PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Ward

tricky1972
20-08-2015, 06:22 AM
Rather predictably, I'm reading reading comments, from journos, that Jamie Ward has done his hammie and will be out for 6 weeks.

Which I think someone mentioned was possibly the case, on another thread yesterday morning!

Polish_ForestMad
20-08-2015, 06:34 AM
As soon as he kicked the ball we all knew he's done his hammie.and listening to the sheep it's normally about 4-6 weeks which brings up the question why the f did dougie sign him when everyone knew about his tissue hamstrings?we need fit players not ones that play 2 weeks out for 4-6

AngryRam
20-08-2015, 07:06 AM
Probably the most unsurprising piece of news this year..
How long is his contract?
Panic buy?
>:(

Trickytreesreds
20-08-2015, 07:28 AM
If he's done his hammie, how come he walked off the pitch no problems?

Polish_ForestMad
20-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Walked off the pitch with no problems?a player who has had as many injuries as him knows when his game is up.he was right in front of me and a player who bangs the ground with his fist tells me it's his hammie knowing he has problems,he was also limping as he walked off

Fletch_11
20-08-2015, 10:30 AM
As everyone is no doubt aware Jamie Ward will suffer with his hamstrings and it is something that has blighted his career - 137 games in 5 years at Derby suggest this.
The problem is that he plays well with an intensity that can lift the team, he is an abrasive character in the pitch who can wind up opposition (as you well know from the 10 men victory amongst others).
The problem is part of his game is his explosive pace, an asset but also a weakness where his hamstrings are concerned.
If he plays 100 games for you in 4 years you can consider yourselves very lucky but look forward to his 3/4 game cameos, you will remember why you signed him when you see him play again. ;D

munichmemories
20-08-2015, 05:54 PM
We signed him to keep Reidy company in the treatment room.

Manofpride
26-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Reidy and Ward together when fit will be a handful for most clubs. Keeping them injury free is the hard part! Hope they are both fit after we play you!