PDA

View Full Version : Big Sam Allardyce

scum_triumphant
26-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Has called for a rule change which says a player should be sent off when conceding a pen if he's the last man as the penalty is punishment enough. This is despite him benefiting from this rule yesterday.

I do agree with him and I think the sending off was harsh and the rule should be looked at. Handball on the line has to stay as a straight red though.
- view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34632766)

1960smiller
26-10-2015, 11:53 AM
I have got to agree scum 100% mate,it's nice to see even when Sunderland need all the points they can get.Football for me as lost a lot in this obsession to win at all cost.

millers88
26-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Has called for a rule change which says a player should be sent off when conceding a pen if he's the last man as the penalty is punishment enough. This is despite him benefiting from this rule yesterday.

I do agree with him and I think the sending off was harsh and the rule should be looked at. Handball on the line has to stay as a straight red though.

I suppose you mean shouldn't be sent off, depends on the situation for me, if somebody handballs it on the line and stops a certain goal then they have no sympathy from me if they get sent off but if its a mis-timed tackle and stops a goal scoring opportunity then it would probably be better just to give the player a yellow card and award the penalty, or if they miss the penalty, the player who committed the foul would get his yellow card turned into a red one.

millertop
26-10-2015, 12:01 PM
The sending off was harsh but if you take that rule out then there will be more cheating than there is now.

CAMiller
26-10-2015, 04:06 PM
millers 88 - I think "or if they miss the penalty, the player who committed the foul would get his yellow card turned into a red one" could be a nightmare. e.g. a team 3-0 up in a promotion/relegation battle with their opponent could quite easily miss on purpose to have a key player on the other team red carded and miss upcoming games.

Why can't fouls in the penalty area just be treated on merit like they are everywhere else? A foul is a foul and if it's a bad foul it deserves a red/yellow card accordingly. The awarding of the penalty itself should be sufficient 'extra' punishment. Deliberate handball on the goal line should be a yellow card and the goal awarded - simple XD