PDA

View Full Version : David Fox from Colchester

supercrewe
24-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Apparently could be close to signing

ChalkDust
24-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Would be a worthy addition with Prem experience and creative in the midfield.

AstonAlex
24-06-2015, 03:56 PM
. . and Colchester only have good things to say about him. Wanted to be closer to family in the North West, born in Staffordshire, who could be better than the Mighty Reds? ;D

itwasin
24-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Well if SD does not get him after losing Grant i would give up!

Gobstopper
24-06-2015, 04:39 PM

I thought you would be delighted if SD did not get Fox, give you something else to complain about.

somersetcrewe
24-06-2015, 08:15 PM

Yes please, if you would!

CrewieFlyboy
25-06-2015, 11:56 AM
One word. Wages. Apparently some of the young lads looking to play football for the club want wages so high you’d think they were part of the “Blue Seat Brigade”.

Wouldn’t be so bad but they aren’t even prepared to make any derogative press statements about players nearing the end of their contracts. I mean who do these footballers think they are? Do they not know the reason people turn up every other week, is to pay good money to watch the Touch Line Tag Team take it in turns to run down from their blue seats and shout inane things from the technical box?

I don't know, footballers, they are so naive at times they honestly think it's about football :O

DaveWoo
30-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Just popped over to a Colchester forum for an opinion, as I never really noticed him at our place.

Hi DW,

Decent player and we tried to keep him. Biggest strength for us was the fact he was an experienced player in a very young side. Generally played a defensive midfield role last season but in his first stint with us a few years back he was more attacking.

I like him as a player and, if we don't sign some experience in midfield, I think we will miss.

Good luck for next season except for the obvious two games!

WB

sounds promising :)

supercrewe
30-06-2015, 08:19 PM
If we can secure the signing of Fox, tie up the deal for JL from Everton, and confirm the return of a very familiar face , I reckon this forum might be a far more positive place in a few days !

Timmy58
30-06-2015, 08:47 PM
I very much doubt the postings on this forum will be any more positive un less we win the league. Not entirely convinced even then.

Btw, who is JL from Everton?

supercrewe
30-06-2015, 08:53 PM
He's the 21 year old midfielder we are trying to sign...

Timmy58
30-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Ah, right. I didn't know any details. Do we know much about him? When I say "we", I clearly don't!

RabidDog
30-06-2015, 09:50 PM
John lundstram

AstonAlex
30-06-2015, 10:20 PM
I'm guessing he would have been in the same age group teams for England as Powell and Max, which is good. Plus he comes from a club with an excellent reputation for coaching their youngsters properly. All we have to do is make it attractive enough I suppose. . . . fingers (and everything else) crossed then!!

itwasin
01-07-2015, 09:00 AM
How do you Expect CA who move like a Toroise in Treacle to catch a FOX on the run he has been out there now for 7 days.
CA have lost the scent already having told all the North West Clubs.
Thats the reality folks.

Nexus_6_Replicant
01-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Itwasin, wind-up toys have been around for a long time now. Can't you get one of those to amuse yourself rather than boring the bejesus out of this board with your frequent quasi-literate and entirely transparent attempts to wind people up on here? You denizens of joy-in-negativity are all rather dull it has to be said.

Let's wait and see where we're at closer to the season with our squad before flying off the handle.

itwasin
01-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Itwasin, wind-up toys have been around for a long time now. Can't you get one of those to amuse yourself rather than boring the bejesus out of this board with your frequent quasi-literate and entirely transparent attempts to wind people up on here? You denizens of joy-in-negativity are all rather dull it has to be said.

Let's wait and see where we're at closer to the season with our squad before flying off the handle. - view external link (like i said its Reality,it happens to often,if u get wound up take a tablet)

Nexus_6_Replicant
01-07-2015, 09:35 AM
The only ones needing tablets are those sad sacks who find pleasure in spreading doom and gloom.

The reality is all the targetsd by SD and found in the media today have been common knowledge amongst Alex supporters for a good few weeks. I very much doubt that other clubs have been awaiting for the Staffordshire Sentinel and Crewe Chronicle to inform them of the availability of the likes of David Fox.

England_First
01-07-2015, 09:39 AM
How do you Expect CA who move like a Toroise in Treacle to catch a FOX on the run he has been out there now for 7 days.
CA have lost the scent already having told all the North West Clubs.
Thats the reality folks.

I would take your views more seriously if I could just get past both of the following nagging doubts I have,

a. your a vale fan on the wind up

b. your just a username with the remit to create more traffic, thus wasting genuine fans time.

:blue:

Timmy58
01-07-2015, 09:42 AM
There really are some irritating oiks on this forum. If the manager had said nothing, he would be accused (and has been) of waiting til everyone is fixed up with a club and then we are left with the dregs, he says who we are looking at and he is alerting all and sundry to who is available. When all is said and done, the club cannot win with these people.
I expect the club to be able to field a decent side against the Vale and I expect us not to be relegated. Now, off you go, pick the bones out of that!

itwasin
01-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Yes Timmy its a bit like THE GOOD THE BAD & The Ugly have you not noticed CA very rarely ever win the 1st game of the season and the team they play go on to have a good season Fleetwood last year and Rotheram before the good news is that most teams in L1 will be happy to see CA in the league as they know already One place is taken up in the bottom 4.The other good news is that many away fans will visit CA to boost the falling home support,as its easy to get to Crewe cheap admission and an easy 3 point for them.If you have read all the Post on the THE TRUTH its obvious the club can not support the 1st team and the Academy,so the bad news is the 1st team will suffer.The Ugly is fans who get upset if posts dont agree with there thoughts but thats what a forum is for,so respect everyones views,but this is mine,and many more out there. I hope i am wrong but you know it makes sense.

Nexus_6_Replicant
01-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Yes, respect others views that you exist here only to drum up traffic with your transparent determination to whip up disenchantment. Even MikeSB has managed the odd positive comment down the years, not something that could be said about "itwasin".

It's ridiculous accounts like yours that are part of the reason why so few Crewe fans bother with forums like this at all.

itwasin
01-07-2015, 11:05 AM
its like me and MSB who have to Balance views on this forum to stop you all falling over the edge.
You want to get out there and talk to more supporters,not on this site.

AstonAlex
01-07-2015, 10:37 PM
As I have said before, I disagree with much of what Mike SB posts on this forum, but he has the intelligence and good manners to write in English, without extraneous (look it up) capital letters on words that shouldn't have them or even full words in caps, which, if you know anything about texting and emailing, you would know is considered to be shouting.

So not just unintelligible and permanently negative but also rude - which is one more hat trick than the Alex managed last season, sadly.

somersetcrewe
02-07-2015, 06:21 AM
I just feel sorry for David Fox! ;D

Furberstreet
03-07-2015, 02:20 PM
I think that SD is caught between a rock and a hard place when it comes to confirming transfer targets or just staying silent to avoid alerting other clubs. What does irritate me is that we know, for example, that Tate and Raschubka are/were keen to sign permanently. However, despite the obvious benefits Tate, in particular, would bring to the first XI, it seems that he will only be approached when we have signed other players and there is still cash in the till. Ironically, it seems that Raschubka has signed for Mansfield along with Shearer.

As for "Itwasin", the deliberate misuse of "there" instead of "their" and the random use of capitals to start words in the middle of sentences, make me think that the individual is trying to appear less literate than he/she actually is. I do not care whether or not Itwasin is a Port Vale fan as many of his posts do touch a nerve even if the message is relentlessly downbeat.

ChalkDust
13-07-2015, 07:29 AM
Expected to sign in the next 24 hours.

somersetcrewe
13-07-2015, 08:29 AM
That is good news, a midfielder with experience - and in the Prem too!
Now if we can just nail Tate, I'd say that wouldn't be too bad at all.

ShropshireAlex
13-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Expected to sign in the next 24 hours.

But Radio Joke now reporting we're hoping to sign Lundstram, the lad from Everton, some time today, as Wigan have dropped out. Is he higher on SD's shopping list than Fox?

somersetcrewe
13-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Is he higher on SD's shopping list than Fox?

2 ends of the spectrum in terms of experience.
Both would be nice!

spitfiresi
13-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Both would be an improvement on the dross that is there now.

somersetcrewe
13-07-2015, 04:02 PM

No-one would deny we needed strengthening but to suggest Turton, Jones, Inman and Cooper are dross is WELL wide of the mark!

Timmy58
13-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Disrespectful in my view to describe any of the playing staff as dross. We do need to strengthen and it would appear that the management team have this well in hand

VindePays2009
13-07-2015, 04:56 PM
We'll never get Lundstram, but the news that Wigan are pulling out is odd.

Is Dave Whelan now beginning to pull his money out of the Latics a la Norman?

spitfiresi
14-07-2015, 12:30 PM
No-one would deny we needed strengthening but to suggest Turton, Jones, Inman and Cooper are dross is WELL wide of the mark![/quote]

Football is about opinions and in mine they are. Hardly a success last year were they ?? Football is mainly about whats on the pitch NOW not who may/may not come good.

CreweC
14-07-2015, 01:20 PM

No-one would deny we needed strengthening but to suggest Turton, Jones, Inman and Cooper are dross is WELL wide of the mark![/quote]

To be fair labelling all the players as dross is a bit too far. But we can certainly say Turton didn't offer enough to prove he's league 1. Inman has been out of sorts all season. James Jones and George Cooper are both going to be in and out of the team this season as they are introduced into the team a bit more. Grant and nolan have both gone and they were both mixed in results. So in that respect our midfield is far too weak and definitely needs quality additions to replace what we've got/allow others to develop at a steady pace

Gobstopper
14-07-2015, 03:25 PM
So we have our third midfielder as SD has agreed a deal with Fox, if the deal for Lundstrum doesn't come off. Lundstrum was SD's number 1 target but was more likely to join Wigan until they pulled out. It doesn't look likely to be Fox and Lundstrum, it looks like Lundstrum with Fox as back up if that deal does not come off. I'd be quite happy if we got Fox as he gives us that experience but with Lundstrum Wigans loss could be our gain. SD certainly rates him, just need to sort out the left back spot and the club are holding further talks with Colclough. It all started slow but things are now coming together, well done to Steve and his team for concluding these deals., cant wait for the match with the ex Alex team down the road in Burslem.

AlexLeicester
14-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Signed, sealed, delivered! It looks like a good core in midfield.
Now for that full back and back-up for Garratt.

Not so sure about a new striker now. It seems that the coffers have been run dry, but I'd love to see a proven goalscorer.

All that's needed is for every fan bleating about lack of spending to bring along another fan for every home game, and our money troubles will be over. It's down to the players to entertain, and us fans to raise the gates.

VindePays2009
14-07-2015, 05:43 PM
FFS (for Fox sake)!

Oh well, we'll need to make the best of it. Admittedly Lundstram wasn't pulling up trees in the lower divisions.

I just get fed up of all this 'the sums didn't add up' guff. Of course they can add up; it's just that that the Alex are as mean as get-out.

out0lunch
14-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Talking of midfielders, I see Liam Nolan is having a trial with Blackburn

supercrewe
14-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Signed, sealed, delivered! It looks like a good core in midfield.
Now for that full back and back-up for Garratt.

Not so sure about a new striker now. It seems that the coffers have been run dry, but I'd love to see a proven goalscorer.

All that's needed is for every fan bleating about lack of spending to bring along another fan for every home game, and our money troubles will be over. It's down to the players to entertain, and us fans to raise the gates.

The back up goalkeeper could be David Richards who has been released by Bristol City and will be coming on trial.