View Full Version : Danny Ward.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
19-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Lets get the praises going, what a performance. Last season folk were praising him and I was having a go, this season I think he's been far better not great up until now but far better and folk have done nowt but have a go?

I feel we'd have got some points out of the three we lost if Rawson, Kelly and Mattock had been fully fit, hopefully after Jan we won't have to worry when we've got a couple of players out.

Broadfoot what a player! a good interview on t radio as well. Redfearn's psychology pays off.

mikemiller
19-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Maybe Danny Ward can only play in a lone striker role?

Also re Kelly - NR said on Radio DeeDah straight after the game that Kelly was only taken off as a precaution, and the injury was not as bad as first thought

redhouse
19-12-2015, 07:47 PM
I didn't think he had that sort of performance in him to be honest

Glad I was proved wrong though keep it up Danny well played

Deepmidwinter
19-12-2015, 07:52 PM
Very very well played

Pocket rocket
19-12-2015, 08:03 PM
So he was garbage now he's brilliant sums our fans up maybe he's somewhere in between

Mandy_Turnerhead
19-12-2015, 08:04 PM
He was excellent. Davies is an experienced defender with loads of Premier League experience and Ward gave him a really difficult afternoon.

Ward (playing like that) and JCH vs Bolton could be lethal. JCH's form has sufffered because he's being asked to be the target man, on-the-shoulder runner and creative spark all in one. If Ward takes the high balls and we work more to JCH's feet and in behind, they could be really really good. Key for Ward is staying fit. He played like that at times last season, broke down after 10 minutes in the next game and took a month to recover his form.

Special mentions to Broadfoot and Rawson, also. Rawson is absolutely phenomenal for a 19 year old. I'm in awe every time I watch him.

PeteWaller
19-12-2015, 08:21 PM
Danny Ward had a good game. Long overdue and time will tell but for me, a long long way off being excellent. He has played so sh** this season it will take more than a good showing in a winning team to convince me he is other than a prima donna.

just edited this coz I appeared harsh. I really hope he can turn his season around. Which Danny Ward will turn up though - Huddersfield or today's

andy_miller72
19-12-2015, 08:36 PM
I thought he was outstanding today, up front on your own is a really difficult job. He chased everything, held the ball up well, was strong and was a handful all game. His problem has always been staying fit and getting a run of games.

The key to today was getting that first goal - if you go a goal down playing that system it's obviously more difficult, particularly at home

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
19-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Being honest last season I thought he was garbage until a good performance against Reading at the time I didn't realise how young he was, after that I thought he had something.

millmoormagic
19-12-2015, 08:45 PM
He was excellent. Davies is an experienced defender with loads of Premier League experience and Ward gave him a really difficult afternoon.

Ward (playing like that) and JCH vs Bolton could be lethal. JCH's form has sufffered because he's being asked to be the target man, on-the-shoulder runner and creative spark all in one. If Ward takes the high balls and we work more to JCH's feet and in behind, they could be really really good. Key for Ward is staying fit. He played like that at times last season, broke down after 10 minutes in the next game and took a month to recover his form.

Special mentions to Broadfoot and Rawson, also. Rawson is absolutely phenomenal for a 19 year old. I'm in awe every time I watch him.

Exactly how i see it, Ward really can be that striker, and i think JCH should be replaying the video of Wards performance to give him a few hints on how it's done, he's young though, i'm sure it'll come.

mikemiller
20-12-2015, 12:42 AM
A few strikers eg Ibrahimovic prefer 4-5-1 because it gives them the freedom to try anything that they like... we don;t know if Danny Ward's performance today was a sheer fluke...or if he reallly would be a good regular forward for a 4-5-1 formation ....only time will tell (he's been fairly poor in any other formation that he has been played in)

millertop
20-12-2015, 10:13 AM
I've already posted a few times that D Ward can be a good player (excellent play against Hull) but it's his sicknote side of things that's been the issue, I'm praying he stays fit.

Well done Danny