PDA

View Full Version : Greystone16 - RIP

greystone16
06-10-2015, 01:55 PM
To all who used to converse with my Dad - aka Graham Brown - I am sorry to announce he sadly and suddenly passed away on Saturday morning and leaves wife Brenda and myself son Stephen - he was a you know a massive Wolves fan since the mid 1940's and saw all the great teams and loved this forum message board - he wasn't really of the computer age but he did enjoy coming on here and loved the banter with you guys. I myself is also on here occasionally but not as much as I should 'Waggspace' being my!
Please click the link below and see what the Wolves have done for him by way of thanks and respect for his work done at Wolves over the years the flags are flying at half-mast at Wolves at the moment which is fantastic for him.
He was a great Dad and Grandad - my son George is also a hooked 15 year old fan and the black and gold is firmly in the blood as the fourth generation to go to the Wolves
I hope his posts will be missed
Many thanks RIP Dad - Greystone16 - [url=http://www.wol

sweeneywolf
06-10-2015, 02:05 PM
What shocking and sad news, he was always a welcome and sage contributor.

My sincerest condolences to you, and all of his family.

He will be sadly missed.:blue: :heart:

Mr.D
06-10-2015, 02:06 PM
He was always a gentleman on this board and I loved reading his posts he will be sorely missed. My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

nortonwolf
06-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Perfectly put Sweeney.

RIP Greystone. :blue:

WOODLANDSWOLF
06-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Very, very sad news Stephen. My condolences. I know from conversing with him that your Dad and myself became Wolves fans at about the same time and we shared memories of the very best, and worse, of the Wanderers.

He will be sorely missed on this board as he will at home I am sure.

RIP Greystone. :blue: :blue:

Woking88
06-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Thank you for letting us know Stephen. That is very sad news. I always appreciated his posts and he will be very sorely missed. My sincere condolences to all of his family and friends, especially to you and your mother.

RIP Graham Brown and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Evewolf65
06-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Really,really Sad news. Came across as a Nice fella and Wolves through and through
You are rightly proud of your Dad Steven.
RIP Graham Greystone16

Newcy Wolf
06-10-2015, 04:17 PM
This is really sad.

Sleep well greystone, rest in peace.

A true Wolves fan and a gentleman.

Stephen, I wish you and your family all the best, I'm so sorry.

wolves71
06-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Turning the clock back 24 hours and Wolves twitter had the story of a long serving member of staff passing away. Until opening this thread, i was none the wiser.

RIP Greystone16, you will be sadly missed on here, by your family and friends and also by those that knew you at Wolves.

Newcy Wolf
06-10-2015, 05:47 PM
I think it would be a fitting tribute if the mods, in time, could put this thread on Sir Jacks?

After all, greystone was a Wolves fan for longer than most of us have been on this planet, Stephen's link has shown us a side to greystone that most of us never knew about.

Makes him a Wolves legend in my book.

ADP22
06-10-2015, 05:56 PM
So sad to read this news!

My thoughts are with you & your family at this sad time.

Rest in peace Graham & thank you Greystone 16 for choosing this message board to have shared your thoughts.

snod82
06-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Very sad news indeed and puts all the silly squabbles on this board into perspective.

Greystone's posts were always a good read and his contributions will be sorely missed.

Condolences to all Greystone's family and friends.

RIP Greystone xxx

sweeneywolf
06-10-2015, 06:54 PM
I am not sure everyone reading this thread will pick up on the link that Stephen posted in his opening post, so the words off the wolves site are below

==========================:::======
Lottery stalwart passes away.

The flags at Molineux are at half-mast as a mark of respect to one of the club’s unsung heroes, Graham Brown, who died suddenly on Saturday at the age of 77.

Graham was a long-serving, popular and dedicated member of the Lottery team, and was involved with the Lottery department for an incredible 38 years.

He latterly served as Secretary of the Midland Sporting Association Ltd. committee who overlook the running of the lottery.

Graham’s son Stephen said: “Dad started following Wolves when he was about nine years old just as the Second World War was coming to a close.

“He saw all of the great players and great games in the fifties – he always loved Wolves. He joined the club’s Lottery in 1977 and stayed loyal throughout the bad days of the mid-eighties

tony
06-10-2015, 08:49 PM
What dreadfully sad and unexpected news. Greystone was always one of the elder statesmen on here and commanded both respect and affection. His contributions will indeed be missed Stephen - the depth and quality of his firsthand memories was never less than fascinating, and he could join in with the lighter vein of banter on here with the best of them. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

MichiganWolf
06-10-2015, 10:51 PM
Sorry for your loss Stephen. Your family will be in our thoughts. His contributions will be sorely missed. I don't know how many on the board met him, but even though it is online, it's still a community and his loss will be felt. At least Wolves were able to send him out a winner on Saturday. We've had many Wolves depart us in recent years and Graham has received the same honor that all of them received in the flag being put at half mast. A wolf forever. RIP Graham

theplater
06-10-2015, 11:06 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Stephen and pass my condolences on to you and your family.

Your Dad was a great contributor to this site and posted with a style and class that embarrasses and shames some of my outbursts over the years. We are all going to miss his posts and knowledge.

Newcy, one of us will move this post to Sir Jack's forum after everyone has had a chance to read this sad news on here.

TundraWolf
07-10-2015, 02:35 AM
Very sad news, indeed; Greystone 16 was a true gentleman in every sense of the word and I regret greatly that although we periodically responded to each others posts we never had the chance to meet face-to-face. A classy and giving Wolves' supporter it appears that his son is also carrying on some of the same qualities. Thanks for posting, Stephen!

GrizzledWolf
07-10-2015, 05:48 AM
Stephen, I am shocked and saddened to learn of your Dad's sudden passing. Although there is little I can add to the kind and heartfelt words already expressed by others on this board, please know that I share their high regard for your Dad. Indeed, his contribution to this forum will be sorely missed.

My sincere condolences to you, your Mum, extended family and friends.

abbobrom
07-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Total shock, what sad news. I can only reiterate all the kind, sincere comments that have been made by fellow posters. I often post during the daytime and Greystone was nearly always the first to reply. He must have spent quite a time on this forum, and his contribution will be sadly missed. My thought are with his family at this sad time.

Robus
07-10-2015, 02:32 PM
Very sorry to hear this news, Stephen. Best wishes to you, your mother and family.

Woking88
07-10-2015, 04:57 PM
I hope nobody minds, but I thought it would be a fitting tribute to have his picture visible on the thread. Of course it is in Stephen's url, but I don't think it was possible to copy it from there, This picture came from a different source and is put up with the greatest respect for Graham Brown - Greystone 16.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2edoyg7.jpg

Albionic68
16-10-2015, 12:29 AM
Stephen.

Very deepest and sincere condolences for the loss of your dad from 'one down the road'.
Have not been on this site for a while, and I have only just seen the new post on the main board.

From reading this thread and the article which you posted, it is obvious just how much your dad loved the Wolves, and the high regard that he was and will always be held in.

R.I.P Graham Brown.