PDA

View Full Version : McGennis

Demas
24-09-2015, 08:34 AM
So this big lump is no good they say?
Useless inept incompetent?
He keeps scoring goals, which most of the rest fail to do!

That was a worrying game, listening on the Heart web it sounded like we have little going in defence just now and watching the goals this morning it is clear the big lump is better than some think.
Not for the first time we kept going to the end, that is one of our strengths.
I thought we were out last night but that got us through.

Kilmarnock are on the rise again, using all the ex-Jambos helps, and I can see Killie aiming for the top six this season in spite of the bad start.

LondonKillieIII
25-09-2015, 10:13 AM
It is ironic that our top scorer is our worst outfield player. He is a trier and he causes problems for opponents defence but he is not a 'natural' footballer. It tells you a lot when his original position was goalkeeper.

However, managers tend to have a bigger picture than the rest of us mere fans and even the NI national manager sees something in big Josh.

speedy100
26-09-2015, 09:00 AM
i do`nt care how he plays if he can score some more goals like he did on wed he will do me.Seems like we switched off to early and got suckered by Hearts who,as Demas said kept going to the end.I hope they learned the big lesson,the game only finishes when the ref blows for full time.At least there is signs of improvement.

LondonKillieIII
26-09-2015, 10:13 AM
I think the problem late on was poor choices of substitutions. Tope was done in but should have been replaced with someone a bit quicker and more forward looking than Robinson. Kiltie was tired but still working well so there was no reason to replace him with Boomer.

speedy100
09-10-2015, 04:00 PM
great to see the big boy getting picked and scoring for his country.not bad for a big lump

LondonKillieIII
10-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Northern Ireland’s hopes of ***** victory lie with striker who used to be a No 1, says James Ducker

Northern Ireland will be putting their faith in a former goalkeeper who has never scored a senior goal for his country to lead the attack against Greece in Belfast this evening as they chase the victory that would secure their passage to a first European Championship finals.

Michael O’Neill is without four key players but the absence of Kyle Lafferty, his talisman and leading scorer who is suspended, has created comfortably the manager’s biggest headache.

It will almost certainly mean an opportunity up front for Josh Magennis, whose intriguing backstory serves as one of the more evocative symbols of the remarkable job that O’Neill has done in guiding such a modest mix of nomads and nearly men to the brink of a place in next summer’s finals in France. Not bad for a man who won one of his first 18 matches in charge.

Magennis was a goalkeeper who became a striker via a stint as

LondonKillieIII
23-10-2015, 12:23 PM
This is a real "Roy of the Rovers" story.
One of a young goalkeeper who makes the change to striker. Moves to a new club and becomes a defender.
Let go by that club but moves away and returns to the striker role before firing in a goal that helps his country make their way into the European Championship finals.
A bit far fetched it may sound, but this is the real life story of Josh Magennis.
"It's crazy!" Magennis told BBC Scotland. "It was Neil Ardley, who was the academy manager at Cardiff and is now the manager at Wimbledon, who helped me make the transition from goalkeeper.
"He said I had the attributes to be a striker. I managed to knuckle down and find my strengths, which are my pace and power and able to run."
Magennis then made the move north to Aberdeen, where he struggled to hold down a regular spot, although he did have an alternative option.
"We had a tremendous striking group there with Chris Maguire and Scott Vernon who were keeping me out of the team," he said.
"