PDA

View Full Version : Lorenzo Davids,

gramiller1959
09-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Rotherham United are understood to be in talks with former Feyenoord and Bournemouth midfielder Lorenzo Davids, according to FLW sources.

Davids is understood to be in talks with Rotherham United
The 28-year-old, cousin of former Tottenham and Holland midfielder Edgar Davids, has been on trial at the South Yorkshire side. - view external link (footballleagueworld.co.uk/rotherham-united-in-talks-with-former-feyenoord-midfielder/?)

Powertoola
09-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Not entirely sure, I'd call him a quality signing...

What happen to Rodolph Austin?

gwru
09-07-2015, 10:41 AM
This won't happen. At most be 3 in. Keeper, Grant Ward. Don't know about other one, don't think Tavernier was ever on, he'll sit on his £10,000 a week. Are we going to pay a fee, only thing lacking height, strength up front.

Powertoola
09-07-2015, 11:30 AM
This won't happen. At most be 3 in. Keeper, Grant Ward. Don't know about other one, don't think Tavernier was ever on, he'll sit on his £10,000 a week. Are we going to pay a fee, only thing lacking height, strength up front.

We do definitely need a defensive midfielder... (I don't think he is it) need someone who can pass and is solid at the back.

Reedy72
09-07-2015, 11:39 AM
We have a big strong forward in Greg halford. Got a feeling he will play up front come the new season

twinnyjoe
09-07-2015, 11:39 AM
We probably have one of the best defensive midfielders in the league in Richie Smallwood. Thorpe and Halford can also play that role so for me we need wide midfielders not central

Powertoola
09-07-2015, 11:41 AM
We have a big strong forward in Greg halford. Got a feeling he will play up front come the new season

Really, do you really think he is going to be a "quality" striker. Maybe a make shift one if we get desperate, but not a perminant striker... Midfield maybe, will probably play centre back. With Wood going out on loan. And switching round, Halford, Thorpe,Collins, Broadfoot (who I'd personally let go)

Powertoola
09-07-2015, 11:42 AM
We probably have one of the best defensive midfielders in the league in Richie Smallwood. Thorpe and Halford can also play that role so for me we need wide midfielders not central

Better sign Grant Ward then

Reedy72
09-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Who said quality. Because I know I didn't Powertoola

gramiller1959
09-07-2015, 12:13 PM

Really, do you really think he is going to be a "quality" striker. Maybe a make shift one if we get desperate, but not a perminant striker... Midfield maybe, will probably play centre back. With Wood going out on loan. And switching round, Halford, Thorpe,Collins, Broadfoot (who I'd personally let go)[/quote]

ronnie moore was a defender :)

Powertoola
09-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Who said quality. Because I know I didn't Powertoola

Wasn't it said by the management team. "Quality signings" over quantity...

Powertoola
09-07-2015, 12:27 PM

Really, do you really think he is going to be a "quality" striker. Maybe a make shift one if we get desperate, but not a perminant striker... Midfield maybe, will probably play centre back. With Wood going out on loan. And switching round, Halford, Thorpe,Collins, Broadfoot (who I'd personally let go)[/quote]

ronnie moore was a defender :)[/quote]

And Gareth bale was a left back. There's always exceptions.

Halford, let's be honest, isn't going to be a first choice striker who will get more goals than Danny Ward, Matt Derbyshire, or even Bowery and Clarke-Harris. Otherwise he'd play at a striker role all the time.

I can't see him being a quality championship striker...

League 2 maybe.

A championship defender, yes.

gramiller1959
10-07-2015, 06:16 AM
from the star ..

Goalkeeper Emi Martinez, who had a successful loan spell at AESSEAL New York Stadium last season, is a target, but reports linking the club with Will Grigg and Lorenzo Davids are wide of the mark. Young midfielder Grant Ward has impressed while training with the Millers and Evans could look to strike a deal.

Powertoola
10-07-2015, 08:10 AM
from the star ..

Goalkeeper Emi Martinez, who had a successful loan spell at AESSEAL New York Stadium last season, is a target, but reports linking the club with Will Grigg and Lorenzo Davids are wide of the mark. Young midfielder Grant Ward has impressed while training with the Millers and Evans could look to strike a deal.

Thank god for that...