PDA

View Full Version : Oh there'll be no Tartan Army in Paree

LawSteelman
04-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Its nights like this I wish I was a gambling man, think of the wads of cash you could make on the Scotland national side bottling it even when the odds are in their favour if you were to stick a bet on it. :)

I wonder how long before the national media driven witchunt against Strachan commences...

texaco cup
04-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Will we as Scots never learn,and do our talking on the football pitch instead of the newspapers and TV channels.We as a nation never learn wether it's club football or international we talk ourselves up so much and then fall flat on our backsides. For once can we do our talking to the press/media after a match as the old saying goes actions speak louder than words!

markymfc
04-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Not surprised in the slightest. The media gushing about Stachan all campaign when in reality we have been very lucky to get the points we have. Not to register a shot against a team who have won 3 games in 8 years says it all. Fletcher must pinch himself every day as he is a very rich young man despite the fact he is utter s#ite. James Forrest coming on ?????? Well done Gordon youve got this squad flying. PI$h.

WoodyG
04-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Fletcher isn't playing first team football and to my mind he should not have started. Griffiths is playing and scoring.

wellowell
04-09-2015, 10:11 PM
A lot not playing this season not just Fletcher also Anya,Naismith,Hutton and it showed as all were well off the pace

wellin
05-09-2015, 08:51 AM
They were dire last night. In all honesty you could see something like that coming, they didn't play well over in Ireland and got lucky with a deflected strike. With Germany and Poland the next two games you can't really see them getting anything from those games. Ireland could well pip them for the play off spot as well.

LawSteelman
05-09-2015, 11:59 AM
The hype over the supposed improvement in the national team since Strachan took over has been baffling at times, especially so during the Euro 2016 qualifiers. All that has really changed is that they are a bit more organised as a team but there is still no real quality there, just a group of SPFL and English lower league players and when you mix that in with the age old Scottish trait of abject failure at all levels in both sport and society then it's only ever going to end in tears. It of course doesn't help the national team that the written press constantly try to seek out positives from nothing then turn the manager, whoever that may be, into a national figure of ridicule when it inevitably ends in tears, whilst ignoring the fact that Scotland just are not good enough to qualify for any major tournament as they have neither the ability nor the mentality.

Still, at least we'll be spared from the national embarrassment that is the tartan army disgracing the country in France next

steviex
05-09-2015, 05:33 PM
Scotland are pish ...they are boring and mundane at best. Hutton must wake and pinch himself every day if his life. I swear Ive never seen him be anything other than sh1te. He can't tackle , he cant get past his man , his passing is awful and he gets caught out of position as a matter of course. A truly awful player.

wellowell
06-09-2015, 04:46 PM
It's not over yet but if we lose tom night and roi beat Georgia then very unlikely we will even get 3rd and have u ever been abroad with tartan army lawman as I have been on many occasions and Paris twice World Cup and faddy wonder night and certainly not embarrassed

LawSteelman
07-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Well each to their own but personally any encounter I've ever had with the Tartan Army, either in Glasgow on matchdays or some of their 'members' I've had the misfortune of speaking to over the years then I can't see them as anything other than embarrassment. Basically a bunch of anti-English xenophobic eejits stoating about drunk, flashing their bare @rses at locals and singing 'do-a-deer'. The worst part of it all is that half of them give the impression that they wouldn't know a football if it jumped out their bottle of buckfast and hit them in the face.

Fortunately I've never been abroad with them as I'm not a supporter of the national team.

well_doon_sooth
08-09-2015, 09:50 AM
For me, Scotland's fate was heavily dented way back on the 14th of October last year when Ireland got the late goal against Germany, and we failed to curb Polands terrific start by not securing the three points.

Georgia were always going to change manager and were always going to improve.

Credit to strachan, he managed to get the team playing with a bit more guile than previously and raised some momentum for the start of this campaign.

That momentum has all but gone and they've been poor since the Northern Ireland friendly. The score line against Gibraltar was a smoke screen. Add to that, strachans managerial inflexibility when some of his chosen 'key players' are on an abject run of form and hey presto, Scotland manage to once again have something to write lamentable songs about.

Last night was the typical hustle and bustle expected from a Scottish national team who's already shot itself in the foot through complacency, and stereotypically vying for a 'historical' victory

wellowell
08-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Was at game last night and how we managed to escape a 3 2 only was unbelievable it really was men against boys but our probable failure to at heady get a play off spot was lost on Friday not last night and I agree they players should be ashamed by their attitude and effort on Friday as was non existent but we can go down as the only home nation not to qualify so as all their team mates head to France they will be sitting at home maybe just maybe they will reect on how pants they were on Friday

wellowell
08-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Sorry about the English fingers 2 big for for phone need to start previewing my posts lol

BC_Canada
08-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Must admit as an es-pat getting tired of the excuses "we gave it the good old college try" from Scotland managers/assistants etc. From the other side of the ocean it appears to me we are just not good enough. Only saving grace is here the Toronto Blue Jays are in top form and nobody paying attention to Euro qualifying so something other than the 'valient vanquished' headlines of yet another Scotland dismal attempt at qualifying on the World/Euro stage to read about. :(

JOHHNYG
10-09-2015, 02:45 AM
If you are not a supporter of the national team, surely it would have been better to keep your embarrassing secret to yourself instead of raising a topic enthusing about their failure.
Happily, despite the team's continued mediocrity, I think you will find that most football minded STEELMEN do support the national team which if they are Scottish It's the natural thing to do because it's in their blood.

firparkloony
10-09-2015, 07:22 AM
Well said Johnny G, I've always thought the guy wasn't even a WELL fan, he is always predicting that we will lose, never offers anything positive, I believe he must have been absolutely gutted when we beat his beloved "sevco" in the play offs.Now, just because the WELL are having a break due to the international games, he seems to have swithed his ideology to the national team.

LawSteelman
10-09-2015, 07:40 AM
It's no secret of mine that I don't support Scotland. I don't and never have because I have no interest in international football, it's that simple. I appreciate that I'm probably in the minority of Motherwell fans in that respect, but there it is and I make no apology for it. I take an interest in their matches from time to time and would like to see them reach a major tournament but I won't lose any sleep if they don't.

LawSteelman
10-09-2015, 07:43 AM
"Well said Johnny G, I've always thought the guy wasn't even a WELL fan, he is always predicting that we will lose, never offers anything positive, I believe he must have been absolutely gutted when we beat his beloved "sevco" in the play offs.Now, just because the WELL are having a break due to the international games, he seems to have swithed his ideology to the national team."

FPL, this is generally what I see whenever I read your contributions.........Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmpppppphhhh hhh,,,bbwwwwwaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa, proper WELL fan brrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuummmmmmffffffffffuuuuummmmmmaa aaaaaaaa, drrrrroooooaaaaaannnnnnnn.

That's right, a whole load of f&cking b@llocks.

wellowell
10-09-2015, 10:47 AM
If you have no interest in the national team thats fine by me but if thats the case say nothing instead of coming on here and slagging them off some of us like myself go to games on a regular basis and going to Faro next month for what could be a dead game due to our failure in Georgia so the last thing i need after such disappointment is to come on to my teams site to see somebody rubbing it in when they dont give a toss in the 1st place

LawSteelman
10-09-2015, 03:04 PM
It's a public messageboard, I can say what I like and no one is forcing you to read it if it upsets you so much.

The point in my original post has actually been somewhat missed, that being that the sheer predictability of Scotland blowing it even when the odds are in their favour could make a betting man a lot of money betting against them when they are supposed to win a so called easy match or qualify for a major tournament when so much more is stacked in their favour, ie. significantly more qualifying places available, a rank rotten Ireland side, a none to convincing Poland side...yet they still fail, which is the only thing Scotland seem to be good at, at all levels of sport.

wellowell
11-09-2015, 07:08 AM
A public message board I thought it was a motherwell message board not a board to mock the national team bit he ho whatever rocks ur boat

firparkloony
11-09-2015, 12:57 PM
An absolutely spiffing reply, I suppose if you keep up this high standard of repartee the teacher will allow you crayons next, remember to try and keep within the lines! There's a good boy. This is aimed at the guy who claims to be a 'WELL fan and goes under the of Lawsteelman.