PDA

View Full Version : The Clock is ticking Mr B

jandm
17-08-2015, 09:00 AM
With the backing of Mr Les H you have got rid of the "dross" who impersonated as footballers, you have reorganised your backroom staff, and now have signed the players you feel will take us forward.
To date your moment as a manager came when we defeated (twice) a lack lustre team from Govan, other than that, NOTHING !
Our next six matches are against opposition who at this time are surrounding us in the league and with 18 points at stake I feel that we must emerge with at least 12 to keep alive any hope of staying up.
I posted last season that I would give you time to sort things out but I now feel that time will expire on 3rd October after our sixth game.

wellowell
17-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Agree that we now need to gather points but I'm sure if we don't he will get longer but imo if we are near bottom come xmas then that will be different

dazlhigh
17-08-2015, 12:02 PM
We probably are worth a couple of points more than we've got, but we didn't get them, and we need something soon. The history of Scottish football is littered with teams which 'competed', 'got the ball down and played neat football', 'kept their shape' and so on; they just didn't get enough points. We could do with some more points ASAP. In among all the concern, though, the fact is that we're only a point off the top six!
As for IB, again, I think we've only lost at home, competitively, to Celtic, Aberdeen (twice) and United since the Accies embarrassment at the New Year . Our downfall was, I think, draws, not defeats. I can't make up my mind about IB; I'll have clearer picture by Christmas. In the meantime, I see no benefit in changing the manager. We've got the personnel we've got, and we might as well get behind them.
See yiz in Perth.

WoodyG
17-08-2015, 01:19 PM
I too can't see any benefit in panicing and changing the manager at this point.

By Xmas IB will have had almost a year to shape and put his own team out. At the moment by playing two wide men and McDonald in the middle we are too fragile in midfield. I dont like this shape because it isn't working for us. We need more personnel and added bite in midfield to start to control games more and take points.

texaco cup
17-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Would also like to see a bit more imagination in our corners,free kicks and throw ins as at present it looks like we just hit and hope.Surely these things are talked about and practised at training if not then I'm more than willing to lend a hand in sorting it out :D :D

Northchannel
17-08-2015, 10:24 PM
yes the clock is always ticking, whether we finish 2nd top or 2nd bottom always unhappy punters. 'must take 12 from next 18pts to have any hope of staying up'...ehhhh, that will probably have us in a euro spot LOL, Compared to many past seasons I dont see too many alarmbells as yet!..remember all the folk who said we were as good as down before the playoffs! aye right 6-1