PDA

View Full Version : Past QPR Games!

Rileyev2
21-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Anyone remember the game at Millmoor in 82?

Ronnie got sent off for kicking their goalie in the mush.

It didn't help when the ref came to talk to the King and he said...

Tbf ref that's the only thing he's caught all game..

Time for a bath Ronnie...

CAMiller
21-08-2015, 10:53 PM
I wasn't at the game but I seem to remember it finished really late so didn't even make the videprinter or Final Score. I think Larry Grayson gave out the result during the Generation Game XD

mikemiller
22-08-2015, 06:47 AM
Yes, i remember that one...and a more recent match at Loftus Road, when a rare goal from Paul Shaw put the Millers ahead, only for QPR to equalise later (through Furlong?) It was about the same time of year as today's game and vey hot. The Millers played quite well, though QPR missed a load of chances - I was sitting right behind the goal and was amazed by the way that QPR kept missing the target. Little did I know then, that we were starting out on a dreadful relegation season.

loyalmiller
22-08-2015, 07:00 AM
I remember opening day about 10 years ago. 1-1 midway through the 2nd half and we fetch our star signing on Paulo Vernazza with a huge gasp of expectation from the travelling faithful.

And what a let down he was not only in that game but all his Millers career. I was so disappointed!

millavanilla
22-08-2015, 07:06 AM
Think it was around 68 when they came storming through the leagues to the now premier league...rodney marsh..and the two morgan brothers on either wing..im sure we lost at home 3-1 and 6-0 away..i remember them giving us a right tanning..wrinkly will remember im sure..

mikemiller
22-08-2015, 07:16 AM
I think the 6-0 defeat was Big Dave Watson's debut! Little did we know then...

leedsmiller
22-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Yes, sad to report I was at that game but QPR did have a brilliant team at the time. I think Watson played left wing!

Could see a repeat scoreline today (O, ye of little faith!).

mikemiller
22-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Playing players out of position must have been a Millers problem even back then... thanks Doc. Setting off for today's match fairly soon, and hoping that nobody is being played out of position - otherwise we're burgered!