PDA

View Full Version : Good old Richard Brandon.

bongosdad
20-10-2015, 09:09 AM
Apparently all drugs use will be decriminalised throughout the world. This is a huge and will benefit millions. Taxes gained would be huge, would take away the dodgy dealer, make users more educated and not putting a law against people exploring there own consciousness, no criminal records, less policing, less people in jail and many more plus points.
The war on drugs didn't work it got 10 x worse instead

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/un-to-call-on-governments-around-the-world-to-decriminalise-all-drugs-says-richard-branson-a6699851.html - view external link (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/un-to-call-on-governments-around-the-world-to-decriminalise-all-drugs-says-richard-)

freer
20-10-2015, 09:32 AM
Just a couple of things Bongo

* Once again its not a football topic of conversation so its on the WRONG site as per usual

*Apart from you being away with the

http://i62.tinypic.com/119qx4j.gif

How much contact does "Good Old Richard Brandon" aka Good ol Richard BraNson (I think as the link wont work) have with smack heads in his neighbourhood ?

An approximate number of encounters per decade will suffice ;-)

PLEASE SEE LINK !!
- view external link (http://www.virginlimitededition.com/en/necker-island)

ozfan
20-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Who the hell's Richard Brandon? This is such a broad sweeping statement with no practical substance whatsoever. Decriminalising all drugs would be an absolute disaster on so many levels. Crystal Meth addicts are not sitting around exploring their conscious. Too busy being anxious about where to get the money for their next hit. That and scratching. Take away the dealers and where do they get the drugs? Are we suggesting to have corner drug shops where addicts can shop for their favourite joy packets from licensed dealers? Who supplies them? Labs able to freely brew highly addictive products that kill young people? Do you have any idea the amount of crime and violence attached to drug addiction? The amount of lives and families totally destroyed by addiction? I guess when you're rich enough you can come out with any old garbage and be listened to.

bongosdad
20-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Criminalising a user won't help matters just make things worse because he can't get a job and probably went to prison. Drug dealers don't supply quality drugs and often full of chemicals even rat poison. Also don't give out information on the risks or less harmful alternatives, dealers won't provide safe is use either.
It's proven to work in Portugal and other countries are about to follow suit.

dazzyo-villa
22-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Bongo they have decriminalized all drugs in portugal for those caught with over a 10 day supply (I think it is) and yes it appears it has worked well, bit different to what you talk of, millions in Taxes? better quality stuff?

That's absolute dream land to think our government would set up our chemists to dish out hard drugs.. never happen in our lifetime that..

Would never want it too either to be fair..

McVillan79
24-10-2015, 01:34 PM
Bongo, I'm going to assume that the decriminalisation doesn't include highly addictive man made drugs like crystal meth etc.

Decriminalising all drugs would be a disaster, will never happen and suspect it'd cost the economy/governments way more than any taxes raised.

I think you're assuming that users would be sensible, using responsibly in their own homes considering all their responsibilities before using. Unfortunately you can't trust the judgement of people under the influence whether it be alcohol or drugs and addiction comes far to easily.

I agree that taking drugs shouldn't be against the law, everyone should be able to put anything into their own bodies without the threat of prosecution. Free will, ownership of your own body, human rights etc. If taking drugs makes you break any other laws then you can be prosecuted for those crimes. Having said that, I've never had the police come round my house or been stopped in the street for a random drug test so unless you're doi