PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Model

Spikefaethesouth
04-06-2015, 05:38 PM
There have been a large number of posts on this website mourning the loss of the young talent which the club has nurtured and quite rightly so. Correctly identified as a reflection upon our success over the last couple of years in conjunction with the TV exposure. I like most wish these lads all the best as it is their and their family futures which they are considering.

What does however grate with me is the lack of compensation received for nurturing this talent. I know that all these players have agents and are encouraged no to sign long term contracts but something needs to be done to avoid the heart of the club from being torn out for peanuts.

One shining exception is Hamilton Accies whose poor crowds do not fund either their squad or the ground. They achieve it by ensuring decent fees for their young talent and future funds from additional transfers. Just how is this achieved because in my book it is a model that we should be adopting?

Please discuss!!!

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
04-06-2015, 06:38 PM
[quote="Spikefaethesouth"]There have been a large number of posts on this website mourning the loss of the young talent which the club has nurtured and quite rightly so. Correctly identified as a reflection upon our success over the last couple of years in conjunction with the TV exposure. I like most wish these lads all the best as it is their and their family futures which they are considering.

What does however grate with me is the lack of compensation received for nurturing this talent. I know that all these players have agents and are encouraged no to sign long term contracts but something needs to be done to avoid the heart of the club from being torn out for peanuts.

One shining exception is Hamilton Accies whose poor crowds do not fund either their squad or the ground. They achieve it by ensuring decent fees for their young talent and future funds from additional transfers. Just how is this achieved because in my book it is a model that we should

aloreburn
04-06-2015, 06:45 PM
I think Queens will start signing up their younger players on longer contracts .

This development fee compensation malarkey is there to be abused by tight fisted chairman

Francis_begbie_HFC
04-06-2015, 08:00 PM
hamilton sign these kids up before thay assign agents from 10 year olds upwards ,what thay do is thay sign them on 4 year rolling contracts ,now the diff between a 4 year contract and a 4 year rolling contract is when thay sign there first contract thay agree to there next 3, 4 year contracts so in theory its as good as a 12 year contract ,so when a club comes in for a player hamilton call the shots , some players wont sign these contracts so thats when a club has to be strict and no matter how good the player is if thay dont sign the contract its goodby farewell .no exceptions .

Spikefaethesouth
04-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Thanks Francis, this explains a lot and perhaps Queens should be getting tough along the same lines as the Accies for the good of the club.

nithvalley
04-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Hamilton have received much larger sums simply because of the quality of player they have produced which in turn attracts larger Clubs who are obliged to pay more.

McArthur and McCarthy did not end up at Dundee or Hibs !

For example, Lee Erwin - who everyone knows by now - is raking in a £500,000 fee for Motherwell as he moves to Leeds United.

Simply because of the category of Club they are they have to pay £60,000 for each year he has been with Motherwell - since he was 11.

jardi
05-06-2015, 07:50 AM
I have been a great admirer of the Hamilton model ever since I had the opportunity to witness their training facilities when McArthur was running riot in the under 15's.

It is without doubt the way to go and Queens management, directors and staff deserve the recompense if not the recognition for the players they have nurtured.

However, there is also one other important player in the equation and that is the faithful fan, - who at the moment is keeping the club afloat. If they decide that there is no point in continuing to support their club (if all that happens is that their best players are snapped up on a whim by some bigger team,) then there literally will be no point, because Palmerston will be deserted.

Queens need to nurture their local talent though the schools and the grass roots clubs like Heston, Greystone, Lochar, Terregles and the rest by providing working capital for these clubs to survive. As the parent club, Queens would be able have the pick of the crop.
Pyrami

Spikefaethesouth
05-06-2015, 09:49 AM
[quote="jardi"]I have been a great admirer of the Hamilton model ever since I had the opportunity to witness their training facilities when McArthur was running riot in the under 15's.

It is without doubt the way to go and Queens management, directors and staff deserve the recompense if not the recognition for the players they have nurtured.

However, there is also one other important player in the equation and that is the faithful fan, - who at the moment is keeping the club afloat. If they decide that there is no point in continuing to support their club (if all that happens is that their best players are snapped up on a whim by some bigger team,) then there literally will be no point, because Palmerston will be deserted.

Queens need to nurture their local talent though the schools and the grass roots clubs like Heston, Greystone, Lochar, Terregles and the rest by providing working capital for these clubs to survive. As the parent club, Queens would

MUSKY
05-06-2015, 10:54 AM
[quote="jardi"]I have been a great admirer of the Hamilton model ever since I had the opportunity to witness their training facilities when McArthur was running riot in the under 15's.

It is without doubt the way to go and Queens management, directors and staff deserve the recompense if not the recognition for the players they have nurtured

Queens need to nurture their local talent though the schools and the grass roots clubs like Heston, Greystone, Lochar, Terregles and the rest by providing working capital for these clubs to survive. As the parent club, Queens would b