PDA

View Full Version : Biscuit tin confessions ...

MissWinnie
05-05-2015, 07:22 PM
It's time to relax and put your feet up as I've made us all a nice cuppa of whatever your favourite beverage is and I'm just about to pass around the biccie tin ...

So, I'm just wondering which biccie you'd plump for.

My fingers would go straight to any of the choccy ones first. Ideally, I'd enjoy a couple with a nice glass of cold milk. I'm not really a dunking girl, and tend to like to nibble the chocolate coating off the edges before I tuck into the main biscuit.

If some other greedy gutz had got to the chocolate ones first, I'd probably go for one of the jammy ones instead. .

What about you?

yubbywelch
06-05-2015, 08:06 AM
Tim tams are alright.

But my new favourite is a salted caramel monte carlo

bongosdad
06-05-2015, 10:41 PM
I go for the chocolate ones first and then the custard creams.

ozfan
07-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Any good shortbread dipped in chocolate. Mmmmm.

NuclearDevice
07-05-2015, 03:29 PM
There had better be some Chocolate Hob Nobs left in that tin for me for when I pop by :D

MissWinnie
10-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Any good shortbread dipped in chocolate. Mmmmm.

I've never tried shortbread dipped in chocolate before, but it sounds most decadently scrummy, Mr Ozfan ...

MissWinnie
10-05-2015, 05:16 PM
There had better be some Chocolate Hob Nobs left in that tin for me for when I pop by :D

Oi Yubby! Keep your sticky fingers off Mr Device's Hob Nobs. You've had quite enough already today. ;D

VillaRosie
10-05-2015, 05:34 PM
No threat from me Winnie your choc biscuits and jammy dodgers are safe

However if you happen to have M&S Pistachio and Almond cookies that's another matter Failing those I would pinch Bongos custard creams or ginger nut creams are yummy :P:

bongosdad
12-05-2015, 11:30 PM
To be honest i cant have cake or biscuits on the house. I always eat everything in about 20 minutes and feel horrible after.

dazzyo-villa
14-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Well a plain chocalate hobnob or some of those really fancy choc chip cookies you get that cost about a fiver for 4 XD

But i'm more of a crisp man to be fair :D

stateside
18-05-2015, 05:38 PM
If dunking is not frowned on I would go for a mcvities digestive or one with chocolate on.

Funny thing I used to love those Maryland Cookies that were an American style choc chip with nuts. But, I've only come close to that nirvana in the USA a couple of times.

Also Oreo cookies are awful although the vanilla cremes are good.

MissWinnie
20-05-2015, 03:26 AM
Peers inside biscuit tin.

Yep, plenty of McVities digestives left in here. Dunk away, Statesey!

littlemissvillain
20-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Hmm.. Do i have to pick just one??

I'd have jammy dodgers, pink wafers, oreos (double cream ones), bourbons, and a caramel digestive... and maybe a custard cream for good measure

NuclearDevice
20-05-2015, 08:59 PM
In one sitting :O .

Sounds like those people at McVities should bring out a new assortment tin for you :D

ozfan
20-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Well last night I enjoyed the most delicious Scottish Shortbread from Marks and Spencer sent all the way from England by the gorgeous MW.I am so spoilt. :heart:

I also smell good but that's another story :D

littlemissvillain
20-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Thats Scotts favourite biscuit... (its his Scottish genes I reckon) I know they aren't as posh - but Lidl do some pretty fine Scottish Shortbread MW...

MissWinnie
21-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Well last night I enjoyed the most delicious Scottish Shortbread from Marks and Spencer sent all the way from England by the gorgeous MW.I am so spoilt. :heart:

I also smell good but that's another story :D

Well, some posters just happened to be made for spoiling. :) :heart:

Oh, and your fragrant another story is safe with me. ;D

MissWinnie
21-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Thats Scotts favourite biscuit... (its his Scottish genes I reckon) I know they aren't as posh - but Lidl do some pretty fine Scottish Shortbread MW...

Lisa, you made me laugh with your somewhat enthusiastic selection from the tin! Plenty of pink wafers for you to tuck into - they're the only ones I don't like!

Thanks for the tip re the Lidl shortbread. I've not tried it but I will certainly investigate and put it to the test ... umm ... for the purposes of ensuring quality control for Oz's selective taste buds of course. O:)

westcountryvillain
22-05-2015, 09:17 PM
You're a cruel mistress MW, this has got my mouth watering and is no good at all for the waistline ;D

Jammy Dodgers are the Daddy of the biscuit world, closely followed by choc digestives and fruit shortcake. Ginger snaps - lovely dunked in tea, mmmmmmm

stateside
22-05-2015, 10:36 PM
When are Winnie and Oz just going to admit to themselves they are right for each other?

Winnie NZ is beautiful, you'd love it I'm sure!!!

littlemissvillain
22-05-2015, 11:29 PM
Quality control is important. I mean you have to be sure they can cope with the time to get post out to NZ..

I'm thinking you should see about personal delivery service. Might be quicker XD :heart: ;)

Oooh - and I realised I'd forgotten party rings - can't forget them!!!!

L x

Ps - Statesy - stranger things have been known than a match made on villamad. 5 and a half years ago I went to Pompey with Lefty and met this poster called Scotty86...the rest is history x

ozfan
23-05-2015, 01:42 AM
When are Winnie and Oz just going to admit to themselves they are right for each other?

Stateside just between you and I there is a problem. Sometimes she disobeys and has the audacity to have an actual opinion. Also she was supposed to send me 50k to invest in a Ghanaian gold mine but nothing's turned up yet. I'm beginning to doubt her commitment.

ozfan
23-05-2015, 01:45 AM

The man has good taste in biscuits. You can tell a lot about a man by the biscuit he nibbles. ;D

stateside
23-05-2015, 03:32 AM

Stateside just between you and I there is a problem. Sometimes she disobeys and has the audacity to have an actual opinion. Also she was supposed to send me 50k to invest in a Ghanaian gold mine but nothing's turned up yet. I'm beginning to doubt her commitment.[/quote]. I heard she sent the money to a Nigerian prince in return for half a million return once he uses the money to escape his captors and return to the palace.

stateside
23-05-2015, 03:34 AM
C
Quality control is important. I mean you have to be sure they can cope with the time to get post out to NZ..

I'm thinking you should see about personal delivery service. Might be quicker XD :heart: ;)

Oooh - and I realised I'd forgotten party rings - can't forget them!!!!

L x

Ps - Statesy - stranger things have been known than a match made on villamad. 5 and a half years ago I went to Pompey with Lefty and met this poster called Scotty86...the rest is history x. He hasn't posted since!

MissWinnie
23-05-2015, 11:48 PM

Statesey. Can we have a daughter to VM Dad chat please? In private?

There's a problem. On some days Oz is really naughty and gives me smarty pants back chat when he's supposed to be ironing all my dresses and polishing my shoes. I have no option but to lock him in a cupboard until he promises to be subservient again.

Can you tell me how Mum keeps you in line? Is it with that whip of hers?

I can't commit to Oz until I'm sure that he's going to be the pet poodle that he promised me he would be when we first met ... These days, he keeps trying to persuade me he's some big wig investor in gold mines :blue:

littlemissvillain
24-05-2015, 12:33 AM
MissWinnie - woman to woman...

Its OK - you see the thing is - Oz has told me he LIKES being locked in the cupboard... so he is deliberately being pesky and disobeying you. Maybe next time you lock him up - you don't bother with the handcuffs and that fluffy apron... it tickles in all the wrong (or is that right???) places!

XD

l x

MissWinnie
24-05-2015, 01:21 AM
Oh LMV, I'm so glad I've got a woman of the world to turn to for advice in these delicate matters. I know you are the expert in this department. B)

Hmm so maybe I lay off borrowing that whip of yours until the obedience training is fully complete? You think he might like it a little too much?

Ooh, please excuse me a mo ...

Ok Oz, I'll let you out when I've finished speaking to the top poodle umm I mean man trainer. We can go walkies after you've finished darning that fluffy apron of yours...

Thanks LMV. I think this arrangement might just work out quite nicely, after all ... ;D

blackpoolvillain
24-05-2015, 01:27 AM
This is the first time I've commented without reading any of the comments before... Biscuit tin?

I'm a bugger for a Jaffa Cake me, does that count?

blackpoolvillain
24-05-2015, 01:33 AM
Ps - Statesy - stranger things have been known than a match made on villamad. 5 and a half years ago I went to Pompey with Lefty and met this poster called Scotty86...the rest is history x

Bloody hell Lise, did the mods double up on the sick buckets tonight?

All jokes aside, what a story it's been! :heart:

bongosdad
24-05-2015, 01:52 AM
I remember reading that Colin Jackson is into jaffa cakes. If we ever get the munchies Jaffa cakes are one of the most healthy options for us and kids. - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-185080/Have-jaffa-cake-eat-it.html)

stateside
24-05-2015, 11:16 AM
My dearest daughter Win. I may have jumped the gun, having read your message of despair. It seems from your note that Ozzie has a problem, one I have encountered before in another chap. He does not actually enjoy being put in the cupboard. It is the crucial step toward his goal. He cannot come out of the closet unless he is put in there, you see?

He doesn't realize that it is not a literal action and keeps trying to come out and finding nothing is different.

Ozzie may prefer the company of your beautiful brother.

If I am wrong about all this then Mrs Statesides trick is to get me addicted to the one thing all men want and hold out on it until they (I) are as you put it whipped. It is a dangerous game as men will go looking elsewhere for their addiction, but in my case nobody makes a better lemon marange.

MissWinnie
26-05-2015, 05:30 AM
My dearest father, Statesey,. What would I do without your insight and words of wisdom?

Of course, it all makes sense now! My beautiful brother has been telling me to lock our magnificent Kiwi in the cupboard for a while now. He wanted him to come out especially for him! Between you and me, I think my brother still prefers Elle to the magnificent pecs man - I think it's just an attempt to improve on his dismal stats thus far in our little comps, by beating me in the win Oz comp. Hmm explains the beard and tache growing of late too - he knows he's got me there ... :blue:

Looks like I'm going to have to play dirty ...

So, can you share that lemon meringue recipe with me? Please?

ozfan
26-05-2015, 07:49 AM
Looks like I'm going to have to play dirty ...

Now that's more like it. :P

ozfan
26-05-2015, 08:00 AM
My dearest daughter Win. I may have jumped the gun, having read your message of despair. It seems from your note that Ozzie has a problem, one I have encountered before in another chap. He does not actually enjoy being put in the cupboard. It is the crucial step toward his goal. He cannot come out of the closet unless he is put in there, you see?

He doesn't realize that it is not a literal action and keeps trying to come out and finding nothing is different.

Ozzie may prefer the company of your beautiful brother.

If I am wrong about all this then Mrs Statesides trick is to get me addicted to the one thing all men want and hold out on it until they (I) are as you put it whipped. It is a dangerous game as men will go looking elsewhere for their addiction, but in my case nobody makes a better lemon marange.

Have you really just put me in the closet and then outed me? This after confiding with you man to man about my disobedient

MissWinnie
26-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Your wench is going to be having strong words with you later, Master Ozfan. :P In private. ;D

Hmm ... this thread seems to have turned into more confessions than biscuit tin. Giggles.

Anyone for Garibaldis? :D