PDA

View Full Version : Who next?

champs95
11-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Realistic options? What's people's thoughts?

Me, it's very clear. Jimmy Flloyd Hasslebaink is going to either QPR or Fulham. And they are placed around us. One of those 2 are about to gain an advantage by getting him as manager. I don't want us to miss out. I'd go for him as number one option right now.

I'd be happy to see Dean Saunders back at Rovers. Doing a great job at Chesterfield, knows the club. And has had a good few roles now to have gained enough experience. His current side are organised and very decent.

Looking at the bottom half of the Prem, and the Championship, it's made up of very similar types of managers. The clubs who sack managers like we have been doing, clearly does not work. It's proven to keep you continually going backwards. European type managers simply don't work at this level either. So they have their work cut out finding someone who can come in, work with zero money, and fairly average players. So it will be interesting who.

Personally I'd

Despair
11-11-2015, 12:04 PM
Champs (hope you're keeping well - despite my retort upon your other posting O:) )
IF, we still had the board of what seems like eons ago now, and also not 'absentee rookie' custodians, I would gladly play the game.
But there is no telling which direction they will jump next, so a toss of a coin would suffice just as well.
With all of the negatives stacked up against us, I would need insight into many individuals characters in order to determine who could fit the bill and more importantly who would be willing to work for Venkys, and do their job sufficiently.
I just don't have that insight.
Its a tough one (as all managerial appointments are), when any one manager who does well at one place just does not equate to he can repeat it readily at any / all others.

robinrover
11-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Absolutely corking suggestions champs
would love either of them to take over
2 good managers still cutting their cloth but proving they have what it takes just one problem
venkys still don't have a clue but heavily
Look to Shaw to aid them and suggestions like you have made won't even enter the thoughts.