PDA

View Full Version : Fingers Crossed for Umbro in 2016

Qhris
19-06-2015, 02:57 PM
After the cheap, appalling sartorial efforts of our home and away shirts this season, courtesy of Puma, i'm casting jealous eyes the way of Umbro-kitted clubs this term: simple yet classy.

I think if we'd had the Derby County shirt below in Wolves colours (old gold in place of the white) it would have been stunning, I really like the faded diamond pattern too. Umbro created a nice rounded-neck shirt for West Ham, for their final season at Upton Park, as well.

Still, you can't have it all: at least our Silverbug sponsor agreed to their logo in black; the Derby JUST EAT! below destroys what is a lovely shirt.

p.s. painfully, kudos to adidas for the Baggies red away kit, with the script-font badge and no sponsor. Just shows what can be done with a template, it isn't really an excuse for poor quality.

[img] http://tinyurl.com/o2anux5

wolves71
19-06-2015, 07:39 PM
Bar the sponsors logo, that shirt looks decent from the photo you posted. It often comes down to what the club agrees with those making the kit. The last few efforts from Puma leave a lot to be desired if you ask me. The material isn't good at all.

MichiganWolf
19-06-2015, 08:15 PM
I didn't mind the 14-15 home and away shirts. I actually liked them both, particularly the away shirt. But the 15-16 home and away shirts are not anything I will purchase.

What the corporations don't seem to understand is that with clubs like Wolves, less is more. We don't need to build a brand. Wolves crest is recognizable and so are our colors. We want simple designs and nothing too garish. And everyone will still know - that's Wolves.

Woking88
19-06-2015, 11:32 PM
I didn't mind the 14-15 home and away shirts. I actually liked them both, particularly the away shirt. But the 15-16 home and away shirts are not anything I will purchase.

What the corporations don't seem to understand is that with clubs like Wolves, less is more. We don't need to build a brand. Wolves crest is recognizable and so are our colors. We want simple designs and nothing too garish. And everyone will still know - that's Wolves.

The club wants the fans to buy these shirts so, as I have said before, why not seek input from the fans instead of producing yet another unacceptable monstrosity without any reference to the market place. Thick - or what? :/