PDA

View Full Version : Bowyer

needle
24-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Stick with him or sack him . A very difficult decision , you can`t say the players are not with him , as they run their socks off . But , results don`t lie . I like the bloke and I am thankful for him steadying the ship and getting us out of the headlines or at least in em for the right reasons . Stick or Twist ?

seventwo
24-10-2015, 06:22 PM
me me me me me

Bobcrompton1896
24-10-2015, 06:35 PM
He should go immediately.,but only if Venkys have someone lined up to replace him with... there have been good performances from the players but diabolical results. I dont buy this "we were unlucky again,and the ref.didnt help us" nearly every other game....... he doesnt appear to have worked out how to grind out wins in "narrow margin matches". My real concern is will we get relegated? If Jordan Rhodes leaves in January,I think we will seriously struggle with not one other player in the entire squad looking like he can score. :/

If Sherwood is sacked at Villa,I would at least consider that option...........

DanRrr
24-10-2015, 07:07 PM
I bet Sherwood you jump at the chance to return to Ewood under a transfer embargo with loonie and very disinterested owners. The amount of players that he can't sign would make his mouth water.

jordan12rhodes
24-10-2015, 08:48 PM
The only way we'd go for Sherwood is if shebby came back..

jordan12rhodes
05-11-2015, 11:15 PM

theenclosure
10-11-2015, 06:38 PM
He has gone!!!

Acido
10-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Does this mean John O'Sullivan will get a game for your now ? We tried a few times to sign him and apparently his parents were also behind a move to Barnsley. I think they were just sick of their kid not being given a chance by Bowyer.

robinrover
10-11-2015, 06:47 PM
We will see now if venkys will employ there usual standard of idiot or will listen to footballing people.

seventwo
10-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Yes happy days!

oO0sLoPpYpLoPpY0Oo
10-11-2015, 06:55 PM
What you need is someone with great experience of your club.
Someone who's been out of work for a while but is eager to get back in and Kean to do well for you lads again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PYgzXDyPbo

needle
10-11-2015, 07:01 PM
This was always on the cards . He expected it himself and knew there was a good chance he would be sacked before Christmas .

seventwo
10-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Backroom staff gone too so replacements should be ready........

AucklandRover
10-11-2015, 07:39 PM
As I said on the Brentford thread, the tide of feeling against him was becoming irresistible. I still feel the anti-Bowyer hysteria in some places was ridiculous - including the dismissing of anyone with more moderate views as "happy clappers".
I totally agree with Needle's comments on his "Thanks Gary" thread.
Now, I have a sense of unease. I will, as always, support the new man and give him an extended chance, but I have not been impressed by any of thes put forward so far (although I would be reasonably satisfied if Nigel Pearson was appointed).
Fans tend to have unreasonable expectations, and the idea that we will/must get promotion because we need to doesn't make much sense to me.
I look at our present position and think about the squad (and the issues caused by FFP), and I wonder who will be introduced to the team to make a huge difference.
The fact is, we are where we are because of poor finishing, and the manager is powerless in that respect. (Why have you all been so

DanRrr
10-11-2015, 08:05 PM
We will see now if venkys will employ there usual standard of idiot or will listen to footballing people.

Word on the street is Grant Hanley - Player/Manager. Colin Hendy - Director of Football. The Venky's streamed Braveheart on Monday and got exiceted at the passion of the Scots.

Howie5o
10-11-2015, 08:25 PM
[quote="AucklandRover".
Now, I have a sense of unease. I will, as always, support the new man and give him an extended chance, but I have not been impressed by any of thes put forward so far (although I would be reasonably satisfied if Nigel Pearson was appointed).
Fans tend to have unreasonable expectations, and the idea that we will/must get promotion because we need to doesn't make much sense to me.
I look at our present position and think about the squad (and the issues caused by FFP), and I wonder who will be introduced to the team to make a huge difference.
The fact is, we are where we are because of poor finishing, and the manager is powe

AucklandRover
10-11-2015, 08:39 PM
[quote="Howie5o".
The fact is, we are where we are because

Howie5o
10-11-2015, 09:02 PM
I think a record of win one lose draw one over the first two seasons with a 0 or so goal difference is pretty flatline.

But this season Auks he could have won three on the spin and lost one and the fans would have been all over him again ..it got to the point where he couldnt get them onside Auks.

As for Sam that was a different kettle of fish in the Premier League. We were playing for 39 points at the beginning of the season and set up accordingly to do that. And even then at the near end of his reign fans had had enough of his style which im sure Saxo will back me up on;D

Horses for courses Auks :D

(ps im not getting into an argument Auks i respect your views but sometimes dont agree O:) )

pps ..and youre right about Duffy ...a liability in both his own box and the oppositions not one of GBs better signings..

Despair
10-11-2015, 10:17 PM
Only just become aware, and not at all surprised, for all of the reasons I and many others have posted.
I am guessing that Venkys have decided that's as far as we look like going with GB and as stated by some 'it's gone a little too stale now'. Certainly in terms of promotion, but recently also in terms of Champs survival. I really do feel it's got to that point.
At some point tough decisions need making (for good or ill - fate dictates that), when the warning signs become a little too loud for comfort.
I truly believe this may well be Venkys last throw of the dice as no matter how rich they are it is totally crazy to imagine them dragging this 'venture' much further without some sort of 'real light' at the end of the tunnel.
I am not rejoicing this announcement, and not really relieved over it either, it simply leaves me as anxious over the outcome as I was/would be over GB's continued retention.
Having said that, one never knows, the new man may work wonders. Or, then again w

DanRrr
10-11-2015, 10:21 PM
I hope we don't get a fatty like Leeds did.

AucklandRover
10-11-2015, 11:12 PM
[quote="Despair"]Only just become aware, and not at all surprised, for all of the reasons I and many others have posted.
I am guessing that Venkys have decided that's as far as we look like going with GB and as stated by some 'it's gone a little too stale now'. Certainly in terms of promotion, but recently also in terms of Champs survival. I really do feel it's got to that point.
At some point tough decisions need making (for good or ill - fate dictates that), when the warning signs become a little too loud for comfort.
I truly believe this may well be Venkys last throw of the dice as no matter how rich they are it is totally crazy to imagine them dragging this 'venture' much further without some sort of 'real light' at the end of the tunnel.
I am not rejoicing this announcement, and not really relieved over it either, it simply leaves me as anxious over the outcome as I was/would be over GB's continued retention.
Having said that, one never knows, the

Acido
10-11-2015, 11:40 PM
Err hello is this mic working ?
Im not a Lancy club fan but I did ask a question on this thread which nobody has bothered to answer. Never mind eh!!

DanRrr
10-11-2015, 11:48 PM
Does this mean John O'Sullivan will get a game for your now ? We tried a few times to sign him and apparently his parents were also behind a move to Barnsley. I think they were just sick of their kid not being given a chance by Bowyer.

Absolutely no idea Acido. Only time will tell, and with those wacky Venkys make a decision, anything is possible. Only time will tell

robinrover
11-11-2015, 05:41 AM
Acido
I like o Sullivan but bowyer didn't see him worthy of a first team place just a bench warmer
then again Gary bowyer didn't really like to give the kids too much of a chance
I know it could set there progress backwards but you have to give that chance eventually.