PDA

View Full Version : McClaren the farce goes on

Bloomeram
22-05-2015, 12:17 PM
McClaren the farce goes on - view external link (www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/mcclaren_the_farce_goes_on_862450/index.shtml)

swaledale
22-05-2015, 03:19 PM
I just can't see him staying now, he will have lost any credibility he had left with most fans - presumably if he goes to another club there will be no compensation on either side..pity £2 million would have boosted the transfer kitty!

FrenchTrimmed
22-05-2015, 03:26 PM
I just can't see him staying now, he will have lost any credibility he had left with most fans - presumably if he goes to another club there will be no compensation on either side..pity £2 million would have boosted the transfer kitty!

I still think that, regardless of the fact that his contract runs to 2017, he was pretty clear in his own mind that a failure to achieve promotion this year would result in his speedy departure - hence his reluctance to burn his bridges with the Newcastle thing.

swaledale
22-05-2015, 05:56 PM
You could be right, just wish it would get sorted and quickly we need to prepare for next season!

hantsram
22-05-2015, 06:48 PM
Sky now reporting the matter is in the hands of lawyers now, and nothing will be resolved until after the weekend.

What are we to make of this?

If this report is true and it has moved from a discussion with McClaren's agent to lawyer then I guess it can mean one of two things...
They have come to an agreement in principle and a contract is being drawn up for a compromise compensation agreement.
Or... Dcfc are playing hardball and suggesting McClaren breached his contract in the dalliance with Newcastle, and are trying to get rid with no compo.

My money is on the second option. I think there would have an announcement about mutual agreement departure had it been the first option.

What do you think?

eamonnram
22-05-2015, 07:10 PM
I think your bang on with the 2nd one to be fair. ;D

Oldtimeram
22-05-2015, 07:44 PM
I don't think anymore :/

AngryRam
22-05-2015, 08:01 PM
I don't think anymore :/

I disagree, you thought about posting that ;D
>:(

swaledale
22-05-2015, 09:45 PM
It seems that way, cannot see how McClaren would carry on now, sure there has been some OTT remarks on this forum by some, but this panto isn't going to help.