PDA

View Full Version : O/T I have a lot of time for Corbyn as a bloke but

Deepmidwinter
06-01-2016, 04:21 PM
he is to Labour's election hopes what Andy Scott is to football management

jolly_roger
06-01-2016, 05:12 PM
And Cyril Smith was to hang gliding

The Tory supporters must be his biggest fans.

Pocket rocket
06-01-2016, 08:53 PM
He's a tree hugger

Deepmidwinter
06-01-2016, 08:57 PM
He's a tree hugger

To be fair Pocket I think Smith was doing more than hugging trees

Pocket rocket
06-01-2016, 09:04 PM
He's a tree hugger

To be fair Pocket I think Smith was doing more than hugging trees[/quote]

True

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
06-01-2016, 09:05 PM
He's what ever those honest folk in the media tell you he is.

gramiller1959
06-01-2016, 09:30 PM
blame the unions :/ micheal foot ... neil kinniock ... ed milliband ...

jolly_roger
06-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Bloody onions.

millmoormagic
06-01-2016, 10:47 PM
he is to Labour's election hopes what Andy Scott is to football management

That may well be true mate, who's to know, as Amanda said, he is already being assasinated in the media, and by so called Labour mp's who are running to the said media like babies telling tales. What i know is that he is a breath of fresh air among the usual suspects when it comes to politicians, say what you like about him, but he's genuine, and follows his beliefs up, and that's why he got voted in as leader by ordinary folk sick to death od spin. A lot of folk on here talk about sheep, when in reality they're the ones who are doing the baa baaing.

Fensmiller
06-01-2016, 11:17 PM
Thats right, and those nice media people together with the PLP are so running scared of his popularity ( the labour Party membership has rocketed to well over 300,000 since his election as leader) they are doing everything to stir up trouble almost every day that they get all the other sheep bleating while the Tories and their chums continue to ransack and asset strip what little there is left of the country

jolly_roger
06-01-2016, 11:24 PM
Assassinated in the media?

More like public suicide.

The guy is a train wreck, and the train is a steam relic from the 1970s

Great source of amusement though I will give him that.

Fensmiller
07-01-2016, 11:33 AM
'Public suicide' and 'train wreck'. I've read these phrases in the press myself so I can see where you get your information from. If you want to see a political train wreck you should have been with me at Boston A&E Tuesday night, four and a half hours to get a sick old lady assessed, as we waited the queue from people needing medical assistance was meandering outside with others waiting in ambulances. Non of this was the fault of the NHS staff or ambulance people, it is the fault of years of political neglect designed to make the system fail in order to sell it off cheap as they've done with everything else. It was the same last Saturday in King Lynn A&E. The people trying to cope and help those in need are dedicated and deserve more. Thats the wreckage we should be looking at Jolly, and its Cameron and his government that we should be holding to account and demanding answers and action, but all we get it calling and laughing at Corbyn.

If you think that someone who believes i

Pocket rocket
07-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Thats right, and those nice media people together with the PLP are so running scared of his popularity ( the labour Party membership has rocketed to well over 300,000 since his election as leader) they are doing everything to stir up trouble almost every day that they get all the other sheep bleating while the Tories and their chums continue to ransack and asset strip what little there is left of the country

Don't know a lot about politics but for me he seems to be like a grumpy old man with no respect like not singing the national anthem in respect of our servicemen.

Would it have hurt him to do that no but he seems to have his own little agenda.

I agree with you about the nhs though that's a fair point.

millmoormagic
07-01-2016, 12:55 PM
[quote="Fensmiller"]'Public suicide' and 'train wreck'. I've read these phrases in the press myself so I can see where you get your information from. If you want to see a political train wreck you should have been with me at Boston A&E Tuesday night, four and a half hours to get a sick old lady assessed, as we waited the queue from people needing medical assistance was meandering outside with others waiting in ambulances. Non of this was the fault of the NHS staff or ambulance people, it is the fault of years of political neglect designed to make the system fail in order to sell it off cheap as they've done with everything else. It was the same last Saturday in King Lynn A&E. The people trying to cope and help those in need are dedicated and deserve more. Thats the wreckage we should be looking at Jolly, and its Cameron and his government that we should be holding to account and demanding answers and action, but all we get it calling and laughing at Corbyn

millmoormagic
07-01-2016, 12:58 PM

Don't know a lot about politics but for me he seems to be like a grumpy old man with no respect like not singing the national anthem in respect of our servicemen.

Would it have hurt him to do that no but he seems to have his own little agenda.

I agree with you about the nhs though that's a fair point. [/quote]

I think you should read up a bit more about Corbyn to be honest Pocket, because he's much more than what the media is portraying him as.

jolly_roger
07-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Yes there's a lot of stuff about Corbyn considering he was a backbencher for many years.

summary of it all:-

1. Every Labour administration avoided giving him anything important to do
2. He's always been a professional moaner, quick to criticise but rarely suggested anything contructive
3. He's a 1970s relic way out of touch with todays politics and world events.

Just the man to keep Labour unelectable,

Bigging him up keeps the Tories in charge

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
07-01-2016, 01:41 PM
People show respect in their own way and should be able to, but not in this country it's Do things our way or we'll judge the fluck out of you! Id never sing that joke of a national anthem. Or is pretending to care good enough for folk? Think respects about a lot more than singing a song myself. - view external link (http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/09/forget-the-bow-jeremy-corbyn-actually-snubbed-vip-lunch-to-meet-veterans-5488985/)

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
07-01-2016, 01:43 PM
So the Labour party need another war criminal Tory like Blair in charge to get elected, sad times.

Pocket rocket
07-01-2016, 01:45 PM
People show respect in their own way and should be able to, but not in this country it's Do things our way or we'll judge the fluck out of you! Id never sing that joke of a national anthem. Or is pretending to care good enough for folk? Think respects about a lot more than singing a song myself.

I still think it's a lack of respect tbh that's just my opinion.

I'm not judging him as a politician cause I know nowt about politics and don't want to.

Deepmidwinter
07-01-2016, 01:59 PM
So the Labour party need another war criminal Tory like Blair in charge to get elected, sad times.

No, I don't think anyone wants that Amanda. But whether it is the scaremongering of the media behind it or not, things will have to get very bad indeed for everyone ( including middle income earners) to consider Labour under Corbyn to be a viable elective option. As a life long Labour supporter I do not want Labour to become the permanent party of disunity and opposition. And quite frankly I would prefer a middle of the road or even a right wing Labour Party in power than the Tories any day. Politics is all about the achievable and until Labour offers an electable alternative for a majority of the electorate and not just committed left wingers it will achieve precisely nothing.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
07-01-2016, 02:14 PM
I get why people see it that way but if you think about it I'll use me as an example Id never sing the national anthem but have ton of respect for anyone who has given their life for the freedom of others, you could stand me next to some tosser who has no respect for anyone but wants to be or needs to be liked, at some kind of service with the anthem being sung, he'd sing it, I wouldn't and Id be the one who'd be slagged off because people don't think about what's actually important with such things IMO.

Fully understand why people want naff all to do with politics as well, which is a real shame.

Fensmiller
07-01-2016, 04:07 PM

No, I don't think anyone wants that Amanda. But whether it is the scaremongering of the media behind it or not, things will have to get very bad indeed for everyone ( including middle income earners) to consider Labour under Corbyn to be a viable elective option. As a life long Labour supporter I do not want Labour to become the permanent party of disunity and opposition. And quite frankly I would prefer a middle of the road or even a right wing Labour Party in power than the Tories any day. Politics is all about the achievable and until Labour offers an electable alternative for a majority of the electorate and not just committed left wingers it will achieve precisely nothing.[/quote]

You may be right about Labour under Corbyn being unable to achieve an electable majority,

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
07-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Was going to reply but that says it better than I could.

walter10
07-01-2016, 05:01 PM
People show respect in their own way and should be able to, but not in this country it's Do things our way or we'll judge the fluck out of you! Id never sing that joke of a national anthem. Or is pretending to care good enough for folk? Think respects about a lot more than singing a song myself.

I'm not judging him as a politician cause I know nowt about politics and don't want to.

[/quote]

You're not singing the anthem for war veterans, you sing it for the Queen.

charlielard
07-01-2016, 08:21 PM
With him being so out of touch it makes you wonder why his constituents have kept re-electing him for 33 years and last time with a 21,000 majority.

Pocket rocket
07-01-2016, 08:53 PM

[/quote]

You're not singing the anthem for war veterans, you sing it for the Queen.[/quote]

Yes I know that but it was a service to pay tribute to our armed forces past and present so imo I think he should have sung it.

I think it was more a snub to the queen but it wasn't the correct time to be doing it in my opinion

Deepmidwinter
07-01-2016, 09:33 PM
With him being so out of touch it makes you wonder why his constituents have kept re-electing him for 33 years and last time with a 21,000 majority.

Didn't we do something similar with a guy called Dennis MacShane?

charlielard
07-01-2016, 11:50 PM
Not for 33 years! And while we're drawing that comparison perhaps we should compare McShane's expenses record (imprisoned for fiddling) with Corbyn's (the lowest of all 650 MPs claims in 2010).

charlielard
07-01-2016, 11:52 PM
On Remembrance Sunday Corbyn passed up a free lunch (that Cameron et al attended) to stay and talk to veterans near the cenotaph. Respect can be shown in different ways.

Fensmiller
08-01-2016, 10:19 AM
It seem that Corbyn is hung drawn and quartered for not singing the national anthem and showing little respect for the queen, sadly I cant see any constructive debate about the actual policies. I cant see what relevance singing God Save the Queen has got with trying to save the NHS and developing a decent and fair society. He cant sing God Save the NHS either being an atheist, so I guess we should burn him at the stake the filthy anti christ that he is.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
08-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Deliberate distractions, tactics and folk fall for it every single time.

jolly_roger
08-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Indeed Amanda, plenty fell for the stories issued by the dream seller Corbyn but when the fog lifts there's no substance.

I will save the NHS - ok Jeremy, how ?..............erm leave it with me.
I will reduce our deficit - ok Jeremy, how? ...erm it will need some thought
I don't like what we are doing in Libya - ok Jeremy what would you do?....erm, well I wouldn't do what Cameron is doing
The Government isn't spending enough on floods - ok Jeremy what would your budget be?.....erm well a lot, probably, maybe.

And so on ad nauseam.

Even his claim to "have a mandate" is a fabrication.

millmoormagic
08-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Indeed Amanda, plenty fell for the stories issued by the dream seller Corbyn but when the fog lifts there's no substance.

I don't like what we are doing in Libya - ok Jeremy what would you do?....erm, well I wouldn't do what Cameron is doing
The Government isn't spending enough on floods - ok Jeremy what would your budget be?.....erm well a lot, probably, maybe.

And so on ad nauseam.

I'll tell you what he wouldn't do....
He wouldn't undermine the NHS to a point where doctors are prepared to strike, and where the gov't want to make it an American style system, if you want that jolly, carry on supporting this filth in power now.
He wouldn't reduce a deficit, created by bankers by the way, by undermining the fabric o

Fensmiller
08-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Read more at http://boards.footymad.net/rotherhamunited-mad/2109622467/#IJgR1Uhp5G7OGYvF.99

Is this an actual quote Jolly? Or is it jolly just having a jolly

Casper64Frank
08-01-2016, 11:36 AM

Exactly my sentiments.

Unfortnately he needs middle England to vote him in and a lot of middle England are more interested in how many credit cards they can cram into their pockets.
Corbyn will never get the media onside, his character will be trashed at every opportunity.
He does still need centre / right people in his team.

millmoormagic
08-01-2016, 12:26 PM

Exactly my sentiments.

Unfortnately he needs middle England to vote him in and a lot of middle England are more interested in how many credit cards they can cram into their pockets.
Corbyn will never get the media onside, his character will be trashed at every opportunity.
He does still need centre / right people in his team.
[/quote]

You're probably right there fella, unfortunately.

gm_gm
08-01-2016, 12:37 PM

And so on ad nauseam.

He wouldn't undermine the NHS to a point where doctors are prepared to strike, and where the gov't want to make it an American style system, if you want that jolly, carry on supporting this filth in power now.
He wouldn't reduce a deficit, created by

kempo
08-01-2016, 12:51 PM
He looks like something the cat dragged in although surprisingly has a bit of a history with the ladies.

I agree with many that he says some interesting stuff but he is an idealist and not a realist and as such is unelectable.

millmoormagic
08-01-2016, 12:55 PM

And so on ad nauseam.

Fensmiller
08-01-2016, 01:06 PM
He is doing no more no less than any political leader would and does do ie he selects his team to suit.

The vote to bomb Syria was a free vote, so no stifling of speech there and other issues are directed by the party whip as it is in all political parties.

Unelectable ? Labour has been unelectable in the last two General elections and lost seats since 1997 all this pre Corbyn. He has increased his majority in his constituency consistantly. He was elected as leader on over 60% of the vote more than any other leader. Since becoming leader there has been a flood of new and returning members to swell membership to over 300,000 the biggest membership of any political party.

He constantly tours the country and fills halls and assembly rooms to the rafters, standing room only reigniting debate and re energising peoples interest in politics who are fed up with the same old pap from the Tories, Liberals and New Labour. Giving politics back to the people.

But will he win a general

Redshank
08-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Corbyn seriously threatens to de-rail the establishment gravy train which is why Murdoch etc. will do all they can to stop him. This country is very wealthy, the problem is that far too much wealth is exported off-shore by the super rich. Corbyn threatens to put a stop to that which is why he will be lied about, discredited and abused by the establishment at every opportunity.

Osborne still bangs on about the "over-spending" that "got us into this mess". Sooner or later, the country will wake up to the fact that it wasn't over spending on welfare, the NHS, public services, defence etc. rather the establishment (in the form of a corrupt banking industry) fleecing the country on a monumental scale. Chucking good money after bad (i.e. more into the bankers pockets) won't pay off the deficit which is effectively what Osborne is doing, we need some serious investment in UK manufacturing infrastructure for a start. The Tories will never do that. Personal debt continues to rise. Why is tha

Deepmidwinter
08-01-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm afraid that when and if that day does come Corbyn will be long dead and buried