PDA

View Full Version : The Same old

PAULCAFC
12-08-2015, 10:37 PM
As last season, no punch up front, defensive mistakes, brittle midfield all adding up to another long haul with the inevitable loanees arriving! Why when Davis had all summer again!!!!

Timmy58
12-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Funny that. I thought we looked much better tonight. Still some improving to do. But after the 2 early lapses, I thought the defence did ok against a much better side than we played on Saturday. The midfield improved almost beyond recognition from Saturday. Up front we still looked a little off the pace but again, we were up against a much better team and at times we looked the better side.

ChalkDust
13-08-2015, 07:18 AM
Agree after the shakey start we did look better, if we are playing from the back then the play needs to quicker. Still not overawed by LDV playing on the wing though. My man of the match was Bingham looked good while Fox was Brammer esq, Ray and Nugent settled in well but we are screaming for a LB and one that can push up the flanks.

out0lunch
13-08-2015, 08:05 AM
Too slow getting it forward. It's ok playing passing football but it also has to be incisive.
Preston played with a high back line so there was a lot of room behind down the channels but we didn't play that ball. Example was their first goal, King could have played in=t there into space but oh dear it would not have gone to feet so he plays it back to Ray who then plays it back to Garrat and we know the result of that.
Why bring Inman off, when they played him behind the front two he was more in the game.
Sorry but for me Coco flatters to deceive and needs to do more.

number1stuartevans
13-08-2015, 08:32 AM
>:( what game were you lot at? midfield was bloody awful until coco and coops came on and why are they playing u21 games? and why was waters released? hes twice the player king was last night. his goal was the only ball he hit straight. wheres bakes? why is guthrie who the manager has publicly said isnt a lb still playing there? why is turton our best cm imo still playing at rb and baillie, oh sorry forgot we need him for the u21 games. absolute shambles if anyone takes a positive from last night we know haber wins every ball on the back stick. why we dont put that ball in more than twice a season god only knows. and if youre going to play out from the back you need players who can pass forwards. worst midfield ive seen since dennis nelson was playing. dreadfull absolutely dreadfull. play the kids sod these crap signings off.

itwasin
13-08-2015, 08:44 AM
You can not take anything from these Lge Cup games,the next 2 games will determine the season,and how the Team really Performs? but i must agree Crewe appear to be on the same track as last year.Many Scouts last night must have thought where is the Talent! but i guess coming to Crewe is like going to the Pound shop must be a bargain somewhere going cheap,even Glover was there from the Vale looking for another cheap pick up.

crewereality
13-08-2015, 08:59 AM
For me the 433 works in the midfield but up top it's round pegs in square holes. We aren't getting anything out of LDV and Inman playing wide of Haber. The front three looked much sharper when the two young lads came on. Felt sorry for Haber, I question his work ethic but the service to him was shocking. He is a real threat in the air but had nothing to feed on as it all came to his feet. If he's up there then we need to use him properly!

LDV did look happier and more threatening up then when they switched. As for Inman, he's into his third season with us and we still don't know where best to play him!!!

Timmy58
13-08-2015, 09:19 AM
It is ridiculous to say that the next two games will determine the season. If that is the case, the season wouldn't be conducted over the course of 46 games. Negativity helps no one and particularly after two games. Of course you are entitled to say whatever you want, but my guess is that if we had won the first two games we would have heard nothing from you which I find quite sad.

number1stuartevans
13-08-2015, 09:30 AM
i believe in the tooth fairy too ;-)

Ryancrewefan4ever
13-08-2015, 10:06 AM
I also thought the performance showed some good signs. Granted Garratt didn't have a great game but the form he is in it does not matter. Ray and Nugent together do look good, might struggle to fit Davis in. The midfield has potential, Fox is a place we need, someone to do the simple things well and breakdown the pressure. Bingham has come from League 2 and will find it hard playing against Vale and Preston, he is still young and will get better. King again has potential but is not good enough yet. He gives the ball away to much and doesn't pass the ball forward enough. LDV is not a winger, he does not have enough pace, plus atm he is almost a wing back as is Inman, he does have the pace to play outside. Haber will only work if it is in the air.

Here are what I think are the problems. Turton and Guthrie are both good at defending, but they offer nothing up front which LB and RB need to do. Tootle and Leigh would be perfect as they both did that. Because JG and OT don't offer enough

Timmy58
13-08-2015, 02:41 PM
I too thought Inman should have stayed on. For once! He has been woeful since we signed him but he did look a threat last night and I would persevere with him. generally I think the team will improve and I would make no changes for the next match

lukcour
13-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Yes there was a slight improvement. Mainly it was the performance of the 2 fullbacks. They added an attacking element to their game, so the forwards got some support.

For me once again the midfield were woeful. This is now three games on the trot that they have lacked any backbone (Chester, Vale, PNE) They are slow, non-existent in the air, cannot tackle, and lack any passion or steel.

Personally I find it difficult to see how we can win games with these 3 new players. Opponents just walk through them, or brush them aside.

Our management says getting a loan LB is a priority. For me getting at least 2 midfielders is much more of a priority. The old saying "lose the middle of the park, you lose the game" is so true

objective
13-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Thanks Timmy 58 for bringing a bit of balance and common sense to these mainly premature and excessive negative comments.........given a...we have played 2 games...b....the club has a stated goal to create a passing style of football...".c..".and of course the ethos of the club and our consequent lack of competitiveness on player wages....."..I think steve Davis has done a sound job in trying to move the club forward.."...time will tell but I think we will in a couple of months have a team that is worth watching and capable of preserving our precarious league 1 status again.

Timmy58
13-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Thanks. Appreciate you commenting in this way. I recognise we will not be challenging for promotion but see no reason why this year will be like the previous two. And if we are in a relegation battle I would rather it was battled by playing football and we appear to have the players to do that this season. Cheers

crewereality
13-08-2015, 09:22 PM
I think the midfield three have real promise and it's nice to see us trying to play proper passing football again.

Fox really reminds me of Brammer, his scuttling movement and use of the ball in particular.

However, an occasional direct ball from back to front would be good, we seemed obsessed with playing to feet at times!!

bigroof
14-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Like others, I saw a lot of positives. Each of the midfielders wants the ball; Jones would obviously challenge King for his place, but there looks to be improvement in him. Inman was working hard at getting in the game, coming inside and linking, and was unfortunate to be replaced on this occasion. Colclough did a couple of good things; he needs the game-time; he was 'gone' after just 70 minutes in the under 21 match on Monday. Ray and Nugent again looked a good pairing; it'll be interesting to see how Steve Davis resolves things once Harry is fit; hope he doesn't go for the back three, when all the talk has been about practising 4-3-3. I'm a great fan of Baillie's, but his confidence has taken a dip on under21 evidence; not his fault, but Turton is filling that position well; aside from his mis-control over on the opposite touchline near the end, I though he was immaculate, both at defending and offering himself in attack; he keeps possession well. Guthrie's excellent at picking a pas

bigroof
14-08-2015, 12:05 PM
.....and they did manage to fashion a chance at the far post for Haber; goalie made a good save. Dalla Valle is obviously not a winger in the classic mould, but his job is to link when out wide, surely, which he does well, with a good first touch; when played centrally, he runs into the spaces well, but hasn't really had a chance on goal yet. The problem with working off Haber in the build-up might be his lack of a little 'half-turn'; he can control with back to the goal, but there are no subtleties to his game in that role. There are lots of little 'works in progress' across the whole team, and it's possible to see these without any kinds of spectacles on. Of course it doesn't mean everything will work out fine; we know that, from past experience, but it's possible to see what they're working on up at the 'Heath.