PDA

View Full Version : evans and the money debate

Derbymiller
24-08-2015, 07:59 PM
I know in the Joey Barton thread we have got onto money but I think it deserves its own thread.

Have you noticed how in a lot of interviews evans keeps bringing it up, talking about wages, budgets etc, I wonder if a little bit of that is not a dig at the board as well as getting his excuses in for if we go down or he is sacked later in the season. He has always said the chairman backs him but I get a sense in the interviews there is something written between the lines. What do you lot think?

gramiller1959
24-08-2015, 08:17 PM
i thought his comment today "we only have a squad of 20" was a dig at somebody :/

Casper64Frank
24-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Not sure whether the link works.

Derby , business does not work as easy as you suggest, *EDIT: You know that for a fact.
Other factors to consider not just players wages.
As long as the books are balanced at the end of the year that`s ok with me.

Would rather be in the situation we are in now rather than 1989, 2005, 2008.

Tony Stewart is an ambitious man, he will be demanding success not asking for it.

*EDIT: 89 /05 /08 is not a dig at who owned the club in those years. - view external link (http://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2015/04/news-4151-impressive-results-for.html)

leedsmiller
24-08-2015, 08:22 PM
I would imagine he's suffering an overdose of frustration. As I said earlier it does seem the finance policy is being applied rigidly and inflexibly no matter what the circumstances. Our current position might accelerate a rethink and a loosening of the purse strings that takes into account the benefits and rewards of investing wisely as well as the financial repercussions of a return to League One. That said I do think Evans is overplaying his hand. He's now wheeling out the same sob story at every opportunity both before and after every game. Everybody is fully aware of our situation and the difficulty of the task, there's nothing to be gained by constant repetition - unless he wants to make the point his hands are tied too tightly.

Brin
24-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Anyone think he's making a big enough noise to start a divide between him and TS? Surely not!

All this he treats me like a son is mushy and ok for the press but constant repetitive moaning like someone has already said is wearing too thin….if he shut up and got on with it he'd get more recognition if he did produce miracles and kept us up….

Casper64Frank
24-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Agree Brin,

sometimes it`s best to keep quiet, this is one of them.

mikemiller
24-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Actually, at the moment,we've got a squad of 23 (source - RUFC players listed in QPR programme)...plus Warren and Yates...giving a total of 25! Maybe he has forgotten a few (Explains why Wood never plays?)

Casper64Frank
24-08-2015, 08:51 PM
If you deduct the injured and unavailable players we have a squad of 20.

Don`t actually think SE was having a dig at anyone.

Derbymiller
24-08-2015, 08:52 PM
casper I know how business works I have a masters degree in it and have been an executive in a billion dollar business for over 10 years

Casper64Frank
24-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Derby, no offence but I put the link up because you asked about the accounts on another thread.

I don`t have a masters degree, I rely on a good accountant and so does RUFC.
The FFP rules are a farce .

Derbymiller
24-08-2015, 09:27 PM
not offended mate just letting you know i understand business principals :o)

pip_y
24-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Even if the FFP rules are a force, I for one don't want a transfer embargo. Blackburn sell Gestede and possibly Rhodes on the way out. OK they pinch Lawrence on a loan but they have always been a 'top half championship club or even premier club yet they are currently in the bottom 3. Let's keep within our means and although we have been used to winning/drawing more than we lose we should still remain loyal to the club and continue to support whilst the new players bed in.

walter10
25-08-2015, 04:22 PM
If he keeps us up he is making sure everyone knows what an outstanding managerial achievement it is (and was last season).

kentmillerman
25-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Have to say walter, Canny post. :star: