PDA

View Full Version : Oliver then Kidd!!!!!

Spikefaethesouth
03-10-2015, 05:06 PM
Watching the pre-match warm up it was evident that something was badly irking Gary Oliver who was near inconsolable and required to be calmed down by Skelton. Well I thought he has just been told he is not in the starting line and began to consider which of the other three strikers we have available would take his place up front with Lyle.
The team is announced and there is no second striker playing-what is going on I speculate we are playing with one up front at home but no Kidd is supporting Lyle. This i do not comprehend and even more so as the game progresses and we go a goal down then two and stick with this ridiculous formation.
Only with 20-25 minutes to go do we resort to two front men up the park and Kidd back on the right eventually going with three strikers.
i am at a loss to explain what i saw today and no wonder Oliver was throwing his "toys out of the pram" pre game.
Please discuss this as it is beyond me. I don't mind getting beat by a far superior team as long as

Supablue
03-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Basically he set up the team to not lose rather than win, heres the newsflash we still lost.

Cant go this negativity and it will drive more fans away.

deek5trans
03-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Never expected us to win today but come on Fowler at least give us a chance by fielding players in the correct positions.

JRSLEFTPEG
03-10-2015, 05:47 PM
Let me get this correct Spike . You thought there was a lack of effort ? I thought a lack of class but not effort .

Spikefaethesouth
03-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Let me get this correct Spike . You thought there was a lack of effort ? I thought a lack of class but not effort .

Perhaps I should have emphasised passion as opposed to effort.

ALBERTZ_11
03-10-2015, 08:07 PM
I was also perplexed at Kidd taking centre with Lyle at the start of the match and playing up front when there was Heffernan, Oliver and Smith on the subs bench.
I thought after losing such an early goal in the 3rd minute we would have changed personnel on the park, like move Hutton up front and have Kidd back into the midfield for example, although the big mistake was not starting another recognised striker alongside Lyle to begin with. I reckon Heffernan and Lyle would be a good option up front. Queens ended up with three strikers on the park for the last 15 or 20 mins after playing the first hour with only one recognised at home against a Hibs team that would gave been there for the taking had we started with a correct formation. No wonder Oliver was perplexed and needed calmed down by Skelton.

[quote="Spikefaethesouth"]Watching the pre-match warm up it was evident that something was badly irking Gary Oliver who was near inconsolable and required to be c

nithvalley2
03-10-2015, 08:55 PM
' Time to Experiment ' seemed to be the clamour for most of the week.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't - who would be a football Manager !

Supablue
03-10-2015, 11:18 PM
Some thought my version of experimenting was daft but Fowler managed to trump it by playing Kidd upfront when he had 4 forwards sitting on the bench.

Palmyman
04-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Sorry Albertz to disagree but whatever formation Queens fielded the Hibees were '' never there for the taking '' having the best defensive record in the Championship (including Rangers) while the Doonhamers have the worst home goals against record (13) in the four Scottish leagues. No lack of effort by the boys in blue but several good stops by Thomson saved us from a
bigger hiding.

Bluehome
04-10-2015, 08:54 AM
If Oliver was only told of this immediately before the game, does this mean that they hadn't been practising playing with Kidd in that position in training? Just curious why it would have been such a shock to Oliver if they had been planning it all week.

Spikefaethesouth
04-10-2015, 09:59 AM
If Oliver was only told of this immediately before the game, does this mean that they hadn't been practising playing with Kidd in that position in training? Just curious why it would have been such a shock to Oliver if they had been planning it all week.

It was certainly the impression I got watching Oliver's antics in the warm up which was reinforced by his Tweet before the game that he was so happy that he was "starting every game". Not so on this occasion!!

ALBERTZ_11
04-10-2015, 12:21 PM
I never realised that Hibs had the fewest goals conceded in the Championship and I've noticed that Kilmarnock and Queens have both lost 13 goals at home so far this season.

Sorry Albertz to disagree but whatever formation Queens fielded the Hibees were '' never there for the taking '' having the best defensive record in the Championship (including Rangers) while the Doonhamers have the worst home goals against record (13) in the four Scottish leagues. No lack of effort by the boys in blue but several good stops by Thomson saved us from a
bigger hiding.