PDA

View Full Version : Robinson signs

dosser1
28-08-2015, 05:36 PM
So we have signed another striker will it be IB last signing ? I doubt it for if the board is letting him bring in another player then I don't see him being sacked anytime soon .Robinson is another player with a chequered career at different clubs if he shows is Derby form at Fir Park then we are on to winner but I won't hold my breathe As I said in another post it's the midfield we must look at but maybe Les will let him sign another player hope so .

Wellup4it
28-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Quite, I'm a bit puzzled by this signing unless I'm missing something obvious. We now have 5 strikers on our books but have a dearth of central midfielders. Hopefully we'll bring in another one before next week's deadline. If not Ian Baraclough's assessment of our weaknesses is markedly different from of that of the fans'.

Handsome_Devil
28-08-2015, 06:42 PM
He certainly has a patchy record but he's been patchy at a higher level than our other signings have been doing well at - on the face of it, I've nothing against him signing.

What seems bizarre is to add another striker though...that's now four (if you count Clarkson) signed this summer, plus McDonald can play there as well. And quite frankly, unless the guy has a Messi like talent for scoring goals on his own, we're still going to struggle with him in the team since the ability of our strikers hasn't even featured in our top three problems this season.

texaco cup
28-08-2015, 06:56 PM
According to a source Les Hutchison has told IB to go and sign what players he can get before Tuesday also Fletcher's injury thought to be worse than first thought so might explain why new forward has been signed

WoodyG
28-08-2015, 08:33 PM
This is all to *********.

We have no forwards of any note and then we sign a guy who has no proven record whatsoever.

Meanwhile our defence is a shambles and the midfield posted missing for large parts of the game.

What the ********* is going on here?

well_doon_sooth
29-08-2015, 06:24 AM
Unless Fletchers injury is considerably worse than stated previously, this signing is a real head scratcher!!!

This is a guy who during the past month has had failed trials at Stevenage Borough and hibs.

Unless there is a minor flurry of midfielder signings or perhaps even a couple of full backs in the coming days, then I have to agree with much of the concern raised.

At this moment in time, other than strikers (and given robinsons stats, that is a title that applies loosely to him) there's insufficient depth of squad or competition for places. Even the best fitness guru, and apparently we have one of them, won't be able to turn back the clock for mssrs Hammel, McManus, Lasley, Pearson and possibly even McDonald. To not have sufficient cover to mitigate these natural shortcomings would at best be optimistic in the abilities of the 'senior pro's' and most likely downright negligent.

These next few days are pivotal in Ian Baracloughs career......I hope to god for the sake of

wellowell
29-08-2015, 07:32 AM
I don't get it either but I'm positive another midfielder will come in before window closes I'm not 2 bothered about right back as we have kennedy and watt who can play there he just needs to start playing them

firparkloony
29-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Who are you directing this to? All *********, are these people expected to know who they are. I think you need to be a tad more specific if you are looking for a credible answer.

wellin
29-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Don't know anything about Robinson and good luck to him, I hope he does the business for us. But as said in previous posts, why a striker? We are crying out for decent midfielders and Baraclough goes out and gets another striker. Even if Fletcher's injury is worse than expected we have cover in the forward area as he only plays with one striker anyway. Doesn't look good on the other forwards he's signed if he has to bring another in because one got injured. This season looks like going from bad to worse.