PDA

View Full Version : O/T Film Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Steve1903
08-01-2016, 05:05 PM
The Hateful Eight.

Just back and highly recommend. Was worried at the 2h 48m length but it felt nothing like it and wouldn't have minded even more. Definitely one to see on the big screen rather than waiting for the dvd.

gervaise_brookhampst
08-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Thought it was a bit slow starting off but once it got going it was brilliant, typical Tarantino gore fest that is certainly worth a watch or two 8.5/10

Pacman1903
08-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Funny as me and Mrs Pac going to crack a bottle of wine and watch it tonight

mondo_notion
08-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Thought it was a bit slow starting off but once it got going it was brilliant, typical Tarantino gore fest that is certainly worth a watch or two 8.5/10

How about Daisy Domergue for one of your WYOWYN's?

I'd be a yes.

gogs1958
08-01-2016, 08:45 PM

I'd be a yes.[/quote]

Beat me to the post.
But Id beat you to her.
;D

Aldo1983
08-01-2016, 08:53 PM

I'd be a yes.[/quote]

Beat me to the post.
But Id beat you to her.
;D [/quote]

At what point in the film? ;D

Stef
08-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Anybody showing it in Aberdeen ?

mondo_notion
08-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Beat me to the post.
But Id beat you to her.
;D

That just doesn't sound right :(

gervaise_brookhampst
08-01-2016, 09:32 PM

Vue is showing it i believe........or you could come round to Brookhampster manor for a private show... I will provide the large box of popcorn with the hole in the bottom ;D :O :P ;)

Edit to say woohoo 7000 post is me being a perv XD

gogs1958
08-01-2016, 09:37 PM

I'd be a yes.[/quote]

Beat me to the post.
But Id beat you to her.
;D [/quote]

At what point in the film? ;D[/quote]

At any point of Single White Female.;D

mondo_notion
08-01-2016, 09:54 PM
At what point in the film? ;D

The bit immediately after she gets elbowed in the face in the back of the stagecoach. Who can resist a lady with a bloody nose and a black eye.

Stef
08-01-2016, 10:15 PM

Vue is showing it i believe........or you could come round to Brookhampster manor for a private show... I will provide the large box of popcorn with the hole in the bottom ;D :O :P ;)

Edit to say woohoo 7000 post is me being a perv XD [/quote]

I just heard Cineworld refused to screen it. :(
If I go "private" I expect more than popcorn (large). ;)
Every bottom should have a hole in it. :D

Landvetter83
08-01-2016, 10:17 PM

Criminal! Movie Piracy is a Sin ....

gervaise_brookhampst
08-01-2016, 10:22 PM

Edit to say woohoo 7000 post is me being a perv XD [/quote]

I just heard Cineworld refused to screen it. :(
If I go "private" I expect more than popcorn (large). ;)
Every bottom should have a hole in it. :D [/quote]

I could supply a large slurpee too! XD
Why did they refuse to screen it?

Stef
08-01-2016, 10:30 PM
I think they took the hump when the London premier was shown in a different chain.

A slurpee could swing it !!

Goalposter
08-01-2016, 11:07 PM
^^^^^

Will you 2 get a room ffs

Pacman1903
09-01-2016, 12:10 AM

Criminal! Movie Piracy is a Sin ....[/quote]

Dont jump to conclusions,we were sneaking a bottle.of red into Vue.;D

MalagaSheep
09-01-2016, 12:18 AM

Agreed!
Samuel L Jackson is feckin ace!
No to daisy

Landvetter83
09-01-2016, 12:41 AM

Dont jump to conclusions,we were sneaking a bottle.of red into Vue.;D [/quote]

Jump Jump Jump ... scallywag!

Pacman1903
09-01-2016, 12:47 AM

Dont jump to conclusions,we were sneaking a bottle.of red into Vue.;D [/quote]

Jump Jump Jump ... scallywag![/quote]

Also i am Quentin Tarrantino so i can watch my own f@cking films however and wherever i f@cking want.

MalagaSheep
13-01-2016, 05:54 AM
Watched Extraction last night, Bruce Wills, easy watching action movie! Its alright, maybe a 6 or 7

washingtonwhips
13-01-2016, 06:03 AM
I enjoyed The Big Short the other night.... nae easy to make the subject matter compelling having struggled through the book, but it was well worth a watch. Scary to think nothing was done to put things right and we're heading for financial Armageddon in the next 12-24 months. Steve Carell was great... Brad Pitt was pointless. Ryan Gosling was Ryan Gosling... nothing like the character in the book

Steve1903
05-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Spotlight.
Excellent. Best of it's kind since All The Presidents Men. If you liked that, you'll like this.

Heading for Dads Army tomorrow but got a gut feeling am not going to enjoy it. Gotta go though, out of curiosity at least.

GlezgaRed
05-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Watched Ex-Machina last week, very enjoyable Sci-Fi artificial intelligence/psychological thriller - solid 8/10.

Pacman1903
05-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Just shat my pants laughing at the Dudesons movie. Daft whoors

"pain is momentary, the video is eternal"

Steve1903
06-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Da's Army.
In truth probably better than I thought it would be not that that means it was great at all, I just thought it would be really rubbish. Highly watchable cast, doing best they could with a quite tepid script and storyline.

05car
06-02-2016, 02:57 PM
watched bridge of spies the other day
very solid, typical of a hanks/spielberg collaboration, mark rylance is his usual excellent self but I could not make head nor tail of his accent, I'm sure for the US moviegoer or those in other parts of the world it won't bother them but it spoiled the film for me

Buc
06-02-2016, 05:34 PM
12yrs a slave was a cracking movie its great having an Android box there's also a film we Richard Gere playing a down and out in Time Out Of Mind He was begging for money dressed as a down and out and people passing didn't even know who he was as the camera work was at some distance away 8/10 for that one 10/10 for 12 years a slave. Mind boggling film.

Aldo1983
06-02-2016, 06:42 PM
Watched Love and Mercy last night starring the best actor out there (apart from Paddy), Paul Dano.

No idea why it wasn't nominated for any Oscar at all. Bloody racists.

Brian Wilson was a true genius hampered by mental health. Looking forward to seeing him during his final European tour in May.

Steve1903
12-02-2016, 11:23 PM
The Revenant.
Thoroughly enjoyed it despite not being much of a Di Caprio person. The bear scene was very well done. Would have done no harm to cut it by about 15 minutes.

Mason89
12-02-2016, 11:35 PM
10/10 for 12 years a slave. Mind boggling film.

Propaganda film looking to continue the cultural cleansing of the South by their Northern aggressors.

mondo_notion
13-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Spotlight.
Excellent. Best of it's kind since All The Presidents Men. If you liked that, you'll like this.

Agreed, just finished it. Boston Globe reporters and their work exposing the true extent of ***ual abuse in the church in Boston, across America and ultimately throughout the world. Quite a dark, sobering film. Maybe not a good watch for a Saturday night but enjoyable none the less.

05car
17-02-2016, 01:30 AM
Spotlight.

Agreed, just finished it. Boston Globe reporters and their work exposing the true extent of ***ual abuse in the church in Boston, across America and ultimately throughout the world. Quite a dark, sobering film. Maybe not a good watch for a Saturday night but enjoyable none the less. [/quote]

great performances in this.

as with all 'based on a true story' you're never quite sure what artistic licence has been taken

ragnarok
17-02-2016, 01:57 AM
-

chilts
17-02-2016, 08:58 AM
One not to watch - JeruZalem.....utter pish, lasted about 45 minutes before I had to switch it off.
Don't waste your time with this one.

MalagaSheep
17-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Watched the film escape plan last night, with Sly and Arnie, not a bad film, easy watching action stuff!

ForestHills
17-02-2016, 09:49 PM
The Revenant.
Thoroughly enjoyed it despite not being much of a Di Caprio person. The bear scene was very well done. Would have done no harm to cut it by about 15 minutes.

I actually found it almost tedious. Remove the panning landscape shots/tree shots and you lose half the movie. Remove Leo lying/groaning/by a fire and you've lost another 40%.

There is barely a proper story and its more like the director got given a wide angle lens for his birthday and only had a 20 min script to hand to make use of it asap. In fact the true story the guy was by the river, rolled onto a raft and floated to civilazation. Guess there wasnt much of a movie in that either.

I will watch anything and really enjoy Di Carpios performances but most actors could have done his performance in this - if he wins an oscar I am sure he will be bemused its for this. I usually enjoy the movie people complain is overhyped but this one actually got to me

GlezgaRed
18-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Watched I Believe in Miracles (Nottingham Forest film) the other night, excellent viewing about them winning the league and going on to win the European Cup....highly recommended viewing !!!

Clarence1903
19-02-2016, 12:22 PM
The Revenant - I thought, first hour was pretty impressive, looked set to be one of those classic films that would make your top 5. However, after the first hour, I thought it was horrendous. Didn't enjoy it all. Di Caprio was okay, he barely spoke and I thought Tom Hardy was poor, usually like him, but not here, wasn't impressed.

I'll watch "The Survivalist" and/or "The Forest" tonight. They say The Survivalist is Mad Max in the woods, should be interesting.

Steve1903
20-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Triple Nine.

Not much positive to say on this one. Bang average bad cop movie. The poorly drawn characters induced no sympathy. 5/10.

mondo_notion
20-02-2016, 06:04 PM
Watched Bone Tomahawk when I got home from work today. Strange film, think a western version of 'the hills have eyes'.

Kurt Russell stars as the Sheriff leading a small group to rescue his Deputy and the local Doctor who have been kidnapped by cannibalistic cavemen. A long film and struggled to stay interested all the way through but definitely livened up for some of the most gruesome killing/cannibalism horror scenes i've ever seen. Seems to come to quite an abrupt ending also.

6.5/10 If you are a horror fan i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Clarence1903
20-02-2016, 06:12 PM
Watched Bone Tomahawk when I got home from work today. Strange film, think a western version of 'the hills have eyes'.

Kurt Russell stars as the Sheriff leading a small group to rescue his Deputy and the local Doctor who have been kidnapped by cannibalistic cavemen. A long film and struggled to stay interested all the way through but definitely livened up for some of the most gruesome killing/cannibalism horror scenes i've ever seen. Seems to come to quite an abrupt ending also.

I thought Bone Tomahawk was immense, but then again, I am a horror fan, my favourite genre. Kurt Russell was brilliant in it I thought. Definitely a good few squeamish scenes throughout.

Anyway, on to last night's viewing, " The Forest " About a twin trying to find her sister, who's went missing in the infamous Aokigahara Forest in Japan, also known as the Suicide Forest, I'd like

mondo_notion
20-02-2016, 06:20 PM
I'll look forward to your review of 'The Survivalist'. Just reading about it now and it sounds like a good watch.

Clarence1903
21-02-2016, 02:27 PM
Watched roughly 35-40 minutes of "The Survivalist" last night and HAD to turn it off. Just didn't do it for me, not fair to rate it given I didn't watch it all the way, I'll leave that to someone else.....

Steve1903
23-02-2016, 10:10 PM

From the reception it's had, I thought I'd love this. Fell down on every count in my opinion. Western? not enough shooting. Cannibals? not enough people eating. Horror? not enough gore. Comedy? nah. Well maybe if you want to call it a black comedy you'd have a case.

Too few characters, too much of the guy with the gammy leg going through the desert. Would have kept the Matthew Fox c

MalagaSheep
24-02-2016, 05:13 AM
Watched dirty grandpa last night with Robert DeNiro and Zac Efron last night, got to admit i enjoyed it, wont be everyones cup of tea! Two lovely girls in it Aubrey Plaza and Zoey Deutch, very nice.
8/10

GlezgaRed
24-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Watched The Martian on Monday, really enjoyed it - 8/10.

PittodriePile
24-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Went to see Grimsby last night, funny but nothing on Borat, Bruno etc. A few filthy laughs (look out for the elephant scene) which make it. England are progressing in the World cup throughout the film which takes it down from a 7.7/10 to a 6/10.

Pacman1903
05-03-2016, 11:28 AM
I finally watched Withnail and I last night. Ive know about it for years but never seen it so i finally downloaded it

Ralph Browns awesome Del Preston in Waynes World 2(my favourite character ever) is very much based on Danny the drug dealer hence why Ralph Brown was chosen for the role. Ive know this for long enough.

So for that reason im surprised it has taken me untill now to see the film.

Its not bad, some funny bits. I wonder how much of it is true

Steve1903
06-03-2016, 08:44 PM
The Other Side Of The Door.
Bog standard horror/ghost story. Not scary, nothing new. Straight 5/10.

Truth.
Not for everybody this. I found it interesting enough, good cast but it could have been done better.

05car
07-03-2016, 10:58 PM
saw deadpool 8/10
funny

Pacman1903
09-03-2016, 10:58 PM
I just watched Kickboxer for the first time since i was around 10. Bloody hell that films terrible. Just goes to show, a bit of scrapping and a bit of blood made a good film when you were a nipper.

The brothers, one with a yank accent and one with a Belgian accent? :?

The eagle? XD

The fight scenes? :blue:

The soundtrack including songs with lyrics like this " never surrender, never say die, youve got the heart of a hero" B)

Terrible

Edit- Yaaaaaas Stan Bush vvvvvvvvv - view external link (https://youtube.com/watch?v=_44kGHBbzpQ)

MeadowbankRed
10-03-2016, 12:53 AM
Pac if you want some similar soundtrack stuff go listen to No Easy Way Out fae Rocky 4. Thought it was by Stallones brother Frank but apparently its some bloke called Robert Tepper. Impossible to listen to it without thinking of South Park.

Steve1903
11-03-2016, 02:21 PM
Oh my, oh my. Now pay attention all.
The Witch (lauded by critics on rotten tomatoes) is f uckin garbage. Seriously f uckin garbage. Start to finish. No redeemable qualities at all whatsoever. Desperately would like my money back from that. Dreadful, dreadful movie.

MalagaSheep
11-03-2016, 08:31 PM
saw deadpool 8/10
funny

Watched that last night, different but funny! Enjoyed it

MalagaSheep
11-03-2016, 08:33 PM
Went to see Grimsby last night, funny but nothing on Borat, Bruno etc. A few filthy laughs (look out for the elephant scene) which make it. England are progressing in the World cup throughout the film which takes it down from a 7.7/10 to a 6/10.

Wont bother looking that up, cant stand the boy and hated Borat and Bruno, not that i watched the whole things

Pacman1903
11-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Pac if you want some similar soundtrack stuff go listen to No Easy Way Out fae Rocky 4. Thought it was by Stallones brother Frank but apparently its some bloke called Robert Tepper. Impossible to listen to it without thinking of South Park.

You need a montage
Montage
Even rocky had a montage
Montage
Montage

You need a montage
Montage
Ooh it takes a montage
Montage
Montage

Steve1903
18-03-2016, 07:46 PM
10 Cloverfield Lane.
Mostly was a'rite but hated the end section.

xtrmntr75
18-03-2016, 10:00 PM
I watched Control again the other day. Like some of the music I like, it was grim but fantastic.

Steve1903
20-03-2016, 08:56 PM
High Rise.
Trying to think what to say about this strange film. It's like going to an art gallery and listening to some po faced ****s, standing in front of some surrealistic impressionist painting, each giving a different interpretation of what it represents. Then someone like myself comes along, stands back for a good overview and says simply, "It's pish".

Can't even begin to think who might be interested in this film, or why.

elginred
20-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Had the nephew crashing for a few days,so he picked up the following from a second hand store -

Wedding Crashers - :D Nae bad 7/10
League of extraordinary gentleman - Was doing ok til the incredible hulks appeared 3/10
The Longest Yard - Sandlers films a bit predictable from that era 4/10
Water Horse - What thu..:? 0/10

3/10 to the Nephew :s

Edit The Flying Scotsman - A low budget,low quality film about Graeme Obree.Missed opportunity,enough ingredients to make a great film

MalagaSheep
20-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Wedding crashers? Is that the one with the boy Hart?
If it is, I watched that with the wife The other night and found it quite funny too!

gruppenfuhrer
20-03-2016, 10:06 PM
bare behind bars was on the other night !

Aldo1983
20-03-2016, 10:12 PM
I saw Hail Ceaser the other day. If you like the Coen brothers then you'll like this.

elginred
20-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Wedding crashers? Is that the one with the boy Hart?
If it is, I watched that with the wife The other night and found it quite funny too!

Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan?

MalagaSheep
21-03-2016, 12:02 AM
Aye sorry elgin, it was The wedding Ringers

Pacman1903
26-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Found a DVD today that didnt know was in the hoos.

Hell Ride, Tarrantino had something to do with it

Just finished it.

Tripe

Is there a sh@ter actor than Vinny Jones?

Sidney77
26-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Watched "Guardians of the Galaxy" with the boys the other day and was quite impressed. Marvel, but with an edge as a bunch of anti-heroes need to work together. Some pretty amusing lines that went over the kids' heads and plenty of intergalactic scrapping.

scobiemacd
26-03-2016, 09:08 PM
The Revenant is brilliant.

RedhammerII
28-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Watched the last hunger game

Was alright.

scapegoat
28-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Pacman - Is there a sh@ter actor than Vinny Jones?

Aye, Kris Commons!

elginred
28-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Another random find by the nephew....

The life of Pi - An unusual idae for a film,but pretty watchable 7/10

Pacman1903
01-04-2016, 10:29 PM
The Legend of Barney Thomson

Decent watch, pretty funny in a dark way. Worth a watch

Pacman1903
04-04-2016, 09:15 PM
Any Western buffs on here. If so can you chuck up a list of decent ones that i can obtain legally for my offshore hard drive.

Cheers

GlezgaRed
05-04-2016, 10:30 AM
Any Western buffs on here. If so can you chuck up a list of decent ones that i can obtain legally for my offshore hard drive.

Cheers

The last recent made western that I watched was Open Range which was a good watch, must be 10-15 years old though !!!

Always enjoyed a Randolph Scott western as a youngster.

PittodriePile
05-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Watched Force Majeure on Netflix the other night - 9/10. Highly recommended and pretty funny - "A family on a ski holiday in the French Alps find themselves staring down an avalanche during lunch one day; in the aftermath, their dynamic has been shaken to its core, with a question mark hanging over their patriarch in particular."

Also looking forward to Midnight Special which is out on Friday, think I'll get myself along to watch it after a Dons win.

Pacman1903
05-04-2016, 06:32 PM
I watched Dumb and Dumber 2 today

Wish i f@cking didnt

Aldo1983
05-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Westworld is a favourite of mine Pacman. making a TV show of it as well. Not your usual western obviously.

Mason89
05-04-2016, 06:53 PM
On the subject of Westerns, saw this today --> - view external link (http://media.giphy.com/media/3ornk3noLGE88V6xFK/giphy.gif)

mondo_notion
05-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Open Range is one of my favourite films....

"We got a warrant sworn for attempted murder for them that tried to kill the boy who's laying over there at the Doc's, trying to stay alive. Swore out another one for them that murdered the big fella you had in your cell. Only ours ain't writ by no tin star, bought and paid for, Marshal. It's writ by us, and we aim to enforce it."

Everytime I watch it I turn the sound system up for the briliant shootout at the end, drives the neighbours crazy >:)

Steve1903
09-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Midnight Special.

This didn't connect for me. What's it about?. It's ET in human form but without the humour.
Was all a bit "meh" for me.

05car
09-04-2016, 10:04 PM
all time films (western) big country is an utterly brilliant film

then a whole bunch of eastwood classics

can't go wrong

Pacman1903
09-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Noticed cult classic B movie Killer Clowns From Outer Space" was on Netflix, ridiculously sh@t which makes it good.

elginred
10-04-2016, 08:27 AM
At the flicks last night and randomly picked a film called 'The man who knew infinity'. Based on a true story. A bit slow,but pretty watchable 6/10

side note - Havna been to the cinema for a couple of years,but last time I was,it was mobbed.Surprised at how few people were there.4 of us,and one other couple at our film.Very few at the other films for a Saturday night,but pubs hoaching nearby.
Out of fashion,or latest films just rubbish?

Steve1903
10-04-2016, 03:36 PM
At the flicks last night and randomly picked a film called 'The man who knew infinity'. Based on a true story. A bit slow,but pretty watchable 6/10

side note - Havna been to the cinema for a couple of years,but last time I was,it was mobbed.Surprised at how few people were there.4 of us,and one other couple at our film.Very few at the other films for a Saturday night,but pubs hoaching nearby.

I prefer going when it's quiet. Total of six on my latest visit.

Pacman1903
10-04-2016, 03:40 PM

I prefer going when it's quiet. Total of six on my latest visit.[/quote]

"legally" aquire the films and you can watch them yourself

Steve1903
10-04-2016, 06:25 PM
I prefer going when it's quiet. Total of six on my latest visit.[/quote]

"legally" aquire the films and you can watch them yourself[/quote]

Enjoy going to the cinema, helps me unwind.

Pacman1903
10-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Im trying to get into new things and decided to start watching old school horror/ b-movie horrorsl type films so i just watched "The Creature From The Black Lagoon" its twice as old as me and you can tell. But i imagine it was ace at the time.

Enjoyed it.

05car
10-04-2016, 07:19 PM
someone reco'd open range
just started itv 4

Barnared
10-04-2016, 07:40 PM
2 cartoons. 1 for the kids, Zootropolis is a pretty decent Disney flick with a few laughs.

1 for the older folks, Sausage Party. See the trailer Below. Looks like a laugh. - view external link (http://youtu.be/9VoNgLnjzVg)

Pacman1903
10-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Sausage Party :O

I dont want to know

Barnared
10-04-2016, 07:44 PM
XD

Link no working

Working now - view external link (http://youtu.be/9VoNgLnjzVg)

Steve1903
15-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Eddie The Eagle.
Bit lightweight for my taste, follows a similar path to Cool Runnings which was funnier. On returning home I had a look at wiki to see how much of the stuff in the film actually occurred. As it happens, not a hell of a lot. About the only thing that was accurate was that he finished last.

Pacman1903
15-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Watched Black Mass with Jonny Depp. Thought it would be better than it was due to the subject matter(Whitey Bulger). I wouldnt say it was bad. Just didnt live up to the hype i had in my head.

05car
15-04-2016, 10:20 PM
the make up tho the make up ooft

blinlemon
15-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Any idea when the Miles Davis film's on release?

elginred
16-04-2016, 07:03 AM
Any idea when the Miles Davis film's on release?

Released on 22 April according to link - view external link (http://www.myvue.com/latest-movies/info/film/miles-ahead)

mondo_notion
16-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Deep Web....

Was at a loose end and watched this. It's about that American chap who allegedly started that 'Silk Road' website which allowed users to buy and sell all sorts of illegal stuff anonymously. An incredible amount of time, money and resources pumped in to figuring out who was the mastermind of it all. F.B.I, State police, customs, postal service and , it seems, with a little bit of help from the National Security Agency when they needed the dirty part of the investigation to be done.

Can't help feel for the guy who is now serving a life term with out the possibility of parole. Some dodgy, and maybe illegal methods by the feds to identify him, 5000 thousand page documents only handed over a week before trial, defence witnesses banned from taking the stand. Guy had no chance. They wanted a conviction and nothing was going to stop them getting it.

And all this for nothing, as multiple other similar sites are popping up all over in it's place.

The war on drugs c

pwlp
17-04-2016, 09:23 AM
Go to The Belmont a couple of times a month at least. Seen some excellent films and some less so, but much prefer it there than the herds of popcorn guzzling sheep at the multiplexes. The films are generally more interesting than the average big screen ****e too. Saw Dheepan last w/e, about a family of Sri Lankan refugees stuck in a drug dealing area of some French city. Pretty interesting and extremely well acted.

gervaise_brookhampst
17-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Watched Hail Caesar last night......Wife fell asleep , I ploughed on hoping it would get better..........It didn't.

Landvetter83
17-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Caught "Eye in the Sky" at the picture-house yesterday.

Good stuff. Covered a lot of issues. Made me think of my comment in the Brussels terrorist attack thread - these f@@kers don't play by our rules - so why should we?

Alan Rickman's last ever film.

Pacman1903
17-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Just watched the original Frankenstein (1931) with Boris Karloff

Got to love the old school. Enjoyed it.

Steve1903
18-04-2016, 09:51 PM
[quote="Landvetter83" at the picture-house yesterday.

Good stuff. Covered a lot of issues. Made me think of my comment in the Brussels terrorist attack thread - these f@@kers don't play by our rules - so why should we?[/quote]

because that way we can at least pretend to be the good guys.

Pacman1903
18-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Bride of Frankenstein tonight. Also highly enjoyable

Was over quickly, cant be much longer than an hour.

Just downloaded ten other Boris Karloff films.

Steve1903
22-04-2016, 10:35 AM
In a moment of boredom last night I found myself at the cinema watching The Boy. Expectations for this one were absolutely zero but I have to admit it was surprisingly ok. Bonus was getting the place to myself.

Pacman1903
27-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Had time to burn today so watched the original Planet of the Apes, the 1968 Charlton Heston film.

Never seen it before and i have to say its fantastic viewing

"get your stinking paws of me you damned dirty ape"

Steve1903
27-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Had time to burn today so watched the original Planet of the Apes, the 1968 Charlton Heston film.

"get your stinking paws of me you damned dirty ape"

...said the chimp to Heston.

Pacman1903
28-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Deadpool

Thught it was decent. Funny, hottie, decent fight scenes. Didnt know how the boy Reynolds would work but hes fitted in perfectly. Surely theres a sequal

Aldo1983
28-04-2016, 12:01 PM
I watched Commando rather than the football the other night. It's the greatest film ever. No debate needed.

Pacman1903
28-04-2016, 03:43 PM
Just watched the Toxic Avenger. Load of cheesy 80s pish

AberdeenArnold
28-04-2016, 03:50 PM
I watched Commando rather than the football the other night. It's the greatest film ever. No debate needed.

I eat Green Berets for breakfast

Pacman1903
28-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Simple tastes Aldo min.

Got some ace Arnie one liners in it though.

The intro at the start where one minute hes lifting a huge log, then next minute hes feeding a deer out the palm of his hand. Cringeworthy stuff

elginred
28-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Watched a few older DVDs the last couple of weeks

Everything must go,with Will Ferrell - Decent watch 6/10
World Trade Centre - Wasnt sure what to expect,but not bad 7/10
Catch me if you can - Good watch 8/10

Aldo1983
28-04-2016, 04:18 PM
With his big cheesy fake grin and James Horner's superb menacing soundtrack playing. Great intro.

What a career he has in the 80s ending with Total Recall.

I'm sure he was nervous about doing Conan and John Milius said it's OK we don't care that you can't act and sound like that.

Pacman1903
28-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Why have i never seen these before. I missed out for years

Pacman1903
29-04-2016, 11:09 AM
I knew the Ramones were in Rock n Roll Highschool so i watched it

Wish i didnt

Goalposter
29-04-2016, 11:30 AM

I think Predator is brilliant escapism.

AberdeenArnold
29-04-2016, 11:55 AM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2db8pc8.jpg

Aldo1983
29-04-2016, 12:50 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/8yuref.jpg

Pacman1903
29-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Just finished An Act Of War (2015), no big actors, black n white apart from about 5 seconds. Dark film about a soldier back from one of the wars in the sand and hes scarred. Guessed it half way through. Nae terrible.

Buc
29-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Richard Gere . Time out of mind
What a cracking film that really is he plays the homeless man superbly .

Pacman1903
29-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Escape From The Planet Of The Apes

Nae as good as the first two

mondo_notion
29-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Going to try Eddie the Eagle after have i got news for you has finished. Think it's about a stunt rider jumping cars on skis or something, should be good.

Pacman1903
30-04-2016, 06:44 PM
The Man From U.N.C.L.E

Ach it was ok

Steve1903
30-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Eye In The Sky.

Concur with earlier posts, it's a good watch. I have my doubts whether there would really be that much mental anguish at the decision which was to be made, however the cowardice of our politicians and gung ho attitude of the US side is easily believeable.

Overall a good 8.5/10 from me.

Pacman1903
30-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Dirty Harry

Classic

"no wonder hes called Dirty, he always gets the sh@tty end of the stick"

Sidney77
30-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Just watched Terminator with the eldest lad. Rites of passage moment. Classic.

Pacman1903
01-05-2016, 08:20 AM
Just watched Terminator with the eldest lad. Rites of passage moment. Classic.

Next up Robocop? (the original obviously)

In fact im going to watch that at some point today.

Pacman1903
01-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.

Uh oh, the Apes are now in control :O

Pacman1903
01-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Straight Outta Compton

Pretty good watch, almost 3 hours. Its quite interesting but im pretty sure they are shown in a better light than they were actually in real life. Thats my only issue.

Ice Cubes loon=no need for a paternity test there. Its verging on a clone(he plays Ice Cube)

Brian Grantland
01-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Straight Outta Compton

Pretty good watch, almost 3 hours. Its quite interesting but im pretty sure they are shown in a better light than they were actually in real life. Thats my only issue.

Ice Cubes loon=no need for a paternity test there. Its verging on a clone(he plays Ice Cube)

History is written by the victors

Pacman1903
01-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Straight Outta Compton

History is written by the victors[/quote]

What if its a draw?

Pacman1903
02-05-2016, 11:56 AM
The Mechanic

Was on my hard drive and i didnt realise it was a Statham film or it wouldnt have been on my hard drive. But i started so i would finish

Basically Statham talks the only way Statham knows how, ie in Stathams own voice, Statham is hard, Statham kills people, Statham maims people, you think Statham is dead but ken Stathams nae, Stathams alive, Statham wins

Garbage

Steve1903
02-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Bastille Day.
Oofft, where to begin. Best viewed post lobotomy. Ridiculous shallow storyline. Even the screen prescence of Idris Elba can't save this. Predict you'll find this on the Poundland dvd shelf before the end of the year so save your money for that.

Aldo1983
02-05-2016, 01:56 PM
The Mechanic

Was on my hard drive and i didnt realise it was a Statham film or it wouldnt have been on my hard drive. But i started so i would finish

Basically Statham talks the only way Statham knows how, ie in Stathams own voice, Statham is hard, Statham kills people, Statham maims people, you think Statham is dead but ken Stathams nae, Stathams alive, Statham wins

Garbage

There's a perfectly good original version. My old grandfaither claimed it was his favourite film. Must have been about 8 when he let me watch it. VHS taped off the telly in a case that made it look like an old book.

Pacman1903
03-05-2016, 08:04 AM
After earlier talk, i watched Robocop this morning

Still one of my favourite films ever and definitely still my favourite villain.

The legendary Clarence Bod****er.

http://i68.tinypic.com/30jll5d.png

Edit-canna even type his hes that bad ass

Pacman1903
03-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Battle for the Planet of the Apes

Ace

Pacman1903
03-05-2016, 12:52 PM
This is the End

Seth Rogan, Danny McBride, Jonah Hill and that lot

Crap

Buc
03-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Saw Saturday night fever the other day its a classic from the DISCO era with some great 70s hits.

Only watched it about 10 times..

Got the late 70s movie that got banned in America when it came out The Warriors another classic.will watch that again before the fitba comes on the night.

Another classic was Car Wash great family fun.

The Jericho Mile was superb I'm trying to get that on the android box but the film quality on it is very poor.

Pacman1903
03-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Got the late 70s movie that got banned in America when it came out The Warriors.

Come out to plaaaaayyyyyeeee

Buc
04-05-2016, 06:27 AM
Got the late 70s movie that got banned in America when it came out The Warriors.

Come out to plaaaaayyyyyeeee[/quote]

I think cos it got banned in America certainly helped with its success..all time classic for sure.

Pacman1903
04-05-2016, 09:04 AM
A Nightmare on Elm Street

Its as old as me, a young Jonny Depp getting sooked into his bed and spat out as blood being the highlight

donsdaft
04-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Nae keen on films.

I watched one being filmed in my street a couple of years ago though.

I think it's due out in August, obviously I'm tempted to go and see it as it was quite interesting watching the filming.
It's a science fiction thing though so I'm not sure I could sit through it.

Will one of you lads go and watch it for me and tell me how s'hite it is?
It's going to be called Spectral.

Pacman1903
04-05-2016, 11:31 AM
A Nightmare On Elm Street 2-Freddys Revenge

Nae cool deaths in this one, mostly neck slashing. Booooo

Steve1903
14-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Our Kind Of Traitor.
Lots of things wrong with this movie but still an ok watch.
It's a wee bit slow, somewhat lightweight with a slightly silly plot. Not even convinced the title of the film is particularly apt. There again the bad guys are all rich, powerful and/or politicians so that's right up my street.

mondo_notion
14-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Our Kind Of Traitor.
It's a wee bit slow, somewhat lightweight with a slightly silly plot. Not even convinced the title of the film is particularly apt. There again the bad guys are all rich, powerful and/or politicians so that's right up my street.

Was that at the cinema or 'legally' acquired online?

Steve1903
14-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Our Kind Of Traitor.

Was that at the cinema or 'legally' acquired online?[/quote]

Cinema

Pacman1903
14-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Classic comedy tonight. One from the pacman all time classic film list

Private Parts.

Cheap Trick on the soundtrack too :D . Briefly but they are there

Brian Grantland
14-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Speaking of class comedies

http://www.radiotimes.com/film/nbwjy/weird-science

Whoever did this review (John Ferguson) is just a dour nobber

leontrotsky
15-05-2016, 05:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rdOFcRE.jpg

except for last half hour , class film

GlezgaRed
16-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Deadpool, reckon that'll be a BluRay purchase.

Pacman1903
16-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Deadpool, reckon that'll be a BluRay purchase.

i thought it was quality too

OneBrianIrvine
17-05-2016, 04:26 PM
New Carry On film on the horizon. Yuck.

I'm sure they played a part in most of our formative years but an anachronism now.

Pacman1903
17-05-2016, 06:38 PM
I watched Spaceballs today.

Its held in high regard in the comedy world but its nae as good as alot of Mel Brooks films on my opinion. Never has been either

Steve1903
20-05-2016, 11:40 PM
The Darkness.
Long time since I've seen a decent horror film. The search didn't end here.
Is Kevin Bacon in financial trouble? or maybe he owed the director a favour. Something must lie behind his decision to take part in this. I'll be generous and give it 4/10.

Stoney_Scarfer
21-05-2016, 04:26 AM

Its held in high regard in the comedy world but its nae as good as alot of Mel Brooks films on my opinion. Never has been either

First movie that I recall having Bill Pullman in.

Agree with you though Pac, its not a patch on Blazing Saddles.

Stoney_Scarfer
21-05-2016, 04:30 AM
Has anyone seen the trailer for the remake of Lethal Weapon?

All in all, it looks okish but what is it about Hollywood these days that they can't think up anything new.

How many great films from the past have they decided to bring back and royally phooked it!

I absolutely refuse to watch the remake of Point Break as the original was brilliant. same goes for Footloose.
Next thing it'll be Top Gun at which point, I will probably be found crying in a corner.

Luckily though, Trainspotting 2 is coming out in the not too distant future with the original cast involved. Not sure if it has been mentioned on here already.

AberdeenArnold
21-05-2016, 07:30 AM
Just watched the Lethal Weapon trailer, it looks truly awful.

The first one defined the genre of buddy cop movies, I hate when they try to remake classics.

Do something new Hollywood.

It did make me want to watch the original though, perhaps that's the point.

Stoney_Scarfer
21-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Make sure its the full uncut version then AA as its far more entertaining.
With regard to LW, the first two were excellent but it lost its street cred with the third and by the time they got to the fourth, the studio execs were basically just milking it......

Goalposter
21-05-2016, 10:53 PM
Has anyone seen the trailer for the remake of Lethal Weapon?

All in all, it looks okish but what is it about Hollywood these days that they can't think up anything new.

How many great films from the past have they decided to bring back and royally phooked it!

I absolutely refuse to watch the remake of Point Break as the original was brilliant. same goes for Footloose.
Next thing it'll be Top Gun at which point, I will probably be found crying in a corner.

Luckily though, Trainspotting 2 is coming out in the not too distant future with the original cast involved. Not sure if it has been mentioned on here already.

Agreed.

But i would like a remake of the classic Westworld.

I think they could do a great job of that.

Pacman1903
21-05-2016, 11:01 PM

Agree with you though Pac, its not a patch on Blazing Saddles.[/quote]

Classic

Theres also High Anxiety

Or Robin Hood Men In Tights

The latter being a highly under rated Mel Brooks film.

Nae Huns
21-05-2016, 11:03 PM
UK DK

Goalposter
26-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Watched the Grimsby Brothers last night.

Sacha baron cohen's new film.

Thought it was quite good actually.

Was pishing maself at a few scenes.

The 2nd scene at start is quite clever too.

:)

Stoney_Scarfer
26-05-2016, 08:29 AM

Agree with you though Pac, its not a patch on Blazing Saddles.[/quote]

Classic

Theres also High Anxiety

Or Robin Hood Men In Tights

The latter being a highly under rated Mel Brooks film.[/quote]

Can't say that I've ever heard of High Anxiety (apart from the dying minutes at Pittodrie with a flimsy 1-0 lead) and it has been a number of years since I watched Robin Hood Men Tights but do recall that it was pretty amusing.
IIRC, it was Cary Elwes who played the part of the Arrow Happy Hero with a few cameo's thrown in, notably Patrick Stewart at the end as King Richard the Lionheart.

Goalposter
26-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Mel brooks films are 90% absolute sh*te.

Aldo1983
28-05-2016, 09:27 AM
I watched escape from NY for the millionth time after all the chat on here.

Never really thought about it but why do so many people know who he is when they live in a massive prison island with no communication to the outside world?

Still a great film. For every great film he done an utter pish one as well though.

mondo_notion
28-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Been waiting a while for a descent version of 13 hours in Benghazi to come out. Watched it mid-week and really enjoyed it, best war film I've watched in a long time.

One of the last and most dangerous American embassies left in Libya just after the uprising gets attacked by some disgruntled locals. It's up to Jim from the 'American Office' and his buddies to hold them off until help arrives.

Jim actually gives a really good performance. Going to watch it again tonight.

AberdeenArnold
29-05-2016, 09:05 PM
With regard to LW, the first two were excellent but it lost its street cred with the third and by the time they got to the fourth, the studio execs were basically just milking it......

Just watched Lethal Weapon, just to rid that remake trailer from my mind.

What a totally brilliant movie, they don't make them like that nowadays.

Rigggsss

Murtaughhhh XD

Brian Grantland
29-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Shane Black who wrote the original LW has made Nice Guys that is out this week...

Pacman1903
29-05-2016, 10:59 PM

Just watched Lethal Weapon, just to rid that remake trailer from my mind.

What a totally brilliant movie, they don't make them like that nowadays.

Rigggsss

Murtaughhhh XD
[/quote]

"im too old for this sh@t"

Steve1903
04-06-2016, 12:28 AM
Race.

The Jesse Owens story.
Enough in this guy's life to make an uplifting and inspirational film. Must have taken some doing to have it turn out so "meh".

Even worse, pre movie they showed the trailer for the upcoming Independence Day sequel. Or was it for a new Transformers film? Hard to tell the difference by the looks of the trailer. Sadly, that looks shiite as well.

Pacman1903
16-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Eddie The Eagle

Watched it on the plane last night. Decent feel good, easy to watch time filler. Enjoyed it, raised a few laughs too.

I knew the basics of ETE but his story is quite remarkable

Pacman1903
18-06-2016, 11:59 AM
The Mummy (1932)

Great viewing. Cant believe i havent seen all the classic Karloff films, that goes for Lee and Lugosi too

gervaise_brookhampst
18-06-2016, 12:44 PM
13 Hours... The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Bit of a Blackhawk Down feel about it but not as good. Still enjoyed it though a solid 7/10

Brian Grantland
18-06-2016, 02:16 PM
13 Hours... The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Bit of a Blackhawk Down feel about it but not as good. Still enjoyed it though a solid 7/10

I compare all those fillums to black hawk down and they generally come up way short. This was decent but had a few real huh moments in it.

Pacman1903
19-06-2016, 06:35 PM
The Fly (1958)

Classic viewing

mondo_notion
19-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Hungover, sh*tty weather, perfect day for lying on the sofa with a few films.

X-Men Apocalypse - crap, franchise has been milked dry then milked again.

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot - Tina Fey playing the journalist travelling to Afghanistan to escape her dull life in New York. the lovely Margot Robbie also stars. A good comedy/war film for a Sunday only spoiled by Tim from the Office appearing with a celtic scarf and a sh*t weegie accent. WTF? indeed. 6/10

leontrotsky
20-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Grimsby......hit n miss , mostly miss but a couple of decent set pieces .

Pacman1903
21-06-2016, 09:16 AM
Return of the Fly

Quality stuff

Pacman1903
22-06-2016, 05:42 AM
House of Wax (1953)

Good film, carrying on the old school horror. Good old Vincent Price

GlezgaRed
22-06-2016, 11:47 AM
House of Wax (1953)

Good film, carrying on the old school horror. Good old Vincent Price

Witchfinder General starring Vincent Price is one of my favourite films, a classic.

Pacman1903
22-06-2016, 12:11 PM
Witchfinder General starring Vincent Price is one of my favourite films, a classic.

"my name is Matthew Hopkins, Witchfinder!"

Vincent Price is ace

Brian Grantland
22-06-2016, 03:16 PM
watched drug war
chinese film
nae great but nae bad
when the chinese polis go in
they go in

Pacman1903
23-06-2016, 05:37 AM
The Oblong Box (1969)

Another Vincent Price, good film, id put it up there with the Fly or The House of Wax, it was pretty good.

I like the fact his films seem to be around the 1.5 hour mark. fine length of time, instead of the trend of over two hours that you get these days.

Nae fitba tonight, gonna be a film fest

Pacman1903
24-06-2016, 09:16 AM
Pandemic (2016)

Another "oh no the worlds population is being wiped out by a virus" film

Pish, deleted off hard drive without going in the watched folder that Mrs Pac has a look through when im home. Straight in the recycle bin with the the bin being emptied straight away

Pacman1903
24-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Birdman (The Unexpected Virtue Of Innocence)

Michael Keaton and Edward Norton with a few others

Enjoyed that. A really dark humoured filn about a washed up actor (Keaton) trying to succeed on Broadway with his own play.

Good watch

Pacman1903
26-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Pixels. Holy f@ck i wish i hadnt

Pacman1903
27-06-2016, 05:48 AM
Scanners (1981)

Watched this as it is mentioned on Waynes World.It was ok, subject matter nae my cup of tea but I have seen far worse.

The guys head exploding is cool as f@ck though

Pacman1903
28-06-2016, 05:44 AM
The Black Cat (1934)

Lugosi and Karloff

quite a good storyline, wasn't too bad a watch. Nae really a movie, more a short film as its 1 hr 2 mins long. Theres something about these old flicks that appeals to me

Barnared
28-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Benny and Joon 1993.

Early Depp. Saw it years ago but watched again the other day and I still liked it.

Pacman1903
29-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Night of the Living Dead (1969)

Actings cheesy but adds to the charm of it. The bit where the dude punches Barbra in the face for slapping him is comedy gold though

Pacman1903
30-06-2016, 05:17 AM
Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure (1989)

An old classic, stored in my "greatest films ever" folder. Bill and Ted films and Waynes World films are my favourite comedies. Seen the heaps of times but still love them

Canna wait for the new een to come out.

"San Dimas High School Football rules!"

Barnared
30-06-2016, 08:24 AM
Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure (1989)

An old classic, stored in my "greatest films ever" folder. Bill and Ted films and Waynes World films are my favourite comedies. Seen the heaps of times but still love them

Canna wait for the new een to come out.

"San Dimas High School Football rules!"

Strange things are afoot at the circle - k

Pacman1903
02-07-2016, 05:11 AM
The Brothers Grimsby (2016)

Ach it filled in time. Nae ace, nae sh@te. A couple of laughs, silly story. Pretty much the same as all Sacha Baron Cohen films (apart from Bruno). Nae the kind of film I would have went to the cinema for but an easy watch.

Highlight, the stupendously lovely and awesome Isla Fisher is in it.

Pacman1903
03-07-2016, 08:49 PM
Rock The Kasbah (2015)

Bill Murray was in it so i gave it ago. Ach it wasnt sh@te. Didnt put me up (except seeing Kate Hudson in some revealing get ups) or down

BM is a manager of musicians and he finds himself in Afghanistan where he finds an amazing female singer(which is forbidden)

Pacman1903
04-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Silverado (1985)

Slow starter but gets good. Have a heap of Westerns to get through. Randomly picked this

Quite a star studded cast too. Glover, Costner, Goldblum, Cleese, Klein

The_Verninator
04-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Don't usually go on this - in case you pr*cks give spoilers

Especially now that i'm too lazy and tight arsed to go to the pictures (pretty much download everything now)

**** and illegal downloading - thanks Tim Berners-Lee

The Brothers Grimsby - p*shed myself - my cup of tea humour wise

Green Room - tight/tense well directed little film - reminded me of Assault on Precinct 13 (a classic)

Midnight Special - excellent film - well directed and acted

Gods of Egypt - pile of sh*t

Dads Army - pile of ...

13 Hours The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi - excellent

London Has Fallen - pile of horse ...

Barnared
04-07-2016, 09:38 PM

Really? Was looking forward to seeing it.

The_Verninator
05-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Really? Was looking forward to seeing it.

As always - just my opinion - watch it to see how bad it is

Pacman1903
05-07-2016, 03:08 PM
Gods of Egypt - pile of sh*t

:O Thats my choice for tonight

elginred
05-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Some random old dvds we picked up cheapo

Two Brothers - About 2 young tigers spereated early,but reunited later.Unusual film but well filmed and a decent watch

The Core - Admirable attempt but didnt quite work for me

Independence Day - As above

Wimbledon - Scheidt

Pacman1903
05-07-2016, 06:57 PM
:O Thats my choice for tonight

Then again maybe not as VLC player doesnt play the type of file.

Pacman1903
05-07-2016, 08:36 PM
After my Gods of Egypt fail i opted for

Gaurdians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Really liked it. Way better than i expected. Good effects. Liked Rocket, hes a funny wee c@nt, Michael Rookers in it too which was a decent surprise.

Redtothebone
05-07-2016, 09:10 PM
After my Gods of Egypt fail i opted for

Gaurdians Of The Galaxy (2014)

Really liked it. Way better than i expected. Good effects. Liked Rocket, hes a funny wee c@nt, Michael Rookers in it too which was a decent surprise.

Best Marvel movie IMHO second one due soon ��

AberdeenArnold
05-07-2016, 09:52 PM

I liked it, it was funny but not how was intended.

Telling a terrorist to "Go back to F@ckheadastan" still makes me laugh now XD XD

AberdeenArnold
05-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Watched Jaws last night.

Don't often crank the bass and soundbar up but this was an exception.

It will always be a classic, absolutely faultless throughout.

Duh dun Duh dun Duh dun Duhhhhhhh dun dun :P

Pacman1903
06-07-2016, 05:21 AM
Best Marvel movie IMHO second one due soon ��

Excellent

The_Verninator
06-07-2016, 04:25 PM
Then again maybe not as VLC player doesnt play the type of file.

VLC player - you watching on your PC ?

I have a media player under the TV - plays pretty much all video/audio/picture file formats/codecs

Reliable and easy to use - only need a usb

The_Verninator
06-07-2016, 04:27 PM
I liked it, it was funny but not how was intended.

Telling a terrorist to "Go back to F@ckheadastan" still makes me laugh now XD XD

I liked the 1st one - but now with cheesy/poor special effects they want another Die Hard franchise

Pacman1903
06-07-2016, 08:37 PM
VLC player - you watching on your PC ?

I have a media player under the TV - plays pretty much all video/audio/picture file formats/codecs

Reliable and easy to use - only need a usb
my tablet is my cinema affshore and vlc has never let me down with any file untill last night
That film last night was a something id never seen. It was a F something something file. Dinna have it on me just now. Nae a big deal as i have a terrabyte of watchable sh@t with me

Pacman1903
08-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Jeruzalem (2015)

F@cking awful

Pacman1903
08-07-2016, 08:37 PM
Road to Perdition(2002)

Surprised id never seen it as ive seen most of Hanks' films. Nae bad. Hanks makes a decent good bad ass(if that makes sense)Passed the night without soccer.

Fit next tonight

Aldo1983
09-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Casino - Probably my favourite film by Scorsese. Also one of the best performances from De Niro and on seeing something about him the other day...probably the last good film he has been in.

Sideways - hadn't seen it since I went to the pictures when it came out. I loved it then but love it even more now. Into my top 10 it goes.

The_Verninator
09-07-2016, 06:32 PM
Casino - Probably my favourite film by Scorsese. Also one of the best performances from De Niro and on seeing something about him the other day...probably the last good film he has been in.

Sideways - hadn't seen it since I went to the pictures when it came out. I loved it then but love it even more now. Into my top 10 it goes.

Great minds and all that...just re-watched Casino after many years...great film

It's a shame Joe Pesci pretty much retired

Aldo1983
09-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Great minds and all that...just re-watched Casino after many years...great film

It's a shame Joe Pesci pretty much retired

He's been rumoured to be in a new Scorsese film with Pacino and De Niro. All three have become pish after their purple patch.

GlezgaRed
16-07-2016, 02:17 AM
Colossus: The Forbin Project (classic 70s sci-fi) - 8/10

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 & 2 (struggled with Part 1) - 5/10 & 7/10

Insurgent - 7/10

Pacman1903
17-07-2016, 10:48 PM
The Fundamentals Of Caring (2016)

A netflix film recommended by a pal. A dark comedy buddy movie with Paul Rudd. Quite liked it.

mondo_notion
17-07-2016, 11:45 PM
Boring Sunday, I watched 'the purge: election year'

I knew it was never going to be a great film but kept me engrossed enough to enjoy it. Easy watching, rainy Sunday afternoon flick. Available in HD on 123.movies.to

Brian Grantland
18-07-2016, 11:21 AM
everybody wants some
okay but nowhere near it's predecessor dazed and confused
6/10

Pacman1903
21-07-2016, 10:16 PM
Rush (2013)

Good film. Enjoyed it alot.Daniel Brühl is bloody good as Lauda in it.

Barnared
21-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Saw Shutter Island the other day.

It's a little predictable but very watchable. Di Caprio isn't bad in it

MalagaSheep
24-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Triple 9, i liked it, Very good

CELL. zombie movie, horror type thing! No idea why i watched the whole thing as it was no my kinda film. Shyte!

Three_crazz
24-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Channel 4, just now Finding Nemo. Brilliant.

Pacman1903
24-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Sin City- A Dame To Kill For (2014)

Was a good enough watch. Nae as good as the first one

Brian Grantland
24-07-2016, 08:11 PM
walter mitty on ch 4
relevant to some I'd say...

Pacman1903
24-07-2016, 08:13 PM
walter mitty on ch 4
relevant to some I'd say...

Insert laughing face

Pacman1903
24-07-2016, 08:32 PM
XD XD

Just noticed theres more faces if you select "more"

Pacman1903
24-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Fantastic Four(2005)

Just doubled up on Jessica Alba accidently tonight, but im not complaining. Got heaps of superhero/comic films off a dude offshore. Thought id blast through this trilogy. 1 down. Nae bad. A bit like an introduction. Easy to watch and Albas nae bad on the eye

The_Verninator
25-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Colossus: The Forbin Project (classic 70s sci-fi) - 8/10

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 & 2 (struggled with Part 1) - 5/10 & 7/10

Insurgent - 7/10

I watched the last The Divergent : Allegiant - load of sh1t...only watched it for the lovely Shailene Woodley...who is near the top of my kidnap 2016 list

Batman The Killing Joke - ok but nothing special

Keanu - fun but nothing special

Hardcore Henry - really enjoyed that...although you might get a sore head watching it

Batman v Superman - great effects...although they messed up Doomsday

The new Justice League trailer doesn't look too bad...without any action/special effects shots

Wonder Woman trailer looks good too

Pacman1903
28-07-2016, 07:10 AM
Everybody Wants Some. (2016)

Second film set in a bygone era from the writer of the fantastic Dazed and Confuzed. Easy watch and is pretty much the same film about a group goung to parties ,drinking, f@cking and smoking weed but its college students instead of High School

It was alright but has nothing on D&C ."freshman batting practice" made me laugh

Pacman1903
28-07-2016, 11:02 AM
The Man Who Changed His Mind (1936)

Karloff again. This time as a mad scientist swapping the minds of people. Nae bad.

gervaise_brookhampst
28-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Nae a great fan of remakes but I think this could be good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E591L_sxw-k&feature=youtu.be

mondo_notion
29-07-2016, 06:08 PM
No idea what it is about but not looked forward to a film this much in a long time. Suicide squad looks brilliant. Might even go to the picture house to see it. Is the cinema still open in Inverurie? :O

Margot Robbie and Cara Delevigne are in it so that is good enough for me :heart:

Pacman1903
29-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Is the cinema still open in Inverurie? :O
:

If you want a pint and cheap grub surrounded by zoomers and bawbags it is

scobiemacd
29-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Eye in the Sky. Helen Mirren. Started off ok, but when it ended I was left thinking " Is that it?".

Also saw Deadpool recently which was a great concept and funny in parts but could have been a so much better.

Pacman1903
30-07-2016, 05:22 AM
13 Hours-The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

It was pretty good. But holy sh@t its affa long. If you have a spare half a day give it a bash

mondo_notion
30-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Eye in the Sky. Helen Mirren. Started off ok, but when it ended I was left thinking " Is that it?".

Also saw Deadpool recently which was a great concept and funny in parts but could have been a so much better.

13 Hours-The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

It was pretty good. But holy sh@t its affa long. If you have a spare half a day give it a bash

I enjoyed both of them but you are right with Eye in the sky. It did seem to drag on a bit and don't think Helen Mirren was just the greatest choice to play her character.

There is a bit at the end of the battle in 13 hours where they are totally surrounded by bad guys, mortars and all, then all of a sudden they all just seem to miraculously disappear in to mid air. Spoiled it for me a bit. Thought Jim from the office was good though.

Inverurie cinema was ace. Watched many a film back there in the day. Less than £83 for a packet of sweets to.

Three_crazz
30-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Me and her indoors away to watch a la la download of Jaws. "Tin , Tin , Tin , Tin , Tin , Tin, Tara , . Tin , Tin , Tin , Tin , Tin , Tin, Tara
Din da da din !!!

Three_crazz
30-07-2016, 07:34 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/156b6zd.jpg

MalagaSheep
30-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Watched Jason Bourne the day! :star::star:

Pacman1903
10-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Batman vs Superman

To start, brushing out your side parton and wearing specs is a sh@te disguise. I saw through it Clarke min

Nae that great of a film. Like a superhero flick but thought this was sh@te

But...........Wonder Woman is a f@cking babe

Pacman1903
11-08-2016, 06:47 AM
Everest (2015)

Alright i suppose. Didny put me up nor down

Pacman1903
12-08-2016, 05:36 AM
The Nice Guys (2016)

Russell Crowe Ryan Goslin. Was ok, set in the 70s,about a private investigator and a tough guy looking for a girl who had gone missing, they also have to find a copy of a ****o. Its all a race against time before baddies get their hands on both. Nae bad

Crowe hasnt half stuck on the beef these days

Pacman1903
13-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Central Intelligence (2016)

Couple of laughs but generally pish. Dinna bother

Redtothebone
14-08-2016, 02:19 AM
The Room /HAIL CAESAR/Bone tomahawk /Captain America 3/Green Room .............Enjoy

Pacman1903
14-08-2016, 06:50 AM
Universal Soldier (1992)

Hadnt seen it in at least 20 years. Remember it being better than it actually is.(maybe to do with the fact I was about 12 last time I saw it) Disappointed

Pacman1903
16-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Blood Fiend (1967)

Christopher Lee. It was ok. Predictable. Have to say, in the battle of the horror actors Vincent Price stand well above the rest

Pacman1903
18-08-2016, 05:41 AM
Natural Born Killers (1994)

Had never seen the whole film for whatever reason. Didn't put me up nor down. Woody Harrelson is good actor though

Pacman1903
19-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Hail Caesar(2016)

Utter sh@te

Pacman1903
20-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Evil Dead (2013)

Bloody hell ive watched some rotten films this trip but this takes the biscuit. Utter utter utter crap

Snecks Diazepam night was far more entertaining