PDA

View Full Version : Results, Table and Chat (Week 21) + FA Cup Round 1 Scores

CAMiller
09-01-2016, 08:20 PM
As someone once said it's deja vue all over again. Not just another early exit from the FA Cup for the Millers or even another abject performance but another weekly win for LeedsMiller89 with 30pts, in identical scoring fashion to last week. pip_y and Rotherman round out the podium whilst CAMiller and FrickleyAway pick the wrong week to don the donkey ears. Correct scores were hard to come by and pick of the week goes to Rileyev2 for getting the 2-1 win by Colchester over Charlton and an honourable mention to tuftydivot for being the only one to have the correct result for the WBA v Bristol City game.

As in the real competition, some close results in the PL FA Cup with many ties settled by a single point and a couple going into extra time to be decided on the goals rule. Many posters seemed to forget that the Premiership teams don't usually risk their 'stars' in the FA Cup as they selected Lukaku as goal scorer in a game he was never likely to play a part in.

The gap at the top i

Brin
09-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Pipped by 1 point….>:( …..well done though to Reefdc 79….;D

I checked late on to see if Lukaku would be playing as he limped off mid week in a game…

It's now 2.50pm and I still haven't picked a goal scorer…..looking down the games and remembering I'd picked man Utd to beat the blades 4 -0 I thought about Rooney as he takes the pens but opted for Martial…clanger of a move….had I stuck with Rooney Reef and myself would have drawn….

Word to self…'Stick to your 1st choice Brin….you've just cost yourself a place in the next round'….:blue:

Very close at the top now with LeedsMiller1989 picking up another great score…..the law of averages says he can't keep it up though….;D

fromafar
09-01-2016, 11:53 PM
Camiller, Sorry about the Donkey ears, theres never much in it,. but give yourself a pat on the back for loyalty with your hopeful Rotherham United score , loyalty goes a long way . " We can continue to dream".

CAMiller
10-01-2016, 12:15 AM
My day was so bad. When the first 9 games were over I had a glimmer of hope because a 3-0 win for Man Utd would lift me up to 12pts and give me a draw with wathrufc. However I then calculated it would also make the total goals scored 28, which would give him the win as he had 28 to my 29. So there was I looking in Pandora's box for hope and just my luck even that had gone this time around. No point in buying a ticket in the $1B Mega Millions lottery here tonight :blue:

Reefdc79
10-01-2016, 10:23 PM
I didn't even realise you'd changed your goalscorer... Had You chosen Rooney I believe I would've won on the goal difference anyway Brin, was a close one tho :)