PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hughes Rovers Press Conference

scarjo
08-01-2016, 08:13 AM
Mark Hughes speaking to the press ahead of Stoke’s FA Cup third round game against Rovers : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-05DDNeoce0&feature=youtu.be
(starts speaking about selection for the tie from 7th minute onwards)

According to Football365, Rovers are worth a bet...

Doncaster v Stoke:
"Another top flight side set to ring the changes are Stoke, whose heavy-legged display in their Capital One Cup semi-final first leg in the week revealed a side struggling to cope with the demands of top-flight football. The Liverpool game was the fourth straight game that Stoke were unchanged so surely ‘Sparky’ Hughes will give some of his leading lights a rest here? If he does, Donny, who have won their last two, could cash in.
Betting: Doncaster to win at 100/30 (Hills)"

SilverTop60
10-01-2016, 05:15 PM
We are undeniably improving since the Dire Dickov Days but I knew we were not quite good enough to take Stoke. I was hoping for easier opposition for another round or two to buy us time so that the disillusioned fans could see what we are capable of. Had we met Stoke a few rounds later we might have taken them with a bit more team confidence, experience and new players. I just hope the old fans who turned up saw a rejuvenated good team play and didn't go away just seeing Rovers lose.