PDA

View Full Version : Matt Mills Released by Bolton

PartTimeRam
15-05-2015, 01:04 PM
I'll admit it's been a while since I've seen him play but would he be an option? It's reported that they couldn't agree on a contract so presumably he's after either more money or a longer stint.

GangwayD
15-05-2015, 01:54 PM
I'll admit it's been a while since I've seen him play but would he be an option? It's reported that they couldn't agree on a contract so presumably he's after either more money or a longer stint.

I do enjoy all the summer rumours, speculation and fan opinion. Providing it's not Ronaldo's been spotted in B&Q, Spondon. (Did see Branko Strupar in there once though).

Wouldn't go for Mill's now if I'm honest, although looking at the Centre Halves we've got at the club then he'd probably be one of the best if we signed him.

I'd like Liam Moore or someone of his ilk but probably out of our price range.

Cheers for now
Gangway D from the terrace

Akwesasne
15-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Also being chased by Forest. It would be another case of player being united with a former manager.

tomsdubs
15-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Also being chased by Forest. It would be another case of player being united with a former manager.

Be surprised if he took the low wages you are allowed to offer him.

Akwesasne
15-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Who knows what we'll be able to afford after a bit of necessary wheeling and dealing to take us out of the transfer embargo.:)

tomsdubs
15-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Can't see that happening, your owner has shown zero financial nouse since arriving. Appalling track record financially.

southernram22
15-05-2015, 04:53 PM
think you might get him basie as its the follow previous manager thing you will have a few quid once Antonio and Lansbury go ?

Akwesasne
16-05-2015, 09:57 AM
think you might get him basie as its the follow previous manager thing you will have a few quid once Antonio and Lansbury go ?

I was thinking along those lines especially if Antonio and Lansbury go to Premiership clubs.

Akwesasne
16-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Can't see that happening, your owner has shown zero financial nouse since arriving. Appalling track record financially.

That charge could also be levelled at Nigel Doughty. Both have been exceedingly generous to the club but have both failed to attract the right manager to take the club into the Premiership.

Rattea
16-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Pablo Mills has been released by Bury ... There's an option called mills that would be cheaper ;)

roger_ramjet
16-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Mick Mills is also out of contract, cheap and a former England international. He would surely be an improvement on our existing full backs despite being 66.

Bring back Danny and the 4 of them could make our defence "dark and satanic"

Rob_the_Ram
16-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Mick Mills is also out of contract, cheap and a former England international. He would surely be an improvement on our existing full backs despite being 66.

Bring back Danny and the 4 of them could make our defence "dark and satanic"

Mrs Mills would be an improvement on our fullbacks.
(You have to be of a certain age!!)

Akwesasne
16-05-2015, 12:43 PM
Don't forget Gary Mills, probably the only one of the lot to win an European Cup medal.;) Also why not have Edinburgh Woollen and Armstrong Mills as your club sponsors. It would be a lot better than Just Eat and Mills would then appear on both sides of the player's shirt.

Akwesasne
16-05-2015, 12:54 PM
I am of that certain age, but perhaps you're not if I were to suggest the Mills Brothers. Also what about Freddie Mills who would also toughen up the side.

Polish_ForestMad
16-05-2015, 08:55 PM

Be surprised if he took the low wages you are allowed to offer him.[/quote]
Say abdoun is on what people say he's on 30k and we sell him we can use 75% of his wages on another players wages that we bring in,so that's 22k and if we can't get mills for that then the world has gone mad.