PDA

View Full Version : I wonder...

dazlhigh
05-06-2015, 03:41 PM
It's the close season, so I can maybe fly a kite about something that's been niggling away at me for a wee while. We had, under orders, to provide about I think) 13 000 seats at Fir Park. The best we've ever done - again 'I think'- was 11 000 plus v AS Nancy. A number of other Scottish clubs were hit by the same ruling. Then the goals were moved. 6 500 seats became enough, gazebos were OK and you could leave sides / ends of your grounds untroubled by spectators. I wonder how much we - and others - were disadvantaged by this change of policy? I'm just guessing; some proper research might throw up some interesting results.

Handsome_Devil
05-06-2015, 04:47 PM
We weren't troubled by it at all - Fir Park was rebuilt way before the idiotic minimum capacity requirements came in.

Falkirk, denied promotion in 2003, were the biggest losers while Inverness had to play at Aberdeen for half a season in 2004/5 (surviving comfortably in the end) and Gretna obviously rented out FP for a year.

Building the 'temporary' stands clearly isn't that much of a hassle - they're there to fill an administrative requirement and are used only on rare occasions.

Folk like Ross County who had to convert terracing probably weren't hassled that much as without having done so, their seating capacity would have been prohibitively low.