PDA

View Full Version : Wind Farms

ParkgateMiller
18-06-2015, 07:43 PM
Amber Rudd, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change has said onshore wind farms "have gone far enough" as the government cuts funds.

She said, "we have to use our precious bill payer's to support a variety of renewable energy supplies" and feels enough money is being spent on onshore wind.

It is estimated that 3,000 wind turbines are awaiting planning permission as the decision to cut subsidies has been made.

She added, "i'm not against wind farms per se, but I probably wouldn't want it in the field behind my house".

No, you feckin' 2wat-bitch. Bet Darling Dave Cameron wouldn't either - but I doubt he'll be stopping the Wind Farm repeatedly turned down for planning permission in my village - but being built anyway! 'Course, it is on his Father-in-Law's (Lord Sheffield's) land - SamCam's daddy!

I'd love to ram it up his a_rse!

jolly_roger
18-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Probably the opening shots in a campaign to put pressure on Scotland and the SNP considering Scotland was expecting huge subsidies to fund offshore wind farms.

Casper64Frank
18-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Nice little earner as well £350,000 per year

for a few wind turbines on your land.

ParkgateMiller
18-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Must be £50K per Turbine - there's 7 of them.

jolly_roger
18-06-2015, 08:04 PM
Years of objections by unelected quangos against nuclear power looks a bit dim now doesn't it?

CAMiller
18-06-2015, 08:08 PM
How long's Parkgate been a village? Sounds quite quaint XD

jolly_roger
18-06-2015, 08:55 PM
How long's Parkgate been a village? Sounds quite quaint XD

Since the dawn of time...Jurassic Parkgate

zouch
18-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Lets think this one through Amber. Electricity generation is currently stretched to a point beyond demand. Expect power cuts in the next 5 years! Coal fired power stations are 20years beyond their shelf life, renewable energy is expensive and has not yet reached the point of being cost effective, nuclear will take 15 years to get on stream – but the latest technology has fundamental flaws (micro cracks and pressure relief valve problems, similar to Chernobyl) and this government decides to cut an infinite supply of energy production because it looks ugly.

Now, as the world economy is based on energy supply (oil and gas is finite) prey tell what the solution is.

Fensmiller
19-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Spot on zouch, They want to put a halt on wind generation in order to favour their chums in the fracking business. They did the same in the 80's, closed down the mining industry in order to pave the way for what was known as 'the dash for gas'.

They will use trillions, yes trillions to bail out the banks (enough to pay each household in the country £27,000), so that the bankers can continue to pay themselves regular lottery win payouts, they will subsidise the privately owned railways to guarantee share holder profits, likewise they will bail out Thames Water a privately owned company that pays millions in dividends but cannot find the money to pay for renewing their own infrastructure. They will do nothing to close tax avoidance loop holes cost the country approx £25billion a year. The list goes on ad nausium, but they baulk at a relatively small subsidy to wind generation through a mock concern for the hard working 'taxpayer'

harpo88
19-06-2015, 09:56 AM
And yet they're still happy to subsidise fossil fuels.

Get ready for 5 years of this sort of move because the new ministers all have treasury and finance backgrounds and are big Osborne allies so it'll all be about cash. That's cash rather than economics, because it's all daft short termism.

fivetide
19-06-2015, 10:46 AM
Probably the opening shots in a campaign to put pressure on Scotland and the SNP considering Scotland was expecting huge subsidies to fund offshore wind farms.

They still might, this is about onshore not offshore. Strange thing is, there's old wee jimmy krankie bleating about it to anyone who will listen, yet back in 2007 one Alex Salmond, leader of the SNP at the time and so called 'political heavyweight' was calling for the same thing.

Hypocritical bullshine and typical of the cult of the SNP. Make Blatter look straight.