PDA

View Full Version : Mark Noble - A Political Decision

14-09-2015, 12:23 PM
New club captain.

Nothing to do with ability to motivate or inspire.

This decision was made 18 months ago. It was decided that to make the OS feel like 'West hams home' there needed to be a person with strong links to the club leading us there as captain. The face of the stadium from a playing point of view had to be a 'West ham boy'.

Noble was always going to be captain, whoever was at the club.

His position in the team is rock solid whatever his form.

A decision made for PR reasons not playing or captaining ability.

hectorlovitt
14-09-2015, 01:11 PM
More anti west ham rubbish from the troll.

You Best get over the park and start **** picking.

14-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Why have you used an upper case b for best?

hectorlovitt
14-09-2015, 02:36 PM
I really don't know why that happened. I'm on my phone so alsorts happens when you correct the auto fill doesn't it.
Anyway I thought you wasn't going to reply to me.

esray
14-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Have you been watching a different team for the past few years?

Even when things were really bad, this was one of our few players who could get the ball down on the deck and pass it, both short and long; last time we had a player with his ability to find space and to offer other players under pressure an outlet and with his range of passing, his was Michael Carrick. Noble's work-rate is second to none and in my opinion he has been our most influential player of recent years. I cannot think of any recent West Ham player (barring perhaps Scott Parker) under whose captaincy I would rather play!

14-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Maybe that was true before last season.

Last season he was poor with only a couple of decent games (Spurs away)

I feel he has to work hard to stay with the pace of the game.

Don't get me wrong, before last season I sung his praises but last season (and since new contract especially) he has been poor.

Also, I feel he has got too big for his boots. the Bournemouth game he was acting like billy big balls. He knows he won't be dropped and it is reflecting in his play.

14-09-2015, 03:34 PM
As for playing under recent captains, it is generally accepted that Neil was by far the most unifying captain who was liked by players.

hectorlovitt
14-09-2015, 03:39 PM
There is plenty of competition for midfield positions now and he knows if he don't play well he will be out.
Nobes will continue to improve under bilic so you might be pleasently suprised.

14-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Continue to improve? have you seen improvement in the last 18 months? Did he have a good season last year?

I will say again, Nobles place is guaranteed for political reasons.

hectorlovitt
14-09-2015, 05:21 PM
yes i have seen an improvement this season. he didn't have his best last year but was beside nolan and struggled as did others who played alongside him. obviously you have not seen any improvement but as the other poster on this thread pointed out, you must be watching different games.
I'm happy to have a local boy leading us into our new era.
as are the majority of why fans. I'm afraid once again you are in the minority.

14-09-2015, 06:06 PM
An improvement this season! That's a politicians answer. He was so dire last season that anything involving a pass to a team mate is deemed an improvement. Has he improved from the season before last? I think not.
Add the nugget ...his poor form is down to Nolan. Rightio. We see where your coming from now.

As I stated, he was very, very poor last season and hasn't done much this one.

Local boy into a new era? That' out of the seventies mate. A team of nations such as Argentina, Italy, Croatia, Spain, Senegal, France amongst others and you're happy that the captain is from East London.

You come across as a happy clapper who will support Noble whatever. That's your prerogative but surely you cannot argue with the statement that he is slow in possession, slow of foot and too often his passing lacks ambition.

Dire time last season. Not done much this season. if players were picked for football reasons he should be worried about his place. The problem being that he is the exc

hectorlovitt
14-09-2015, 08:02 PM
I come across as a happy clapper. And you come across as a complete and utter c.unt.
And not just my opinion but every person that debates with you.
**** assist by noble there eh.
I'm here now.
Where are you? At home with mummy.