PDA

View Full Version : First Choices - But Still No Offers of Contract

AlexonTour
01-07-2015, 01:01 PM
I am so frustrated that Lundstram and Fox are supposedly our 1st choice signing yet we have not made any offers to them.

SD knows what they are capable of and that they will make a positive impact on the team. They are not some young trialist, so therefore offer them a contract, at least it starts discussions and lets them know we are serious in signing them.

CrewieFlyboy
01-07-2015, 01:32 PM
Well that would just be plain daft wouldn’t it? Offer contracts to players who obviously aren’t going accept the terms and more importantly the salaries that Crewe would offer.

Instead put out there that Crewe are looking at some decent quality players, play them in a few trial games, then with any luck a few wavering season ticket holders who haven’t renewed yet will consider that as The Alex are looking to sign such players and they’ll give it another go, before stating that unfortunately the players didn’t sign due to the players agents finding other clubs. More money brought in from the sale of the extra season tickets for the Blue Seat Brigade to share and none wasted on stupid incidentals like players wages.

Come on it’s the “Crewe Way”, some people love it and wouldn’t look to even question the Gresty Towers propaganda. And as such you should expect a number of derogatory messages put on here that you should dare express any dissatisfaction.

Shall I start “ If you don’t lik

Nexus_6_Replicant
01-07-2015, 01:33 PM
Sure seems odd, but I've no idea if this is common practice or not. The interest must be reciprocated first I'd imagine, can't believe a contract offer is made without a discussion taking place beforehand.

MikeSB
01-07-2015, 02:01 PM
Its seems quite straightforward really.

We 'probably' pay the lowest wages in this league and even possibly any league? So most players will hold out for the best wages they can get before the season starts and if they aren't fixed up by then, will look at Crewe arguably as a last resort. Then they will say, they wanted to join us all along! ;)

That is the reason Colclough hasn't signed. But as said, clubs will have to pay a fee or go to a tribunal and as he is a bit of an unknown in more ways than one, that is a big risk but he would have gone by now had there not been a fee involved is my guess? Players do sign extensions here and that's because they probably aren't good enough to play that much higher. And if nobody comes in, Colclough will sign, like Byron Moore did.

So as in the last few seasons its unlikely we will see any 'decent' signings until very late on IF at all. We would then go with what we have and a few loanees. That's the way the cookie crumbles baby! ;)

Nexus_6_Replicant
01-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Yep, straightforward - if a player (like any wage slave) has options, he will look for the best deal he can get, save occasionally for the odd mitigating factor such as location. The surprise there is ?

itwasin
01-07-2015, 02:24 PM
I would not blame SD he has not been given any money has he ??? Dare i say it Its gone to keep the Academy running!thats what most want is it not!you can not have both with the budget CA have.The men at the top have to answer while the team struggle at the bottom.Thats it folks.

MikeSB
01-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Yep, straightforward - if a player (like any wage slave) has options, he will look for the best deal he can get, save occasionally for the odd mitigating factor such as location. The surprise there is ?

I wonder if location is as important as it once was? One thing I despise about all this stuff is in the PL and elsewhere where few players have any loyalty. Maybe they never did and its looking through rose tinted glasses etc.

But watching multi millionaire PL players all wanting away after a couple of years to try and get even bigger wages and sign on fees. How is it possible to cheer these players who have no respect for the fans at all and how can it be right that the clubs with the most money generally win the day? At least I can say OUR club is not like that at all...We do deserve our prizes when we get them, that's for sure.

weymouthalex
01-07-2015, 03:19 PM
For once, MikeSB, I agree entirely with what you write. Watching youngsters coming through and moving on is a great part of my enjoyment; but in fairness I only get to a couple of games a season. I am sure our wage structure is a huge hindrance to signing new players and that SD must get frustrated by the offers he is forced to make. On the other hand we have not had to make transfer payments, pay signing on fees or high wages for over half our first team, as they have come through the academy.

AstonAlex
01-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Yes, Weymouth, the Academy certainly saves us a fair amount on signing on fees and initial salaries, not to mention agents' commissions. I am quite proud of the fact that for years Dario would not pay agents (with the exception of the fella that found Majid Bougherra for us as he was asked to by DG). I suspect that this may also be a contributory factor to us not getting some players over the years, but if those players were so in thrall to their agents' opinions then we were probably better off without them in the first place.

AlexonTour
08-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Yes, Weymouth, the Academy certainly saves us a fair amount on signing on fees and initial salaries, not to mention agents' commissions. I am quite proud of the fact that for years Dario would not pay agents (with the exception of the fella that found Majid Bougherra for us as he was asked to by DG). I suspect that this may also be a contributory factor to us not getting some players over the years, but if those players were so in thrall to their agents' opinions then we were probably better off without them in the first place.

I agree that the academy has saved us a fortune in transfer fees with the benefit that in previous years they move on to a bigger club at a profit.

Unfortunately in todays market due to the players agent, or the pure greed of young players today, this revenue back in to the club can no longer be guaranteed.

This will have serious financial repercussions for the football club in the future if this is allow