PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Preston and prediction time

CalverleyBoy
13-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Gards, I notice Garner continues his campaign to get banned for a couple of matches - I suspect it will come against Bristol, prediction 4 yellows for your mob. Oh and maybe a surprise win if you get a bit of luck but more likely a draw at one apiece.

Alf, good win as predicted - I think MK will come looking for something so I'll go for a draw for you mob as well.

Leeds, little bt more difficult it is due to poor down on Tuesday and I don't think some of our boys like it - I hope I am wrong but Ipswich to steal it. (Can't believe I said that on Sutty's place.

gardsPNE
13-09-2015, 07:08 PM
CB I am utterly shocked at your predictions particularly the Dirty Leeds prediction.

Well here goes as follows :-
Dingles 2-0 MK Dons
PNE 3-2 Brizzles
Leeds 1-1 Tractor Boys

alfinyalcabo
13-09-2015, 08:41 PM
Famous Clarets 1 Franchise 1

Nobbers 2 Brizzle city 1

Dirty Yawkshire BAstids 2 Dipswich 1

CalverleyBoy
14-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Nice t get a get response from you two - Alf being a little guarded with his prediction for Burnley I thought you would be more optimistic -

alfinyalcabo
14-09-2015, 09:46 PM
To be fair CB We haven't played well all season so far,the franchise are quite a good team and will be hard to beat. I'm always the pessimist when it comes to predicting Burnleys scores. Lol

CalverleyBoy
15-09-2015, 08:49 PM
So apart from the yellow cards I was spot on with PNE - slightly off the mark with Alf's mob and sadly right with Leeds (although it sounded like we were duped out of a penalty).

Acido
15-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Leeds duped out of a penalty, come on how could you suggest such a thing Calvo ? :D
(one thing I will say though is if the great Allan Clarke was taking such a penalty, he would have scored no problem. I wont hear a single bad word against Clarkie :))

Anyway back on topic... it sounds like Brizzle Titty deserved their point tonight at Preston. Is that right Gards ?

alfinyalcabo
15-09-2015, 09:51 PM
I don't have a problem with getting all three predictions wrong.

CalverleyBoy
17-09-2015, 08:32 PM
So we are all on the road this week - Gards mob off dawn saff to the smoke for another 'pas de points'
Alf your lot go to the potteries on Monday? for a thrashing - time Derby came good at home
Leeds off to MK (nice stadium - plenty of parking, bars and its biggest asset seating that is actually comfortable and roomy enough for a large ass like mine. Not convinced we will win but a score draw.

Acido
17-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Wow wait a minute Calvo, arent we forgetting somebody here ?
We are also away this weekend at the donkey whacking lashers Blackpool. You remember, the team who you stole Larry Grayson from :P

alfinyalcabo
18-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Nobbers to lose
Dirty Leeds to lose
Superior clarets to lose

A ********* weekend all round..

CalverleyBoy
18-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Poor old Blackpool - I was in the company of a guy who has been attending games since the 40's and is devastated at the current state of affairs - they must be due a win and tomorrow it is Acido - One nil the Pool.

Acido
18-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Ohh yes lets all predict a rare win for the Lashers eh Calvo, you cheeky git XD

We do have a good record against them so I will go for a draw at least, for us Tykes. And bear in mind my predictions are usually garbage anyway, so dont listen to a word I say!!

gardsPNE
19-09-2015, 09:15 AM
You Tykes Acido to do the Lashers
Shock result as Lilywhites do the Bees
DirtyLeeds to draw at the Plastics
Dingles to draw at the Rams

CalverleyBoy
19-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Garner lives up t0 expectations - five yellows now - Dirty Preston

CalverleyBoy
19-09-2015, 04:03 PM
I need to start putting money on my PNE predictions - they had me worried for a minute with the early goal but true to form in the end-

Blackpool well I suppose a point was about right. The big turn up we won but only just MK put up a fight even with 10 men at the end.

CalverleyBoy
19-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Oh - almost forgot - the other part of my prediction has come a little bit earlier than expected - drop zone time

Acido
19-09-2015, 08:42 PM
How do you lot look at Milton Keynes, do all fans still think they are a plastic wannabe and dont deserve their current position etc ?

Anyway we had a game of two halves at Blacky and should have put them away in the first half, but ended up hanging on for a 1-1.

And I did predict Preston would lose 2-1 today, I should have put a tanner on it :D

CalverleyBoy
19-09-2015, 09:51 PM
MK sounded like three points gained - even at two up against ten men we made hard work of it. I do think we have the makings of a side that can do something this year they just need to knit together a little bit more and hopefully no one gets greedy and starts selling players when the market opens next.

alfinyalcabo
22-09-2015, 11:27 AM
We scraped a good point at Derby when we should have been beaten,we were rubbish..

gardsPNE
22-09-2015, 08:52 PM
What I did notice when Derby played us Alfi is their midfield works damned hard and they close you down pretty quickly and with their new signings it's give them that extra bit of Upmh.

Acido you let the Lashers take a point off ya. ;D

Heart ruling my head, I should have known we never do well at Griffin Park.

CalverleyBoy
22-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Gards - a bit unlucky tonight, always hurts to go out on penalties after fighting back. The damage though is two hours plus of mid week footy will leave your mob vulnerable for the weekend when the Wolves come a hunting and they will pick you off - more misery I am afraid 2 nil loss. Burnley, had a rethink on this one and have it as a score draw. Barnsley, just in case someone tunes in - same again 1 each. Leeds have the hardest trip/job I would settle for a draw but feel we will make a real mess of it 2 nil loss.

Acido
23-09-2015, 10:08 PM
" Acido you let the Lashers take a point off ya. ;D
Heart ruling my head, I should have known we never do well at Griffin Park. "

I never knew about your bad record there Gards, but as it turned out my 2-1 home prediction was right after all!!
And as for us throwing it away at the Lashers, yes we should have seen them off in the first half but I think they will do enough and be ok this season. As for the Oyston thing, goodness knows when that will end.

alfinyalcabo
24-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Preston to beat Wolves
Burnley to beat Reading
Leeds to beat Middlesboro

gardsPNE
24-09-2015, 08:06 PM
PNE to beat Wolves
Dingles draw with Reading
Boro to beat Leeds
Tykes to beat Gillingham

alfinyalcabo
24-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Burnsley to beat the gills

CalverleyBoy
25-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Alf I like your all round optomism

Acido
25-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Nobbers to get Dingled, Dingles to get Lashed, & Lashers to get Nobbed.
I think Ive covered everything there!!! (tahh Alf for thinking we will beat the Gills).

Ohh soz I forgot about Leeds XD

gardsPNE
26-09-2015, 08:37 AM
Alf I like your all round optomism

Yep CB I am riding this Alfi optimism train - up the Lilywhites and lets bag 3 points today :D

alfinyalcabo
27-09-2015, 06:12 PM
I think i will stick to being pessimistic in the future. :( ..... Starting to think CB is right about "Dirty Preston".. Especially Garner.. :)

gardsPNE
27-09-2015, 07:27 PM
[quote="alfinyalcabo".. Especially Garner.. :) [/quote]

I think we all know that Garners attempt at the ball was an honest one but obviously not disagreeing with the sending off as it was dangerous play but it wasn't dirty. The Ref seemed to take great pleasure in booking and sending off our players while ignoring McDonald who throw the ball away without any action in the first half and then him getting booked 2nd half meant he should have been sent off way before his goal. Gutted as I think we deserved the 3 points purely on effort and not some inadequate ref who decided to pick and choose who he should or should not send off.

CalverleyBoy
27-09-2015, 09:11 PM
PNE did well to hang on with nine men so credit there - as for Garner someone has to say it 'he is letting the side down' off load him - he was ok in league one but clearly can not cut it in the Championship, Bradford will take him on they need help. As for Leeds it was never going to be a good day but it's a game that we needed out of the way. A couple of wins coming up and the feel good factor will kick in.

Acido
29-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Who would have thought Gards, that all 3 promoted teams would be in or near the bottom 3 at this stage ?

CalverleyBoy
30-09-2015, 09:57 PM
This weekend - Leeds to win - score draws for the rest of you -

alfinyalcabo
01-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Dirty leeds to draw

Famous Clarets to draw

Dirty Preston to draw

Burnsley to win..

Acido
02-10-2015, 08:32 PM
" Dirty leeds to draw, Famous Clarets to draw, Dirty Preston to draw, Burnsley to win.. "

Tahh Alf, I noticed you didnt call us dirty Burnsley :D

And it looks like your famous Burnsley clarets are up to third now after winning at the Millers tonight.

alfinyalcabo
03-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Well , i somtimes love getting all my predictions wrong.. :D :D

Fact 1 .. Dirty Leeds havent won at home since 4th March..another relegation fight on the cards for them .lol

Fact 2 .. That ex claret Chaplow scored an injury time winner for Donny against Burnsley

Fact 3 .. Preston are going straight back down..

Fact 4 .. Joey Barton is going to be a great signing for the clarets

Fact 5 .. You all think im a cont sometimes. >:)

CalverleyBoy
03-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Fact 1 - partially true we'll be OK as we have Preston, Bristol and a couple of other teams to keep us out of trouble
2 and 3 true
4 - plenty of time for the him to let you down big time
5 - totally untrue - all of the time :-)

Acido
04-10-2015, 12:07 AM
Well , i somtimes love getting all my predictions wrong.. :D :D

Fact 2 .. That ex claret Chaplow scored an injury time winner for Donny against Burnsley
Fact 4 .. Joey Barton is going to be a great signing for the clarets
Fact 5 .. You all think im a cont sometimes. >:)

So Charlie Chaplow is an ex Burnsley-ite is he ?

Joey Barton is a plonk of the highest order and he will lose his Lancy accent and leave the club sooner rather than later.

And I think we can all out-cont each other on here sometimes XD

gardsPNE
04-10-2015, 11:44 AM
Fact 1 - Leeds maybe visiting League 1 again soon ;D

Fact 2 - ex PNE as well :D

Fact 3 - we are just finding our feet before playing our local Derbies and Soft centred Leeds were we will start a cracking run of wins.

Fact 4 - Joey Barton should not be playing football FACT, low life fecker.

Fact 5 - never :D ;D

CalverleyBoy
29-02-2016, 06:22 PM
I thought should re use this old thread, being a Yorkshire man why would I start a new one :-)

So dirty Preston strike again, I thought you were over it but giving away two penalties shows the standard is still the same.

Pity the Blackpool site is as good as closed otherwise I would be on there commenting on their low life backroom team who thought it fun to play totally inappropriate song when Bradford came. They deserve to be demoted again.

Acido
01-03-2016, 01:11 AM
Yep Blacky mad looks like its going down the pan, and thats a shame actually.

gardsPNE
02-03-2016, 01:33 PM
I thought should re use this old thread, being a Yorkshire man why would I start a new one :-)

So dirty Preston strike again, I thought you were over it but giving away two penalties shows the standard is still the same.

Pity the Blackpool site is as good as closed otherwise I would be on there commenting on their low life backroom team who thought it fun to play totally inappropriate song when Bradford came. They deserve to be demoted again.

we cant help it CB if the Taffs fall over their ****s far easier :)

gardsPNE
02-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Yep Blacky mad looks like its going down the pan, and thats a shame actually.

For lashers there were a couple of half decent posters on their.

Acido
02-03-2016, 09:10 PM
I always thought Fylde was a decent fan on there, for a Lasher :D

gardsPNE
03-03-2016, 05:50 PM
I always thought Fylde was a decent fan on there, for a Lasher :D

Yep Acido FF wasn't a bad un as you say "for a lasher" :)

CalverleyBoy
03-03-2016, 09:20 PM
There's plenty of good stuff coming out of Blackpool - M55 and A583 are two things :-)

On a current point, Alf will have a stiffy on at the moment as Dull are 1 - 0 down to Brum with ten minutes left keeping Burnley top - hard to believe I know.

gardsPNE
03-03-2016, 09:49 PM
There's plenty of good stuff coming out of Blackpool - M55 and A583 are two things :-)

On a current point, Alf will have a stiffy on at the moment as Dull are 1 - 0 down to Brum with ten minutes left keeping Burnley top - hard to believe I know.

His stiffy just got rock hard CB - Dingles top of the league still

Acido
03-03-2016, 10:56 PM

If Alfy has got a stiffy I bet it took him 2 years to get it XD

Yo Calvo, pop over to Swindon mad and say hello to us all on there, you might like it :P

alfinyalcabo
04-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Yes CB you wouldn't know that feeling of being top of the league. Would you? Lol

Back to second until tomorrow afternoon .. Unless the Bastids go and beat us .. ..oo er I hope not

alfinyalcabo
05-03-2016, 07:02 PM
WDWWWDWDWWW & W!

Never in doubt .lol

CalverleyBoy
05-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Still plenty of time to make a mess of it - well done PNE (yes it hurts to say it) I thought Brighton would have put a few past you today, what did you play 1 9 1

gardsPNE
10-03-2016, 09:02 AM
Still plenty of time to make a mess of it - well done PNE (yes it hurts to say it) I thought Brighton would have put a few past you today, what did you play 1 9 1

gosh CB there is almost a compliment in there but normal service resumed and I wouldnt have it any other way :)

You Dingles Alfi are looking very good at the moment and playing some solid football and not looking like your going to lose.

alfinyalcabo
10-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Schite against Rovers and not much better against Fulham Gards,but somehow we keep churning out the results..

# InDychewetrust

Preston were a bit unlucky to lose the other day.. Leeds hitting some form at the same time as the Bastids as well ..

Acido
10-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Is there such a thing as peaking too early ? Ive seen teams in good form at this time blow it in the last 10 games (like we did last season :()

alfinyalcabo
10-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Is there such a thing as peaking too early ? Ive seen teams in good form at this time blow it in the last 10 games (like we did last season :()

You can make the playoffs Acido.. So can the Clarets

CalverleyBoy
10-03-2016, 10:39 PM
And so can Leeds - PNE are entering a downward spiral though (well hopefully they are) - hopefully Bfud can beat Barnsley to the last Lge 1 playoffs spot.

gardsPNE
10-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Leeds are nearer the drop than the play-offs by several points ;)

Come on Barnsley secure that play-off spot.

Dingles not playing well but bagging 3 points, sign of a very good side, I honestly only see you going straight up with Boro I think. Hull and Seagulls resigned to play- offs.

Next two games key playing BWFC on Sat and QPR at Deepdale the following weekend. We need 6 points to give us some final belief in a possible late push for the Play-offs, otherwise resigned to cracking mid table finish which we would have took at the start of the season.

Acido
11-03-2016, 12:45 AM
Keep taking those tablets Calvo, theres a good lad :P

Hey Gards, this weekends match is really the start of our season (as daft as that might sound). We have a play off place at the moment, and its up to us what we do with it from now on. Lets see eh!!

gardsPNE
11-03-2016, 02:39 PM

Hey Gards, this weekends match is really the start of our season (as daft as that might sound). We have a play off place at the moment, and its up to us what we do with it from now on. Lets see eh!!

it must be one of the biggest turn arounds in the history of the Football league its just ridiculous and even featured on C5 last Saturday comparing you and Coventry and how far apart you were. You have the wind (nay gust) in your sails so keep it going and we may just be playing you next season.

CalverleyBoy
11-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Time will tell

Acido
11-03-2016, 11:33 PM

it must be one of the biggest turn arounds in the history of the Football league its just ridiculous and even featured on C5 last Saturday comparing you and Coventry and how far apart you were. You have the wind (nay gust) in your sails so keep it going and we may just be playing you next season.[/quote]

Ohh yes we were honoured to get a bit of a talk up on the Ch5 show last week, Kelly Dalglish nearly got her kit off during all the excitement (or maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part :P).
Have many teams won promotion after being bottom of the table in December ?

CalverleyBoy
12-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Not a bad day, the mighty Leeds beat Lancashire's money team; PNE were losing for a while and getting me all excited as Leeds game in hand would have had us back ahead of them. Barnsley fall apart and drop back towards where they belong being replaced in the playoff zone by W Yorks other team Bfud. Burnley sadly scrapped another win but watching them fall out of the top two in April will be worth waiting for.

Acido
12-03-2016, 11:14 PM
Money team, do Blackburn still have the same finances without the late Jack Walker ?
The only consolation of Bradford winning, is that it was against Fergiescum Jnr ;D

alfinyalcabo
12-03-2016, 11:22 PM
Not a bad day, the mighty Leeds beat Lancashire's money team; PNE were losing for a while and getting me all excited as Leeds game in hand would have had us back ahead of them. Barnsley fall apart and drop back towards where they belong being replaced in the playoff zone by W Yorks other team Bfud. Burnley sadly scrapped another win but watching them fall out of the top two in April will be worth waiting for.

Better still,we could end up beating you to get promoted.. B)