PDA

View Full Version : With all the hype?

SlimyLimey
05-06-2015, 12:37 PM
With all the hype surrounding the appointment of Paul Clement, what do you expect from the coming season.

1) Automatic promotion?

2) Playoffs?

3) Disappointment?

AnagRam
05-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Difficult to say without any certainty about new signings. Given the ambition shown by the owners there is every reason to hope for some good new acquisitions and a top six finish. If those signings include some much needed defenders and above all, a proper on pitch leader, then with the luck - injury wise - that deserted us last season, I don't think top two is unrealistic. Tough division again though, Boro', Wolves, Hull and Burnley are just four that might take some stopping.

wristslasher_909
05-06-2015, 01:14 PM
My gut feeling is disaster. But...

If Alex Pearce, Richard Keogh, George Thorne, Will Hughes, Tom Ince and Chris Martin play at least 40 games each we will be promoted!

roger_ramjet
05-06-2015, 01:24 PM
If Ryan Shotton plays 40+ games too we will have a chance of top 6. 40+ games for Watford that is

Beardyram
05-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Not convinced Burnley or Boro will be a threat next season.

Burnley will lose Ings and his goals will take some replacing. As for Boro, both Vossen and Bamford were both on loan last season and both will be a big loss in their goals column. I can see Bamford going on loan to a lower end premiership side.

All Clement has to do is make slight changes to make us a very good side.

Watch out for Brighton and Reading though, both sides have very good managers!

wristslasher_909
05-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Bamford to the toon I reckon.

He needs to be tested in the PL now.

I agree Beardy about the tweaks. We could start with a very strong squad indeed, barring any injury disasters.

I haven't given up on Christie, Forsyth or Keogh either. All have the attributes to have good seasons in the Championship.

roger_ramjet
05-06-2015, 03:18 PM
I thought that i had heard Bamford going to Sunderland as part of the **** Advocaat rebuilding programme?

swaledale
05-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Top 6 challenging for automatic promotion I think thats realistic - Clement has set a top 2 place as a target, ambitious and it does depend upon who stays fit and who we sign, but I'd be disappointed if we were not in the top 6 for most of the season, just hope that unlike the one just gone, we stay there!

2.4Ram
05-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Hello people. New to all this chat stuff, go easy on me!!!

I fear we may be in for a mid table season while the new boss gets his feet under the table. Would've preferred to keep SM for continuity, but that's now history and PC will receive my full backing.Hope I'm wrong though and we hit the ground running.

swaledale
05-06-2015, 08:25 PM
Welcome, nice to have some new blood.

I can see where your coming from but there are plenty of examples of new managers coming in and doing well - **** me Watford had 5 new coaches and got automatic promotion!

I do think the squad needs a freshen up and t will be interesting to see who comes in with Weimann, bent and pearce all rumoured - though I'm a tad concerned that only one of those is a defender, but we ahve 3 months to sort that!

ellafella
05-06-2015, 08:52 PM
5 factors for me:

1. PC is a natural and has that indefinable quality that makes him an inspirational coach and leader. Plus, he has worked with the very best and that rubs off onto mere ordinary players in the form of an extra spring in their step.

2. The huge experience of the last 2 seasons. Don't underestimate the good that will bring. Ironic I know.

3. We have Mel Morris whose sudden emergence will give the Club that "onto the next level" feel.

4. Can already see that we are being linked with good players. Can PC can bring in that "Igor Stimac" type player {leader on the pitch, charisma, bags of ability}? I think he will.

5. Full iPro stadium.

I will stick my neck out and say top 2; and I am usually cautious. :s

SlimyLimey
05-06-2015, 10:33 PM
I hope you are right Ella. I just had my 75th birthday & have been wondering lately if I will live to see the Rams back in "The Promised Land".

Oldtimeram
05-06-2015, 10:49 PM
Of course you will see the promised land you silly old sod ;D

ellafella
05-06-2015, 10:56 PM
[quote="SlimyLimey".[/quote]

Book your flight for next March, Slimey. :s

swaledale
05-06-2015, 11:10 PM
Blimey you have stuck your neck out! The trouble is this division is so unpredictable, a team from league one will do well, a team relegated from the championship will bomb (hope its QPR) and a dozen others could be in the mix.

triz
06-06-2015, 08:10 AM
It'd be really nice if qpr capitulate, those burnley ****s too would be nice but that's less likely

Oldtimeram
06-06-2015, 08:31 AM
It'd be really nice if qpr capitulate, those burnley ****s too would be nice but that's less likely

Have you not been on Clarets Mad to upset my Burnley "mates" lately? ;D

2.4Ram
06-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Welcome, nice to have some new blood.

I can see where your coming from but there are plenty of examples of new managers coming in and doing well - **** me Watford had 5 new coaches and got automatic promotion!

I do think the squad needs a freshen up and t will be interesting to see who comes in with Weimann, bent and pearce all rumoured - though I'm a tad concerned that only one of those is a defender, but we ahve 3 months to sort that!

Thanks for the welcome.

I agree that not every manager needs a settling in period, but with a squad that finished last season clearly low on confidence and all the hype surrounding PC's arrival, there seems to be some high expectations from fans, he has a quite a challenge on his hands.
Hope I done sound negative, I really am not, I'm just not so confident about a promotion push this season.

Oldtimeram
06-06-2015, 08:40 AM
Ban this man for being so negative ;D

Welcome! by the way :D

2.4Ram
06-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Thank you oldtimeram.

Just read it back again, thinking of banning myself now!!!! Lol

ellafella
06-06-2015, 01:39 PM

I fear we may be in for a mid table season while the new boss gets his feet under the table. Would've preferred to keep SM for continuity, but that's now history and PC will receive my full backing.Hope I'm wrong though and we hit the ground running.

Welcome 2.4; Good to have your contributions. I hope you are not right but it's a very valid and realistic standpoint. :s

2.4Ram
07-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Thanks ella.

I'll be delighted to be wrong, but right now I'm not too sure.

vanderlaans_header
08-06-2015, 12:06 PM

Welcome 2.4, good to see that there are sensible posters joining the board. I have a similar view regarding next season, however I desperately want us to do well.

Interesting that PC has been very positive / optimistic regarding next season. Risking the obvious backlash of finishing outside the top six. Still it's better to aim high. By contrast Nigel Clough refused to discuss the 'P' word (promotion).

ellafella
08-06-2015, 12:32 PM

Welcome 2.4, good to see that there are sensible posters joining the board. I have a similar view regarding next season, however I desperately want us to do well.

Interesting that PC has been very positive / optimistic regarding next season. Risking the obvious backlash of finishing outside the top six. Still it's better to aim high. By contrast Nigel Clough refused to discuss the 'P' word (promotion).[/quote]

Very good point.
PC has a 3 year contract but I suspect has been told to get the job done asap.

So, PC saying top 2 is the target before having even seen th

triz
08-06-2015, 01:31 PM

Have you not been on Clarets Mad to upset my Burnley "mates" lately? ;D[/quote]

Not for a while, I'm glad they got to enjoy a season in the sun but now they're back with us also rans I'm sure that chip on their shoulder will return bigger than ever.

2.4Ram
08-06-2015, 06:57 PM

Interesting that PC has been very positive / optimistic regarding next season. Risking the obvious backlash of finishing outside the top six. Still it's better to aim high. By contrast Nigel Clough refused to discuss the 'P' word (promotion).[/quote]

Thanks vanderlaans.

I like that PC is positive. I think its the big club mentality coming out, think like a winner. But its a risky game to play, like you say, if

2.4Ram
08-06-2015, 07:18 PM

Very good point.
PC has a 3 year contract but I suspect has been told to get the job done asap.

So, PC saying