PDA

View Full Version : Adam King

ALEXKNOWALL
27-10-2015, 09:19 AM
Tidy footballer but no more than that. No real thrust and consistently fades last half hour

Is he guaranteed a start because of the deal with Swansea?

Atkinson is always the fall guy and when Bingham returns I bet King is still in the starting line up

lukcour
27-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Fades in the last half hour. Sorry that is not true, he fades from the first minute. He is a dreadful midfielder. Runs around like a rabbit caught in headlights and does absolutely nothing. Cannot tackle, or will not tackle. He is a waste of space and one of the major weaknesses in the team.

The reason we ship goals is not the fault of our much maligned defenders, it is the utter non-existence of any midfield in our team. Simply put Fox, Atkinson, King , and Bingham are not league1 quality

David_De_ Garratt
27-10-2015, 03:47 PM
I think Davis has one eye on January with regarding to extending his loan spell with but yes I agree, it does seem like he can't do anything wrong at the moment. Whilst his goals to speak for themselves, his defensive game is non-existent.... I can't remember how many times I have seen him tracking back and getting beaten by players so easily which have often lead to a goal which would again make me question a formation change. Could King play behind the striker in the No.10 Role? He clearly as an eye for goal but the likes of Atkinson or Fox shouldn't be sacrificed...

With Jones back into the fold, I do actually look forward to the partnership of Fox & Jones and you will see what a big miss he has been since the start of the season. I also think you are being harsh on Atkinson. He's not afraid to put his foot in and looks like the only defensive midfielder on the books at the moment.

bigroof
27-10-2015, 04:56 PM
Fox has been good, but we'll be lucky to see him again before the new year now. Bingham: we've hardly seen him, so I don't know how anyone can form a judgement. Jones with those two, could form an excellent combination. King isn't as bad as Lukcour makes out, but he doesn't really 'see' a creative pass. Now Fox is out for a while, if Davis wants to continue with 4-3-3, it might be worth giving King a try in his role; he's played it for Swansea youth and under 21s. Atkinson is a 'bit-part' player; can tackle, is happy to receive the ball, but doesn't see the passes as quickly as Jones; has the energy to go box-to-box.