PDA

View Full Version : An evening with Evans

millertop
22-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Hilton sheffield (RUFC venue not good enough ;) )
Mon 6th July 7pm til midnight including a three course meal (right up kempo's street surely)

For more details contact John on 07939024089

Archiemiller
22-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Hilton sheffield (RUFC venue not good enough ;) )
Mon 6th July 7pm til midnight including a three course meal (right up kempo's street surely)

For more details contact John on 07939024089IMO (if true) anybody attending this function should be tret like a miner crossing a picket line,a Rotherham venue not good enough DISGUSTING. I personally wouldnt attend anywhere in sheff even if snap n ale were FREE.

Millerboy08
22-06-2015, 08:35 PM
This a wind up or true story????

jolly_roger
22-06-2015, 08:59 PM
Yep all true, three course meal, jelly, balloons and a bouncy castle. The full monty

Rileyev2
22-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Why not use the NYS.

Seems odd.

millertop
23-06-2015, 06:12 AM
@SheffieldHilton

leedsmiller
23-06-2015, 07:03 AM
Perhaps it's a private event rather than a Rotherham United evening, SE taking the first steps towards a career after football (he's had enough 'stand-up' practice on the touchline). ;D

millertop
23-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Perhaps it's a private event rather than a Rotherham United evening, SE taking the first steps towards a career after football (he's had enough 'stand-up' practice on the touchline). ;D

It's probably about football in general, he knows enough Managers/players to write a book

myowzer
23-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Have you thought that NYS and the only other 3 suitable places in town may already be booked.

An also, you are not telling me you have only ever bought things made and sold in Rotherham.

Aimed at Archie

Brin
23-06-2015, 12:54 PM
I've attended many venues run by John Green and they've never failed to disappoint... Apart from the chicken dinner which needs changing now John ;D

They've traditionally been held at the Holiday Inn at the end of Bawtry Rd Near to the M1.

Strange that it's in the Sheff Hilton though ? Like myowzer said.. Venues may already be booked and as for the NYS not being used I think you'll find it's a cost issue unless you want to pay more by using the NYS...

jolly_roger
23-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Mrs Jolly went on a Christmas do there a few years ago, she reckoned it was crap and they also have alcohol prices that would make your toes curl.

gazmadmiller
23-06-2015, 03:20 PM
I've attended many venues run by John Green and they've never failed to disappoint... Apart from the chicken dinner which needs changing now John ;D

They've traditionally been held at the Holiday Inn at the end of Bawtry Rd Near to the M1.

Strange that it's in the Sheff Hilton though ? Like myowzer said.. Venues may already be booked and as for the NYS not being used I think you'll find it's a cost issue unless you want to pay more by using the NYS...

Im sorry but are you really saying that its cheaper to hire a venue in Sheff, then pay the catering than having the event at a venue we already own and pay for only the catering ????? :? :? :?

theentertainer
23-06-2015, 03:43 PM
If this was a club event it would be at the stadium and would make sense,having said that i put Steve evans and Tony stewert on at the stadium and only sold 50 tickets when it first opened.As a promoter you have to do your sums as in cost of the Guest speaker,room hire and food costs to ensure you make a profit.If it wasnt for my sponsor who contributed to the fees i would have blown my arse!Some speakers are more popular than others Ronnie and Jonnie packed wick club 250 sold out for me:D :D :D :D :D

wrinkly
23-06-2015, 03:46 PM

Do you really mean that Brin?
It reads as though the only good thing is the chicken dinner (which you want changing :s )

jolly_roger
23-06-2015, 03:47 PM
A hand full of corn, isn't that a chicken dinner?