PDA

View Full Version : O/T - Censorship / Omission / Political Correctness

ParkgateMiller
09-01-2016, 11:01 AM
For several years now I’ve supplemented my BBC news intake with foreign offerings (particularly Russia Today and Al Jazeera), as I feel that I get a more balanced view on the world as well as stories that I otherwise would not get. For example, I get to know far more about the true situation between the Palestinians and Israeli’s.

I know and (sadly) expect that my BBC news is too often censored – but it seems to me that a lot of this censorship now is not merely by distorting the reality – but more often now it just censors by omission, ‘non-reporting’ of situations. Political Correctness?

I heard on RT a couple of days earlier than it was reported on the BBC, about the assaults, robberies and ***ual assaults in Cologne, Hamburg and Stuttgart on New Year’s Eve – and seemingly committed by up to a thousand (1,000) organised immigrants / asylum seekers / refugee’s of ‘North African’ or ‘Middle Eastern’ origin. We’re all aware how this stuff is swept under the carpet in Britain!

KerrAvon
09-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Does that go for the Jewish Beth Din Courts that have operated in this country for over 100 years too?

And what about the Arbitration scheme operated by ABTA that allows people to settle disputes with travel companies without resorting to the English courts and the similar schemes operated by other bodies? Should they be closed too?

If people wish to settle disputes in tribunals other than those offer by HM Courts and Tribunal Service why shouldn't they? What's the problem?

jolly_roger
09-01-2016, 11:09 AM
The BBC has been doing the soft propaganda for years now.

Take for example their coverage of boat people in Kos. The "news facts" are there, ie coming ashore in rubber boats, some drowning, numbers etc. But the BBC spread out the "facts" and hunt out a child refugee in a wheelchair and give you 15 minutes of a sob story. If they cant find a disabled one they interview the refugee brain surgeon. They don't attempt to talk to (or even show) the mobs of young blokes with no skills, no desire to work but just wanting to get to Europe for the handouts. They find Libyans in the crowd but fail to point out that the mob also has a very high percentage of "asylum" seekers from other countries like Pakistan that have no current conflict.

i see now that the man in charge of the police in Cologne has been suspended for hushing up the fact that most of the trouble making gropers were newly arrived immigrants. no doubt he spent some work experience with Rotherham police.

jolly_roger
09-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Does that go for the Jewish Beth Din Courts that have operated in this country for over 100 years too?

And what about the Arbitration scheme operated by ABTA that allows people to settle disputes with travel companies without resorting to the English courts and the similar schemes operated by other bodies? Should they be closed too?

If people wish settle disputes in tribunals other than those offer by HM Courts and Tribunal Service why shouldn't they? What's the problem?

Unregulated and done in secret with no published outcomes, no appeals and it's a system biased against women, homo***uals and others. How many more problems do you want?

ParkgateMiller
09-01-2016, 11:21 AM
Kerr - pay more attention. 7 minutes for you is a very slow response time! ;D

It will be interesting to see the demonstration by the Right wingers later on today in Cologne. Amazingly, there is also a planned counter-demo by the left, presumably in support of the gropers, robbers and rapists!

KerrAvon
09-01-2016, 11:22 AM

If people wish settle disputes in tribunals other than those offer by HM Courts and Tribunal Service why shouldn't they? What's the problem?

Unregulated and done in secret with no published outcomes, no appeals and it's a system biased against women, homo***uals and others. How many more problems do you want?[/quote]So you are against the Jewish Courts too? And ABTA who do not have public hearings, published outcomes or an appeal route that I am aware of (they probably don't have view on homo***uality or women’s rights).

The point is that Beth D

KerrAvon
09-01-2016, 11:25 AM
Kerr - pay more attention. 7 minutes for you is a very slow response time! ;D

It will be interesting to see the demonstration by the Right wingers later on today in Cologne. Amazingly, there is also a planned counter-demo by the left, presumably in support of the gropers, robbers and rapists!I was in the area. I beat Jolly by a minute and he's not even mentioned Wikipedia yet. He must be getting old.

Your latest post is based on a false dichotomy. It's possible to be against both gropers and the right wings thugs who will flood Cologne.

uttis
09-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Totally agree with the above, only thing that surprises me is the bleeding hearts on here have yet to reply but then again its only 11.30 so they are probably still on their pedestals fast asleep

ParkgateMiller
09-01-2016, 11:43 AM
I read this report from yesterday's Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/08/ive-never-experienced-anything-like-that-cologne-in-deep-shock-over-attacks

(I'm putting the link above in as i'm not sure if adding a link in 'External Link' always works.

It must have been quite terrifying if the 3rd photograph down portrays the build up of men outside the railway station. I think I'd find that lot quite intimidating to walk through. Wouldn't want my sister or daughter to have to walk through it.

A quote from the article ...............

"Concert goers on their way to the traditional New Year’s Eve concert in the Philharmonie told the Kölnische Rundschau the mayhem had started as early as 5.30pm when young, clearly drunk men, who according to eyewitnesses spoke mostly Arabic and French, gathered on the steps of the cathedral, and began throwing bottles and setting off fireworks into the crowds. By the time people spilled out of the concert around three hours late

KerrAvon
09-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Jolly will be cross with you. ‘Guardian reader’ is one of his stock insults that he pumps out ad nauseam from his darkened bedroom or wherever he sits glued to his PC/Laptop.

This piece was in the Guardian yesterday. It sums the situation up perfectly.
- view external link (http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/08/cologne-attacks-hard-questions-new-years-eve)

ParkgateMiller
09-01-2016, 11:56 AM
More grim reading.

“I am Syrian; you have to treat me kindly! Mrs Merkel has invited me.”

A leaked secret report by a senior Cologne police official has revealed that the nonwhite invader violence over New Year’s Eve was far more serious than even initially reported—and that it definitely involved “refugees” who boasted that they had been “invited by Mrs. Merkel” to come to Germany.

The report, published in full in the Bild newspaper after it was leaked by a police insider, paints a dramatic picture of the violence in Cologne over New Year’s Eve.

Read full report - follow the link below.

I wonder what the feeling would be if this had happened in England, perpetrated by people we'd taken pity on? - view external link (http://newobserveronline.com/cologne-***-attack-horror-police-report-revealed/)

Pocket rocket
09-01-2016, 12:01 PM
This is what you get with the apologists and idealists constantly campaigning to let more people in our country.

For me its simple bring back proper borders all over and look after out own rights first .

Cue the abuse from the apologists

ParkgateMiller
09-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Thanks Kerr - this was the one I've been looking for. I'm sure we all take the point that the (female) journalist makes;

"But by trying not to give succour to racists, the risk is that we end up miserably self-censoring, giving the “why can’t we talk about immigration?” brigade ammunition for their conspiracy theories. Journalism isn’t really journalism when it avoids stories for fear of how some might react. The parallels between German politicians’ discomfort over Cologne and Britain’s response to predominantly Asian gangs grooming girls in Rotherham for ***ual exploitation aren’t exact, but there are lessons to be learned"

I think there is a lesson to be learned here regarding our immigration policy, but unfortunately, I feel we've passed the time when we might have benefited from this knowledge.

KerrAvon
09-01-2016, 12:15 PM
You’re welcome.

The point the article makes is that it's just about impossible to have a debate about immigration, because it will be hijacked by people on one side who talk about apologists, ostriches and do gooders and who spout drivel about people with ‘no desire to work but just wanting to get to Europe for the handouts’ and by others who shout racist at the drop of a hat. It’s a point I’ve made a number of times, but I think it was missed by some who were too busy frothing at the mouth and, presumably, all over their keyboards, in their desire to have a pop.

Pocket rocket
09-01-2016, 12:47 PM
You’re welcome.

The point the article makes is that it's just about impossible to have a debate about immigration, because it will be hijacked by people on one side who talk about apologists, ostriches and do gooders and who spout drivel about people with ‘no desire to work but just wanting to get to Europe for the handouts’ and by others who shout racist at the drop of a hat. It’s a point I’ve made a number of times, but I think it was missed by some who were too busy frothing at the mouth and, presumably, all over their keyboards, in their desire to have a pop.

Oh yes because were all so much better off letting in a load of people with no history criminal records etc so you can all feel good about yourselves cause you've done a good deed.

You would probably say the women who were raped in Germany overreacted

I ask you this

How many are genuine migrants??

KerrAvon
09-01-2016, 01:09 PM
And as if my magic... someone misses the point.

Everyone who migrates is a migrant.

millavanilla
10-01-2016, 07:02 AM
All this is a waste of time and opinions..it goes nowhere..it will all be sorted in time...for good or bad..and theres your next debate...whos right and whos wrong? We have far, far too many people sponging from the state without imigrants..im 61 years old now and ive worked for 44 years and still doing it..im not interested in political correctness and all that...we should have NO imigrants at all now...we need to look after number 1 and think about our own kids and future..but i fear its well too late now..britain is fu*ked..

the_idiotb_stardson
10-01-2016, 10:58 AM
I think the revolution a ,cultural marxist one, has already happened and we didn't even see it happen.

I remember when I was studying, whole departments were being taken over by commie pinko lecturers.
Submit an essay which went against their opinions and you were marked down. To play the game you had to be red. Eventually these people took key positions in the media, law, universities and politics. The tactic was very clever. If you disagreed, the trump cards of racism and homophobia and ***ism were flung in your face, closing down any debate and leaving the new emerging power structure in place. By stealth these commies (middle-class ones) have stitched us up. The positions of power they now hold will not be challenged. Tony Blair made sure that this cultural ideology was cemented in law and our freedoms were eroded. All these areas mentioned above are a never ending gravy train, there is always an issue of identity politics to make a film about, write an article about, get po