PDA

View Full Version : Hutton & Heffernan

johnny_dumfries
12-08-2015, 08:51 AM
Sounds like Kyle Hutton & Paul Heffernan have agreed personal terms at Queens & will be officially signed once all the paperwork is sorted out

Spikefaethesouth
12-08-2015, 09:41 AM
This is a good statement of intent by the club as I would expect both of these players will not come cheap. Heffernan is a tried and proven front man who has been at a number of senior clubs so obviously has something to offer but whether he still has the pace and commitment, as shown by Lyle at the weekend, it has still to be seen. Hutton is a potential star in the making and reports indicate that he could have gone to Dunfermline so well done to Queen's to have got their man.
Mon the South

palmylad
13-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Hutton & Heffernan have both now signed deals with Queens until January

CptQueens
13-08-2015, 03:14 PM
I was not sure about Heffernan at first but it will be good to get someone with experience coming in to help the younger players and add to what the likes of Dowie, Lyle and Higgins provide in professionalism. Hutton is coming to us at a good age and I think he can add another dimension to our midfield kicking on from his past injury troubles a season or so ago.

I would ideally like us to add another defender to our armoury if we can, however this is another positive move by Queens.

palmy_cammy
13-08-2015, 08:57 PM
What's wrong with the experience Lyle and Russell provide the young strikers?

All this does is knock Pickard and Smith further down the pecking order which is bad in both the short and long term IMO.

arrol1919
14-08-2015, 04:56 AM
A point well made Cammy

CptQueens
14-08-2015, 07:32 AM
I was inferring that he would be adding to what they already provide, I didn't say there was anything wrong with the experience they provide. I was not in favour of Heffernan signing but you have to take the positive's as its not as if I/we have any control over who Fowler wants to add to the club. He has played his football across the UK so would be good for the younger players to get his perspective on things which can surely only be a benefit as well as learning from our current players.

Smith in particular will have a world of advice on hand now and there is no reason why he can't take from that an even displace our exisitng forwards if he develops.