PDA

View Full Version : Crewe strongest team

CreweC
09-08-2015, 08:02 PM
So we've seen the pre season, we've seen the first game of the season. So the question is what do you feel is the best team and formation to achieve results and get the best out of the team?

For me it's a 4-2-3-1 formation

Garratt
Baillie Davis Nugent Turton (makeshift)
Fox Bingham
Cooper Inman Colclough
LDV

I feel that cooper and colclough have lots to offer with skill, pace and creativity. Inman needs to be tried CAM as he's struggling on the wing. LDV would compliment the style of play I feel of Inman better than Haber.

Fox for experience and to do the simple stuff right. Bingham to add a bit more going forward. I feel that's the balance for the chemistry of our team.

Only issue is LB it needs addressing with Turton making way once it's sorted.

What is your opinion of our strongest team and formation?

Mojofilter
10-08-2015, 07:50 AM
Not sure about upfront, I said in another thread that I think we have the players but it will take some experimentation to find the right combination.
IMO George Cooper did enough from the bench to earn a start, but Colclough didn't look fit enough.

I wasn't a George Ray fan last year but on Saturdays showing he deserves to keep his place.

Fifty_Year_Fan
10-08-2015, 07:50 AM
Think that's not a bad shout CreweC but I would like to try:

Turton Ray Davies Loan
Fox Bingham
Cooper Inman/Jones Colclough
LDV

Think LDV can play up front on his own if we can play the ball to his feet or in behind.
I would definitely try Inman in different positions as the left wing position has not worked, particularly with Colclough coming back. How would we feel if after us releasing him he went to a different club who played him in a different position and he flourished?

What I would like to see, whatever formation we play, is for the midfield to support the one or two up front. It annoys me to see a large gap between forwards and midfield/wingers so any knockdowns from eg.Haber are wasted due to a lack of support.

AstonAlex
10-08-2015, 09:18 AM
I like the idea of Ray Davies at the heart of our back 4! At least if we are served up last year's dross he can give us a tune! All jesting aside I agree that we need greater cohesion between the midfield and front men. We lacked any pace at all on Saturday until Clolclough (clearly not match fit) and Cooper were introduced. Jones will help but I can't help harking back to the last couple of seasons when our full backs (Toots, Leigh, Baillie) had pace which complemented the lack of it elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I think Turton was solid on Saturday and Guthrie, whilst playing out of position, was far from our worst player.

You only have to ask who threatened us most from the Vale to know that pace scares defenders at this level, so let's get some in the side.

My best 11 would be
Garrett,
Baillie, Ray, Davis, Loan,
Jones, Fox, Turton
LDV, Cooper, Colclough

No height up front? Not required if you pass and move with pace in the time honoured Dario style.

Timmy58
10-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Haber being a good man to have on the bench to activate plan B. I have to say that Bingham, I think, will turn into a decent signing. It is a step up for him but he looked capable. As for Ray Davies giving us a tune. If it came down to that, I am sure it would be a very good one!

Ryancrewefan4ever
13-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Well two games in we have seen good and bad signs.

Why not try 5-3-2, worked last season didn't it?
----------Garratt-------------
-----Ray-Davis-Nugent-----
Ballie-------------------Loan
----Bingham-Fox-Jones----
--------LDV-Coco

spitfiresi
13-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Garret
any 9 in defence
Haber up front

We might only concede 1 a game then lol