PDA

View Full Version : O/T Need Help - Outside Tap

myowzer
17-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Hi,

Can anyone fit outdoor taps, I made the mistake of using one of those taps that cuts into the pipe as the proper tap was leaking, anyway this morning it pop off, I have bodged it back on but need it replacing with a proper tap.

How Much for you to fix, supply and fit a new tap?

Here's the issue, it appears the isolation valve is behind the integrated dishwasher.

Anyway, if anyone is available please reply on here and I will give you my number, tomorrow morning would be ideal.

walter10
17-07-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm not a plumber so not attempting to bid for the job.

But, just as a matter on interest, how much would you be prepared to pay for it?

I'm thinking it will be £80 - £100.

myowzer
17-07-2015, 12:59 PM
Can I answer that after I have had a price, Don't want to set the price for someone to offer ;D

crashbang
17-07-2015, 02:00 PM
30 mins installation by look of the reviews - view external link (http://www.screwfix.com/p/outside-tap-kit-brass-15mm-x-/33139?kpid=33139&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product Listing Ads-_-Sales Tracking-_-sa)

S8_Miller
17-07-2015, 03:22 PM
Very easy job for any half competent DIYer

caytonmiller
17-07-2015, 04:19 PM
I'm not a plumber so not attempting to bid for the job.

But, just as a matter on interest, how much would you be prepared to pay for it?

I'm thinking it will be £80 - £100.

its a 45 min job (if no problems) and parts needed would cost £15 should get it done for £60/£70

things you will need is.
1 bib tap £5
1 backing plate with 600mm of tube £5
1 comp tee £2
roll of ptfe tape 0.50p
1 isolating valve £1...

my van goes in monday for new steering rack and few other repairs if it can wait till week after i would gladly pop over and take a look (providing your not too far)

btw im not a plumber but have a portfolio of 14 houses that i have bought/renovated/sold (few retained as renterz) and fitted several full plumbing and heating systems

caytonmiller
17-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Hi,

Here's the issue, it appears the isolation valve is behind the integrated dishwasher.

is it possible to turn off the mains water supply?
is there room to cut in another isolating valve thats not behind the dishwasher?

myowzer
17-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Guys... thanks very much for the response, it would seem the Brother-In-Law has come good and is on his way around now to fix it while i am at work.

Cayton, thanks for the offer, I will certainly be in touch if he can't sort it.

Unfortunately the isolation valve is behind the dish washer which the landlady had fitted and she doesn't know where the mains stop is so still got to figure that one out in case anything else happens.