PDA

View Full Version : Total Clearout Required

maestro91
18-10-2015, 12:50 AM
Come January get rid of the loan players -i haven't witnessed one worth keeping. Build the team round about strong spine - Samson, Kennedy,Pearson, Fletcher - making Kennedy the captain as is only player in defence who leads by example. Young Watt must be worth trying at full-back as Law and Chalmers are abysmal. Use the money freed up by releasing loans to acquire players who are hungry and would appreciate the chance to play for our club as well as giving certain youth players their opportunity we need a hungry team we can get behind!

steviex
18-10-2015, 03:31 AM
I wouldnt disagree but as usual when they are good we sign them on short term deals, if they are utter p1sh you can be sure weve nailed them down on 2/3 year deals. We canmot have a mass clearout as we have signed most of these duds on longer terms.

If im not mistaken Law, Laing, Chalmers, Ainsworth, Johnston, McManus are all on longer tems deals and every one of them is utter p1sh....and more importantly are consistently p1sh.

BC_Canada
18-10-2015, 05:30 AM
If s total clearout is required that would be three In three years, which is at least thought provoking. The bigger issue now is if we go down the road of another clearout will Les Hutchison fund that? At this stage of the season while arguably early yet, I don't see signs of an increase in revenue streams and attendance is down. Getting good or better players to get improved league standings and/or a cup run seems far away. Bigger picture is how did we get into this mess and is there any hope of getting out of it anytime soon? Frankly I am concerned about the future, Baraclough tried to buy is way to success or out of a mess and it does not look like like it's working and McGhee may well have A very difficult task to keep us out of the payoff spot.

allan73
18-10-2015, 07:10 AM
We have gotten into this mess because at the moment we have a ruderless ship. Ever since leeann left for hibs we have been dire. We have an owner who says he doesn't want to be owner of a football club. A fan ownership model which is failing because no more of our fans see this as a way forward for the club. We need a chief executive in place to turn this whole pile of ********* around. One person in charge.
Who ever is in charge of the pitch is doing a great job. It looked fantastic yesterday. ???? always like to end o a positive.

andyss1886
18-10-2015, 07:33 AM
Since 'Leeann' left? Have to disagree with that. She was in charge when this slide started, it was her contract policy that let nearly our entire 1st team leave on a free, a team that had done well. Humphrey, Higgdon, Randolph, Law and most criminal of all Hutchinson, as we would have commanded a big fee for him under contract. Not all would have signed but some are on record saying they would have but were never asked until they all had the season of their lives. Sold Murphy for shrapnel. These were replaced by the dross we have now. At the same time she totally neglected our youth, scouting and coaching set up to what we have today, one of the worst in the country.....and the stadium?
Through out this we received a begging letter per month telling us to cough up more because wee were skint. The new owner was appalled at the lack of revenue from resources, he was quoted as saying it was disappointing at the lack of effort to try and bring in more money.
So Hibs are welcome to her

andyss1886
18-10-2015, 07:39 AM
As much as o would love to keep Kennedy, think he is on loan too.
One thing I know for certain, if Stephen McManus is handed another contract at Motherwell, o will not be renewing my season book or WS membership. He epitomises the overpaid wasters at our club, they turn up a couple of games a season. Not wasting another penny on the club this season and not going to another away game. It's *********ing drudgery watching this crap, and had enough.

Wellup4it
18-10-2015, 07:48 AM
I think Kennedy is on a permanent deal. Its times like this that the club needs our support, hard though it may be.

allan73
18-10-2015, 07:57 AM
Fair enough. One of our most successful periods at the club was when she was here. most of these players left for bigger wages. Wages we could no longer afford. Then Rangers went out of the box which effected our finances greatly. For a club who gets 4000 fans through the gate every fortnight I thought we did pretty well under her leadership. More to running a club than players contracts. Les may be dissapointed with how much money we were generating but I bet there is no more money coming in since he took over. Look around you I don't see loads of money floating about. We can't even get well fans to join the well society for 5 pounds a month.

steviex
18-10-2015, 08:08 AM
We have gotten into this mess because at the moment we have a ruderless ship. Ever since leeann left for hibs we have been dire. We have an owner who says he doesn't want to be owner of a football club. A fan ownership model which is failing because no more of our fans see this as a way forward for the club. We need a chief executive in place to turn this whole pile of ********* around. One person in charge.
Who ever is in charge of the pitch is doing a great job. It looked fantastic yesterday. ???? always like to end o a positive.

Im sorry mate but the club was in a horses @rse state when leann dempster was there. Most successfull we could ever be without actually being crowned winners and we were damn near bankrupt. Much of the financial disaster we are now arose while LD was chief executive. Look at the amount of infrastructure and backroom changes Hutchison has had to pay tor. That shows you how organised and efficient

Half_Can_Dan
18-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Good manager will get the best out of any level of player so flinging money at it again on frees or loans will just make it worse .If our new boss is worth his his salt will take this squad and make the situation better.

Playing Laing in midfield was first wtf moment didn't work one bit dropping the captain hmmm I am all for trying new things but yesterday was horrible.

There is a team there somewhere but I was expecting a new boss fire in bellies performance all I got was an utter no show.

LD done a great job for the club considering the state we were in during her tenure if she was at the club right now we would be in a much much better state i am 100% IB wouldn't have been at our club for one.

Wellup4it
18-10-2015, 08:33 AM
dropping the captain hmmm I am all for trying new things but yesterday was horrible.

Apart from hearing he was on the bench over the tannoy I didn't notice much difference. Would his presence have transformed our midfield - I don't think so.

wellin
18-10-2015, 08:55 AM
The biggest mistake we made was appointing IB as manager. He was completely out of his depth and has filled our team with complete dross. Kennedy at the back seems to be his only success, Moult seems like a decent player but there is something missing there. It has been a costly mistake because we can't get rid of the players on contracts so we have to go with what we have. We could maybe send some of the loan players back in January and strengthen from there. I'm hoping McGhee can somehow put together a team to get us out of the relegation spots. If he does he has certainly earned his dough.

andyss1886
18-10-2015, 09:00 AM
My perception and so my opinion that LD done nothing of greatness during her reign. That's my opinion and may well be wrong. She certainly splits the fans, it depends on your own perception or maybe which stand you sit it. Maybe someone could give some examples of these great deeds she done, ask your self this and answer it honestly. Was the youth set up, scouting or stadium any better when she left than when she arrived? My opinion and mine only, good riddance 'Leeann'

andyss1886
18-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Kennedy on a permanent deal is good news, as he looks a decent player, cheers.

wellowell
18-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Will be a long hard road ahead as too many players have no confidence but watched game today and Dundee Utd look just as bad it's about who turns their season around sooner imo

texaco cup
18-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Players may lack confidence but it does not excuse certain ones from lack of effort,not tracking back,bottling out of tackles and failing to make the runs they are supposed to do.Too many of our players are being paid for doing heehaw .So when it next comes to signing players why not try this idea sign them on a very basic wage but offer great win bonus that way the have to produce the goods for the club and themselves to get a decent wage instead of giving them as it stands just now a decent living for doing as I said earlier heehaw.

allan73
18-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Ok so a clear out is needed but I am struggling to see which players we would keep at the moment as very few are getting pass marks. Let's start with our goal keepers. Twardzik samson Ripley. To be honest I would only keep Samson but only as back up to a new number one. Now defenders Reid Kennedy McManus Hammell Chalmers Laing. Only Kennedy is looking like the only one who realistically has any kind of future at the club. Midfield. Pearson Lasley Leitch Grimshaw ainsworth Johnson Thomas. Pearson we need to keep lasley is looking to go into coaching. Ainsworth we need to keep Thomas absolutely needs to stay. Leitch must move on. Will unfortunately never become a main stay in our midfield. Grimshaw is decent but will go back to man utd but just can't see where he fits in to any future plans. Johnson flatters to deceive. Another player you could see doing well at a lower level. I would move him on. Front players Clarkson Robinson moult fletcher Moore Mcdonald. At least 3 from

maestro91
18-10-2015, 10:53 PM
number 1 Samson
number 2 Reid
number 3 Watt
number 4 New player
number 5 Kennedy (capt)
number 6 Pearson
number 7 New player
number 8 McDonald
number 9 Fletcher
number 10 Moult
number 11 Thomas
The others are past their best or not interested ie McManus, Ainsworth and others - any thoughts. A couple are young but could gain experience in a motivated team. Priority is a new centre-half and anew centre midfielder (would take Jennings back in a heartbeat). Hutchy on loan would be a great piece of business.

WoodyG
19-10-2015, 12:03 AM
number 1 Samson
number 2 Reid
number 3 Watt
number 4 New player
number 5 Kennedy (capt)
number 6 Pearson
number 7 New player
number 8 McDonald
number 9 Fletcher
number 10 Moult
number 11 Thomas
The others are past their best or not interested ie McManus, Ainsworth and others - any thoughts. A couple are young but could gain experience in a motivated team. Priority is a new centre-half and anew centre midfielder (would take Jennings back in a heartbeat). Hutchy on loan would be a great piece of business.

Desperate stuff.

allan73
19-10-2015, 06:38 AM
Absolutely. Desperate stuff indeed. What's higdon up to these days? Or even Stevie Kirk?

Handsome_Devil
19-10-2015, 12:50 PM
Aye and what's especially desperate is that even out of that 11, Watt and Thomas are still unproven youngsters, Reid has got better in the months he hasn't played only because we've been watching Law and Samson hasn't made his debut for us yet.

While you can excuse a couple of players who have been injured, about the only folk who you'd give pass marks to this season are Kennedy and Moult - and that's because we're desperately looking to be generous somewhere.

This term was always going to be dependent on Pearson, Ainsworth, Johnson and McDonald producing enough to carry the other seven who looked weak from the very beginning. With that quartet injured, out of form, whatever, we're *********ed, and unless McGhee can produce a miracle there's no way we'll avoid the bottom two spots.

maestro91
19-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Hate to stress this but a number of players (including loans) have to go - so we need to re-build the team and the manager will have to make up his mind in the near future - who to re-build the team around. Does anyone have any ideas who should stay and who should go?

Handsome_Devil
19-10-2015, 07:13 PM
We can have ideas all we want, the reality is we can only get rid of those out of contract. So while talk of a clear out isn't unmerited, it's not entirely practical.

All of the loan players should go and I doubt McGhee will value Twardzik. Clarkson, Lasley and Hammell will retire with applause, McManus will shuffle off stage quietly. Reid needs a miracle for a new deal. The rest, from memory, all have another year.

We had the chance of a genuine clear out and rebuild last summer but blew it.

elf
22-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Hutchison not getting a game at Fulham.
Jennings playing for Tranmere in the Conference!
Erwin on loan at Bury.
Higdon on loan at Oldham.
Put these 4 guys back in the team and I'd fancy us to improve pretty quickly!!

dasdeid
22-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Sorry but could not resit … Higdon would NOT improve our team for a multitude of reasons.
Ask yourself why he has been released/loaned every club side he left M’well.
Pheck ... it's back to therapy to me