PDA

View Full Version : Parks on Locke's Signing Policy

LondonKillieIII
07-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Gordon Park's Article re Lockes Signings

Scathing or what.

Gordon Parks: Kilmarnock resembles a refuge for players in need of a kickstart in their career

06:00, 6 September 2015
Opinion
by GordonParks

GORDON has been left shocked at some of the Ayrshire side's summer signings.
Gary Locke's side has struggled so far this season

THE breaking news of Kevin McHattie beating the transfer deadline to sign for Kilmarnock only brought shock.

I half expected the deal to collapse due to it failing to get past the first defender.

But the former Hearts kid eventually managed to cross his t’s and sign for a club that was once Scottish football’s elephant’s graveyard.

Ian Durrant, Ally McCoist, Tommy Burns, Billy Stark and George McCluskey ... where the playing careers of the once-great go to die.

These days Kilmarnock resembles a refuge for those in need of a kickstart.

Professional criticism usually comes with a caveat. In Gary Locke’s case it’s the u

LondonKillieIII
11-09-2015, 12:49 PM
We're a laughing stock.. Gary Locke has to go NOW before it's too late
12:34, 10 SEPTEMBER 2015
OPINION BY RUSSELLABERCROMBIE
BLOGGER Russell Abercrombie is convinced Killie have a better squad this season and reckons poor coaching has to be the answer to their dismal form.
SCOTTISH football is funny old thing.

Fervent observers of the game, whether through ignorance or space constraints, portray a distinct lack of knowledge when it comes to any team outwith the traditional big sides. As a result, ‘filler’ articles are produced which do little or nothing to enlighten the reader on the real story behind the headlines.

Thankfully for me, I’m not a card carrying member of the media (yet) and so can look at Kilmarnock’s start to the season in a little bit more depth than the Daily Record’s cramped sports pages would traditionally allow.

Unfortunately for Killie’s season, and Gary Locke’s managerial future, there is far more wrong at Rugby Park than just a poor signing policy.

KillieKingdom
18-09-2015, 07:57 PM
[color=blue]Hand on heart mate, we have been utter gash so far. :blue: