PDA

View Full Version : Dean Smith rejects contract offer

queens1986
28-06-2015, 06:32 PM
After following Deans development for a few years am disappointed to confirm he has rejected the contract offered and will now be playing his football away from Palmerston.
I am aware of both Stenhousemuir and Annan who have been in discussions with Dean but obviously he would be part time if he were to opt between either club.
I hope wherever he ends up he goes on and grabs the first team opportunities he should get.

With the pace he has and an eye for goal he should do ok in the game.
Good luck Deano!

aloreburn
28-06-2015, 07:17 PM
If rumours are true then the money Queens are offering the young lads is quite embarrassing . Can't blame the lad if that's the case

Lord_Palmerston
28-06-2015, 07:45 PM
He'll be low down in the pecking order at Palmerston I would think and will have a better chance of first team football elsewhere probably...

Palmyman
28-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Yes probably true LP = Dean was on the bench around 26 times coming off on only six occasions in his 3 years at Palmy - good luck to him wherever he ends up.

QoS02
28-06-2015, 09:57 PM
If rumours are true then the money Queens are offering the young lads is quite embarrassing . Can't blame the lad if that's the case

Aye the money side of it isn't too clever for the younger players and let's face it we all need a certain amount to make ends meet.

Did hear that Dalbeattie Star were after a few of the lads that left the 20's and were offering them more money.:s

Palmyman
29-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Has spoken to Annan but has been training with Gretna 2008. Queens could always loan him and hissake Aidan to Annan for a bit of experience.

Palmyman
03-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Now signed up for the '' village people '' side who seem to have cash to splash after getting a considerable sum in last year's Border TV lottery.