PDA

View Full Version : The silent in the stands.

stewarty27
02-01-2016, 04:49 PM
A Rangers supporting friend of mine. He told me he and others like him faced extreme threats and intimidation from so called fellow fans.

I am a Yes voter who tried as hard as I could to persuade as many people as possible to vote for independence. In response to Rangers fans waving vote No banners at football games I, as a Rangers fan created 'Rangers Fans For Independence'. I objected to a minority of Rangers supporters assuming they had the right to speak for all Rangers fans. I was aware that others had created similar forums for similar reasons and they all shared my aspiration for an independent Scotland.
Those who came on the RFFI forum came from all walks of life and had a variety of political and footballing tastes and 'loyalties'. Many supported the concept of RFFI and many bitterly opposed it, especially the diehard 'Blue Brigade'. I was called everything from an English hating racist to a 'Tim' lover. I relished the opportunity to tackle the bigots and the bullies and

sevvy too
02-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Can't understand why he would stop supporting the Gers, I find myself in the same situation with some at Celtic park who won't keep quiet on remembrance (day) or continually bring politics into the ground, at the end of the day its your team, not just theirs,and lime those at Parkhead, do not speak for you. :-\

Rangersmandownunder
03-01-2016, 01:07 AM
[quote="stewarty27"]A Rangers supporting friend of mine. He told me he and others like him faced extreme threats and intimidation from so called fellow fans.

I am a Yes voter who tried as hard as I could to persuade as many people as possible to vote for independence. In response to Rangers fans waving vote No banners at football games I, as a Rangers fan created 'Rangers Fans For Independence'. I objected to a minority of Rangers supporters assuming they had the right to speak for all Rangers fans. I was aware that others had created similar forums for similar reasons and they all shared my aspiration for an independent Scotland.
Those who came on the RFFI forum came from all walks of life and had a variety of political and footballing tastes and 'loyalties'. Many supported the concept of RFFI and many bitterly opposed it, especially the diehard 'Blue Brigade'. I was called everything from an English hating racist to a 'Tim' lover. I relished the opportun

sevvy too
03-01-2016, 01:47 AM
Aye Stewarty it was only some singing in the square, nuthin else.

Rangersmandownunder
03-01-2016, 01:57 AM
Aye Stewarty it was only some singing in the square, nuthin else.

If you have proof of this riot in the square please post a link, I think there was only one arrest and that was a nationalist.

A few guys turned up with union flags and sang a few songs, no one was harmed apart from the permaoffended, if the nationalists had gone home after losing the vote no one would have turned up, the nationalists were there for a week and the unionists were sick of listening to their nationalist republican sing song, they took the square back and sent them home tae think again. ;D

sevvy too
03-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Riot? Who mentioned riot? I just sarcastically pointed out that it was more than singing, you bit like a fat hvn trout. :-)