have anything to do with pre season or transfer targets if he's going?

you think a meeting to discuss plans moving forward 'isn't saying anything'?

Rattea
04-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Context has never been your strong point has it Vapid ... To be honest I'm not sure you have one as the would suggest! Remind me how many transfer windows has it been now ... Five or Six ;)

All the report says is calver will be at Newcastle for the last three games so mcclaren has been continuing as business as usual. That is exactly what would be expected and what had happened for the last five months since the story first surfaced.

There is no statement of certainty or anything actual said by the club or mcclaren ... Or Newcastle for that fact. You show me where it says mcclaren won't be going to Newcastle after the three games???

Basic English and the understanding of!

Let give an example of how limited you are on understanding context. In 2012 before the winter transfer window someone says the club would be lucky to get £500k for a player at that time. You are still saying that person states that same player isn't worth £500k. LAST season same poster said derby couldn't

Rapid
05-05-2015, 01:51 AM
[quote="Rattea"]Context has never been your strong point has it Vapid ... To be honest I'm not sure you have one as the would suggest! Remind me how many transfer windows has it been now ... Five or Six ;)

All the report says is calver will be at Newcastle for the last three games so mcclaren has been continuing as business as usual. That is exactly what would be expected and what had happened for the last five months since the story first surfaced.

There is no statement of certainty or anything actual said by the club or mcclaren ... Or Newcastle for that fact. You show me where it says mcclaren won't be going to Newcastle after the three games???

Basic English and the understanding of!

Let give an example of how limited you are on understanding context. In 2012 before the winter transfer window someone says the club would be lucky to get £500k for a player at that time. You are still saying that person states that same player isn't worth £500k.

Rattea
05-05-2015, 02:27 AM
No Vapid you are probably the best known liar on the board!

Depression hey. Sounds good I'll try and scedule that in if I get time hey. You sound like you speak from experience ;) need to be right too ... Umnnnn not sure how you would know when you are always wrong :O

1. Nearly everyone knows I said "we would be lucky to get £500k" nearly three years ago based on Hughes performance and appearances. I have since said I dont think he has shown the potential such as Leon Osman and others and is not worth the £xxm you keep going on about! FACT

2. I said we couldn't break down the top sides in the division LAST season and as it proved we couldn't. It took until January to beat one that was in the top six. I pointed out that we were and had been all season even under clough vet consistant against the bottom half of the table teams and indidnthisnjust before Christmas. You tried to claim I was saying this again this season. FACT

Now get someone to read this article to you and explain the

vanderlaans_header
05-05-2015, 06:50 AM
Mac stays!!!

Yes it's been confirmed on radio derby this morning. So that's it, lets get behind the team again.

Next season will again be full of intrigue & excitement, no doubt with some interesting incomings and outgoings on the player front.

Polish_ForestMad
05-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Afterwards, he said his INTENTION was to be at club next season and put things right.
That's a quote out that article.the main word being intention.that doesn't mean he's staying that means for now he will remain in charge but let's see what the future holds I.e if Newcastle stay up.

tomsdubs
05-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Yeah his intention as in we could accept compo terms from the Geordies and tell him his time is up. Works both ways.

vanderlaans_header
06-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Afterwards, he said his INTENTION was to be at club next season and put things right.
That's a quote out that article.the main word being intention.that doesn't mean he's staying that means for now he will remain in charge but let's see what the future holds I.e if Newcastle stay up.

Pure semantics, you are looking for something that isn't there.

If you think DCFC are going to have a management turnover like the debacle at Forest...think again.

Rattea
06-05-2015, 03:16 PM
It's not sermantics its basic English! How easily people are misdirected without lying and why rumours start in the first place.

It's a strange time when someone from shottingham can read better than most derby fans ... He must have been adopted!

tamworthram
06-05-2015, 04:26 PM
You're wasting your time vanderlaans.

He could swear on the bible he was staying and some people would still question:

Was he actually touching the bible?
Was it a real bible?
Is he a believer anyway?

Firewall
06-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Who is Calver??

vanderlaans_header
07-05-2015, 11:57 AM
You're wasting your time vanderlaans.

He could swear on the bible he was staying and some people would still question:

Was he actually touching the bible?
Was it a real bible?
Is he a believer anyway?

Yep that sums it up Tamworth. It seems there are some who are grasping at straws now. They will still be posting the same pointless uninformed rants throughout the coming season.

swaledale
08-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Let's wait to have it confirmed by Gallagher23 and his 'contacts' ! XD

Said it was bull**** at the time AND that McClaren would not be joining newcastle!

swaledale
08-05-2015, 04:11 PM
I tend not to comment on these rumours as I have no idea what is going on behind closed doors. I just keep my mouth shut and continue to support my team.. However I feel the truth lies somewhere in the middle on this occasion. Mac must have been tempted by Newcastle but circumstances have changed. He blew a promotion and they could well get relegated.. Rethink by all parties.
What do I know anyway.. Dont know any plumbers at Moor Farm and my sisters best mate aint ******** Paul Simpson.

You may be right about mac's change of mind, but I had it on good authority that McClaren would not be going to newcastle and said so on this board.

And Newcastle clearly wanted him as they asked him to take over for the last 3 games of the season so they hadn't changed their minds.

The fact is he is an excellent coach and in demand, he clearly wants to manage in the prem, so there is no way he categorically say he would not leave Derby and

Polish_ForestMad
21-05-2015, 05:54 AM

You may be right about mac's change of mind, but I had it on good authority that McClaren would not be going to newcastle and said so on this board.

And Newcastle clearly wanted him as they asked him to take over for the last 3 games of the season so they hadn't changed their minds.

The fact is he is an excellent coach and in demand, he clearly wants to manage in the prem, so there is no way he