PDA

View Full Version : O/T Fits Cooking

Pages : [1] 2

Pacman1903
13-01-2016, 01:16 PM
At the request of Malaga, a cooking thread

For tea in Pac Towers tonight

Grilled peppered Seabass Fillets, accompanied by a chickpea,chorizo and spinach saute.

Simple and quick but affa fine

To be cooked while drinking a fine Franzikaner Dunkel.(because being a chef without a drink is just nae right, Keith Floyd was an inspiration)

Probablly followed by some more as i leave my work today and that is a reason to celebrate

MalagaSheep
13-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Haha!
Hamemade burgers the night! Simple stuff the night!
Fan u start your new job min?

donsdaft
13-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Homemade Hungarian sausage.

Not homemade by me you understand but a girl I know has a father who just killed a pig.

Homemade palinka as well but I might give that a miss tonight.

Pacman1903
13-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Haha!

Nae this weekend but next. Big life change.

Food better be good on the boat or ill get my apron on

RedMadders
13-01-2016, 05:08 PM
Baked tattie with Chicken with a hunters chicken sauce with grated cheese.........delish

Buc
13-01-2016, 05:14 PM
Home made pizza. Fine

gervaise_brookhampst
13-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Spaghetti Bolognese made sort of to this Jammie Oliver recipe but I tweek it here and there. The one I have just made has extra herbs, garlic and wine, and added Worcestershire sauce and mushrooms. - view external link (http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/spaghetti-bolognese/#XE619aShrL6pJd24.97)

scobiemacd
13-01-2016, 05:46 PM
No idea. Will have a look in the fridge /cupboard later.

Probably fish fingers(haddock), beans and oven chips. And theres nothing wrong with that you foodie c.unts :)

MalagaSheep
13-01-2016, 06:04 PM
Morns night just sorted at casa de la Malaga
Skirt steak just put in the fridge to marinade in balsamic vinegar, cumin, garlic and chilli flakes!
Will b accompanied with baked sweet tatties and my homemade chimicuhurri sauce!

Pacman1903
13-01-2016, 06:23 PM
No idea. Will have a look in the fridge /cupboard later.
I
Probably fish fingers(haddock), beans and oven chips. And theres nothing wrong with that you foodie c.unts :)

We sometimes have a "kiddies tea" for a laugh.

Its Turkey Dinosaurs, fish fingers, alphabet spaghetti, tattie smiles and theres f@ck all wrong wi that

MalagaSheep
13-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Haha!

Nae this weekend but next. Big life change.

Food better be good on the boat or ill get my apron on[/quote]

All the best on that! Good luck min!

MalagaSheep
15-01-2016, 04:53 AM
Ach well its still in the fridge! Wife traeted me to a indian last night, suppose we better traet ourselfs this week
Startin a Forever living C9 detox/cleanse on monday, 9 days o water and rabbit food!

Pacman1903
15-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Ach well its still in the fridge! Wife traeted me to a indian last night, suppose we better traet ourselfs this week
Startin a Forever living C9 detox/cleanse on monday, 9 days o water and rabbit food!

So for 9 days nothing will be cooking

Pacman1903
15-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Last night was a chinese/Thai from the mighty Tigerlilly in Meldrum

Seared Chicken fillets with, honey, lemon and parika tonight.

Accompanied with side salad.

Beer choice will be a few Lappin Kultas

MalagaSheep
15-01-2016, 02:52 PM

So for 9 days nothing will be cooking[/quote]

Not a lot! Salads and fruit.
Last time i did it, i lived on tomatoes and peaches!

redyeti
15-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Living in a hotel all month across the pond - nothing glamorous about room service or eating out every night on your tod when your waistband is increasing beyond your clothes capabilities. Damn chicken wings, pizza and nachos - too fine - the erseholes in the office keep putting boxes of doughnuts outside my office every day as well.

Looking forward to getting home to the wife's home cooking (and 5's).

Pacman1903
15-01-2016, 03:31 PM
When i went to US for three weeks, i didnt eat that much junk(there was some) i was good with the drink too as Mrs Pac was pregnant. It was more the portion sizes that stretched my belt to its maximum jeans holding up capabilities.

redyeti
15-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Aye well I'm in Canada and the portion sizes are big, but the amount of fat and oil in everything is ridiculous. Had a spicy seafood pasta dish last week as the seafood here's brilliant - was swimming in oil. At the cinema there's even a machine that pours melted butter over your popcorn... had to go try it, for research/cultural purposes...

Mason89
15-01-2016, 06:11 PM

You should try their Argi +

It works wonders for a hangover. Pricey but worth it.

MalagaSheep
15-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Aye mason its pap on!
Also take the bee pollen and the multi maca!
All good stuff.
Have you done a C9 Mason?

Buc
15-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Veggie curry boiled rice n chips from the takeaway in the don.

Mason89
15-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Aye mason its pap on!
All good stuff.

No danger. I'm told that the vanilla one is better the better out the two though.

My dads been selling the stuff since the early 90s. Was the FLP head honcho in Scotland before retirement. You can't even begin to imagine how bored I am of Aloe Vera products.

Adam Rooney sells it as well

MalagaSheep
15-01-2016, 07:08 PM
Aye mason its pap on!
All good stuff.

No danger. I'm told that the vanilla one is better the better out the two though.

My dads been selling the stuff since the early 90s. Was the FLP head honcho in Scotland before retirement. You can't even begin to imagine how bored I am of Aloe Vera products.

Adam Rooney sells it as well [/quote]

The vanilla with soya milk is magic! Its like a macdonalds milk shake.

Me and the wife sell the stuff too! Got into it after trying the toothpaste!

The last time i did that c9 i lost a stone and a quarter in the nine days and felt bloody great! Xmas took its toll so am doing it again!

Pacman1903
16-01-2016, 11:10 AM
Im cheating tonight as im baby free, so away out for tea and beers

donsdaft
16-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Saturday night is Thai red curry night

Finely chop 1 red onion, 1 clove of garlic, 2 medium chillies and a 1 inch bit of ginger.
You can add a few drops of fish sauce but it's not neccesary ( I do but it's in the paste anyway)

Gently fry off with a little oil, adding a desert spoon of proper red curry paste.( not a stir in sauce)

Thinly slice 1 chicken breast ( enough for 2) and fry those off alongside your paste.

Don't open a tin of coconut milk.

Mix 5 desert spoons of coconut powder with 300ml ( half a pint) of warm water.
Stir the liquid into the chicken .

Under no circumstances use dried lime leaves.
Get a couple of frozen lime leaves , cut out the stems and slice the leaves into thin strips.
Add to the curry, bring to the boil then turn the cooker off and leave uncovered to cool down for half an hour or so.

Heat up before serving with rice, either reduce or add a wee bit of water to achieve the correct consistency.
You won't get better than that outside o

Pacman1903
16-01-2016, 03:15 PM
^^^^^

Sounds great, but no corriander?

donsdaft
16-01-2016, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't put coriander into a Thai curry but on you go, add what you want.

Usually I just add lots of beer.

MalagaSheep
16-01-2016, 04:18 PM
Love a thai curry! That sounds delish donsdaft! And aye to coriander! A few leaves to garnish it off! Coriander is ****ing lovely!

Pacman1903
16-01-2016, 04:36 PM
I wouldn't put coriander into a Thai curry but on you go, add what you want.

Usually I just add lots of beer.

Was just wondering min. Its a common ingredient in Thai food

donsdaft
16-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Add onything you funcy, although I might be more likely to add coriander to a green curry.

Really, I just wanted to share my " secret weapons" of the coconut powder and the frozen lime leaves.

They made a massive difference to my efforts.

Pacman1903
17-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Taking a leaf oot of your book tonight DD. Thai red curry currently getting whipped up.

MalagaSheep
17-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Just home from a fuuckin shocking meal!
Thats all am saying!

donsdaft
17-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Roast pork just about cooked.
Away to put the tatties in the oven to roast.
Carrots peeled and in the pan.
Yorkshire pudding mix ready to go.
Polish pork of course, from the shop on Skene Square, best there is.

pwlp
17-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Cheese Souffle rising nicely in the oven courtesy of Frau Peg

sheepcrooky
17-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Upside down sticky pear pudding. Double helpings and I feel a fat bar steward. Fine though.

donsdaft
17-01-2016, 07:40 PM
F'uck sake, I'm stappit.

05car
17-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Sausage and mash with onion gravy for me

Landvetter83
17-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Loon works in Markies so can often bring home stuff that's about to pass sell by and get horsed oot.
Christmas eve, he's home with a turkey crown, sea bass fillets and a f@@kin goose! This thing's the size of a small dog! Turkey and sea bass have been cooked and eaten - nae probs.
This evening was the turn of the goose c/w roast tatties (using the goose fat) and brussel sprouts.
Now, I'm nae sure if any of you erstwhile chaps have had a shotttie at cooking a goose - what a f@@kin' chav!
A whole bowl full of goose fat comes off and you end up with next to buuuugger all meat.
The loon's been telt - "bring a goose back next year and I'll kick yir heid in".

The roast tatties were a bitty good, so was the red berry sauce .... :P

ObanRed
17-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Beef Stew, done in the slow cooker (auto setting), put it on just afore the game, watched the game, drove tae Cupar in Fife and back, Just perfect faan i came in the door. Damn fine on a cauld day, nae dumplings though.
Washe doon wie some Rioja :-)

Feck_the_Huns
17-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Two chicken breasts, cut a few slices into each one, poured some honey and mustard sauce over the breasts and left to marinade for a puckle hours. Quickly fried the chicken to seal them then poured the rest of the sauce over them, into the oven for 30 mins, served with mashed tatties, neep and turnip mash and peas.

Rare

MalagaSheep
20-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Coconut chicken and cauliflower rice tonight!
First proper meal o this detox, last two day been only eating tomatoes, lettuce, pears and strawberries! And gallons o water!
After 2days feeling great and lost 6lb
****in starving tho!

Pacman1903
20-01-2016, 12:18 PM
So your detox is actually a starvation programme

Haggis Pizza tonight

MalagaSheep
20-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Just the first two days,

Pacman1903
21-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Harissa chicken, chucked in some onions and peppers. Harissa paste made a bit fiery, Mrs Pac will nae be chuffed

MalagaSheep
21-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Another chicken curry, with cauliflower rice! Hope it has more taste than the ****e i had last night!

redyeti
21-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Skin on cod, roasted tatties, onion, neep, greens & carrot puree.

Eating out somewhere fancy.

donsdaft
21-01-2016, 10:13 PM
Nae much cooking involved tonight but afa fine onyway.

Ciabatta dipped in wonderful Greek olive oil
Serrano ham and kallo breadsticks
Absolutely gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous, green Sicilian olives.

Washed down with lovely french malbec.

Lidl's lidl's lidl's, internet, lidl's, aldi's.

If there any any of the olives left tomorrow it will be because Mrs. Donsdaft has run out of money.

MalagaSheep
22-01-2016, 05:56 AM
@ donsdaft and anyone interested in olive oil
Look up or see if u can find a company called Vom Fass, the olive oils and balsamic vinegars are bloody fantastic! They do other products too, but we just get the oils and vinegars, its just sometine different
www.vomfass.com
I think thats the website

Pacman1903
22-01-2016, 08:30 AM
Currently whipping up porridge fingers for pac jnrs breakfast

scobiemacd
22-01-2016, 03:39 PM
You guys always have ace dinners . I need to get into ace dinners as well .

scobiemacd
22-01-2016, 03:42 PM

That's what I wondered . Doesn't the body naturally detox every single second you are alive ?

Pacman1903
22-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Cajun Salmon fillets and paprika rice. Fine and quick before hiking into the game.

Mason89
22-01-2016, 04:03 PM

That's what I wondered . Doesn't the body naturally detox every single second you are alive ?[/quote]

I'm not convinced about the whole detox thing either. That said, we sell **** loads of that clean 9

Pacman1903
22-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Its fad sh@t (nae offence malaga). You can eat perfectly healthy without it.

Its likena colonic you scientifically do not need one but folk get them

I try keep healthy food wise. F@ck it up with drink though. Tell Mrs Pac the health food+drink=an even state of affairs

donsdaft
22-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Paprika pork tonight.
Polish pork and Hungarian paprika.
Youngest loon coming round for his supper so I am missing the game.
He's been working in Trinidad for a couple of months so I thought I better stay in and see him.

redyeti
22-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Just had homemade soup - carrot, onion & red pepper - with homemade bread at a colleague's house for lunch (Canadian time).

Out to some bar & grill place tonight with folk from the office so nae doubt something high in fat, salt, carbs, sugar and the rest of the good stuff.

Missing the Dons game on Red TV International though; place better have wifi so I can be antisocial and keep a tab on Tweetor.

Landvetter83
22-01-2016, 11:52 PM
Here's a guaranteed crowd pleaser ..... my pre-match meal tonight .... Chicken Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Ayam where I was born and brocht up).

Bash up a garlic clove and a bitty ginger in a pestle and mortar. Spoon into a bowlick. Add Tabasco, brown sugar, salt and a heap of soya sauce (dark). Mix. Cut chicken fillets into it - use a scissors and cut them quite small. Mix it up. Cook Basmati rice - tip 2x boiling water to rice and microwave on low for 20 minutes. Sit doon and have a beer while the rice is cooking and your chicken is steeping. Once cooked. Let the rice cool a wee bit. Sit doon again and either finish your first beer or wire into a second.

Chop a shallot. Heat your wok till smoking. Fire in the shallot and brown. Fire in the chicken and sizzle away. Chuck in a chunk of frozen peas and rummel it aboot. Lastly fire in the rice and keep mixing it all up. Fire in a bit more soya sauce to colour it up. Keep mixing. Some folk at this point take an egg and beat it with a w

MalagaSheep
23-01-2016, 06:09 AM
Salmon fillets, cuscus, and asparagus drizzled in lemon juice last nite!

Now this is going to sound poovy, but when i did the first c9 i only did it to help the wife with her business, and also needed to try something to help with my back problem, after 2days i was cracking up but stuck it out for the 9days and felt brilliant, lost a **** load o weight and was more energised, did bloody great for the *** life too!
Before i did it i was terrible for drinking cola, drank gallons of the stuff a day, coffee and other stuff, always ate healty enough meals tho, now and again a few treats indian,thai, chinker! Was also bad for picking, nipping into the fridge and pick on someting, instead of eatin a bit o fruit!

Any way after i did it i don't hardly drink cola now, drink a good 2l of water a day now, eat plenty of fruit, stopped picking out the fridge, big cut back on coffee and kept my weight down, also started eating alot more differently if you ken fit i mean.

Doing this for a s

Pacman1903
24-01-2016, 04:43 PM
Sausage,Butterbean and Tomato bake.

Cooked with a Erdinger in hand

Pacman1903
24-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Malaga, im trying to cut juice and coffee out completely. Getting sare heids. Take it thats withdrawal from caffeine

Three_crazz
24-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Ok , ok one of my favourite subjects , Scran , maybe not cooking from scratch but very much an expert at packing it away!!
Here,s my starter , not my actual starter tonight but my starter for this thread

I give you ,simple pan fried Salmon , wild rice we a splodge of salad cream , mustered and some Salad

http://i65.tinypic.com/zvakur.jpg

MalagaSheep
24-01-2016, 06:10 PM
Crazz at looks good!

Pac, am not sure about the sair heeds, i have been ok, but ive been drinking gallons o water! Sure it not the gallons o beer your drinking?

Prawn and salmon tagliatele, with spinich the night! The buggers across the street fae me have the BBQ on and the smell is wafting into my hoose!

fittiered
24-01-2016, 06:21 PM
If you are into your Indian food follow this two lads on yootoob, Al's kitchen and h4ppyleader. I've followed their instruction and the food is like you had a carry out fae The Light of Bengal or summin.

Pacman1903
24-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Crazz at looks good!

Pac, am not sure about the sair heeds, i have been ok, but ive been drinking gallons o water! Sure it not the gallons o beer your drinking?

Definatley nae beer related. I dinna drink enough to get a hangover 2 or 3 every other night

Just funny the heids are coinciding with nae having 7-8 cups of coffee a day

MalagaSheep
24-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Crazz at looks good!

Definatley nae beer related. I dinna drink enough to get a hangover 2 or 3 every other night

Just funny the heids are coinciding with nae having 7-8 cups of coffee a day[/quote]

Nae sure min, ive went from about the same amount of cup to nothing and no sare heeds! Skip a few night af the beer? See if that helps! Sounding like Dr Sheep here!
Looking forward to a cup o coffee on wednesday tho, like a decent cup o coffee!

MalagaSheep
25-01-2016, 06:23 AM
Any o you lads made pasta from scratch?
Do u need all the gadgets for doing it?

donsdaft
25-01-2016, 07:46 AM
I did once.
No gadgets required, just a rolling pin.

It wiznae worth the bother.

MalagaSheep
25-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Cheers DD, if its more hassle than its worth i wont bother then! Thought i wid try make pasta but i will just buy fresh!

MalagaSheep
25-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Are u lads on the haggis, neeps and tatties the night?

Pacman1903
25-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Nah min. Totally forgot. Leftovers fae last night

MalagaSheep
26-01-2016, 04:25 PM
Day 9, final day o shyte!
Chicken and mushroom risotto with steamed veg

Roll on the morns night!

donsdaft
26-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Homemade beef curry tonight.

Made it yesterday while the pizza dough was rising.

Smelled bloody good, hope it tastes as nice.

redyeti
26-01-2016, 04:58 PM
Just polished off a buffalo chicken pita bread with onions, mushrooms & peppers from Pita Pit.

Pacman1903
26-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Oriental finger chicken.

Chicken
Soy Sauce
Root ginger
5 spice
Garlic.

Boom done. Simple as f@ck.

donsdaft
26-01-2016, 11:52 PM
The curry was as good as expected.

Now, there is not a chance of me putting up a photo of my daughter but she is just home from Ecuador and has sent me a picture of her with a fried guinea pig on a plate.
Tin foil on its little feet and everything.

No chips though, Guinea pig without chips?
That's disgusting.

MalagaSheep
27-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Right gents! My 9 days are over and am feeling bloody great, and lost bang on a stone in weight! Delighted!
So tonight, the wife is treating me for my birthday (not today, friday. Hint hint) by going out for a nice spanish meal, washed doon with a few bottles of a nice red wine! Cana wait.

Pacman1903
27-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Im gonna head down the curry route tonight me thinks

donsdaft
27-01-2016, 04:50 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/vhsu44.jpg

Hey!
My first ever edited picture

Guinea Pig anyone?

MalagaSheep
27-01-2016, 04:52 PM
I would try anything once but i dont fancy that DD. needs a bit o gravy or something.

Did she say how it tasted?

donsdaft
27-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Came with a potato thing, avocado, half an egg and a peanut sauce.
I think I would rather eat the Guinea pig than the peanut sauce.

She said it was fine enough but nae much eating.

She's got a good healthy appetite my quine.
She had to learn to get stuck in or starve.
She's got two big brothers.

Three_crazz
27-01-2016, 11:08 PM
Came with a potato thing, avocado, half an egg and a peanut sauce.
I think I would rather eat the Guinea pig than the peanut sauce.

She said it was fine enough but nae much eating.

She's got a good healthy appetite my quine.
She had to learn to get stuck in or starve.
She's got two big brothers.h

Bloody hell DD that looks like road kill , bet it tastes like chicken !!
Yip needs a little sauce or gravy

donsdaft
28-01-2016, 11:02 AM
It's nae very appetizing, is it?

I would have expected some shredded meat mixed with rice and vegetables or something but no, wallop, have a deep fried guinea pig.

MalagaSheep
28-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Wife treated me out last night,
Starter,
Pil pil scallops
Main
Off the bbq 750g rib of beef, sautéed veg and tatties
Washed down with to much red wine, a tad rough today
Back in the **** tonight, chicken and prawn Thai green curry

donsdaft
28-01-2016, 01:07 PM
All sounds a fair bit better than guinea pig.

thestooge
28-01-2016, 01:52 PM
I wen for sushi at Tsujiki Market last week.

I had Shirako.

Interesting.

MalagaSheep
28-01-2016, 01:57 PM
No idea why the word **** got ***** out in my last post!

MalagaSheep
28-01-2016, 01:58 PM
K I T C H E N

What the ****

OneBrianIrvine
28-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Presumably an attempt to stop this:
http://i65.tinypic.com/2nv5owy.png

therealsouthstander
28-01-2016, 02:09 PM

I had Shirako.

Interesting.

Hope it was fresh ? And warm ?

Salty ?

Is this the first time you've admitted eating s***k?

MalagaSheep
28-01-2016, 02:12 PM
Haha! Must be, am not selling a **** am only sayin am cooking in the **** the night!

thestooge
28-01-2016, 02:22 PM

I had Shirako.

Interesting.

Hope it was fresh ? And warm ?

Salty ?

Is this the first time you've admitted eating s***k?[/quote]

It's in season and I was at the market so as fresh as you can get.

I was in one of the best sushi places in the world, Dai Wa. The restaurant only seats about 20 people and normally you have to queue for about 2 or 3 hours to get in but I'd been djing at an all nighter and just turned up straight from the gig at about 6am.

I had the chef's selection menu so took what I was given.

Can't say I've ever eaten spunk before (Hiya Manboobs!) and I'm unlikely to go back for seconds. It was ok, quite creamy, a bit fishy and a little salty, but it wasn't close to being as good as the Uni or the Chutoro.

Definitely not the worst thing I've eaten though, which is probably still wri

Pacman1903
28-01-2016, 02:47 PM
Seabass with mango/chilli salsa and a selection of veg tonight.

Pacman1903
29-01-2016, 04:54 PM
Tuscan Chicken washed doon with the 3/4 of a bottle of white wine which is leftover ingrediant of the dish itself. Nae a fan of white but ach well its booze

MalagaSheep
29-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Old classic the night after indoor fitba

Baked beans on toast, and a splash of lea and perrings!

therealsouthstander
29-01-2016, 06:47 PM

Surely a sprinkle of cheese ?

Three_crazz
29-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Hay hay my my , the duvet cover will never survive !!
http://i63.tinypic.com/2rcqr1s.jpg
Keralan chicken ruby , chick peas

Landvetter83
29-01-2016, 11:02 PM

"Sh!ting through the eye of a needle" is the phrase that springs to mind with that photie. Good luck min - it's going to be messy ... :s

Pacman1903
29-01-2016, 11:04 PM

Mind and clean up with wet wipes, normal bog roll will dry oot your cheeks

Landvetter83
29-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Easy peasy crowd pleaser the nicht!

Cajun Turkey Kebabs

Chop up the turkey into big chunks and fire into a bowl. Chuck in salt, pepper (heaps), light brown caster sugar (a good belt), Cajun seasoning (heaps) and olive oil. Rummel it up. Steep for 15 minutes while you sit doon and scoop a BrewDog! Skewer those bad boys and griddle .... Serve with a flavoured ketchup (Tomato Sauce, Lea & Perrins, Sugar, Cajun Seasoning ... mix)....

Even the loon, who's still a fussy little f@@ker says "Himin Dad, that was the bollox!"

MalagaSheep
30-01-2016, 03:45 AM

Surely a sprinkle of cheese ?
[/quote]

Would of been nice, but that little ****s o loons o mine must o snaffled it out the fridge!

ObanRed
31-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Hame made Lasagne.

Chop up some Onions n Garlic, sautee in a pan.
Once soft add the mince, brown it.
Once browned, add 3 chopped sun-dried tomatoes, 1 diced green pepper, a diced stick o celery
a can o chopped tomatoes, 3 or 4 finely chopped green olives, a good squirt o tomatoe puree, some italian mixed herbs and a grated carrot. Steer it up.

Add 2 beef stock cubes and some water, steer it up again.

Bring to the bile, turn it doon, simmer for a while, an hour, then turn it aff.

Sup 2 or 3 brewdogs of your choice.

Now layer it in a dish. Mince, white sauce sheet o pasta.

Repeat 2 or 3 times. Top with a layer of pasta, cover this in white sauce an some cheese.

Stick it in the Oven 160'c for 45 mins.

It's done. Serve with some garlic bread of your choice

Pacman1903
01-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Seafod stir fry currenty being whipped up

MalagaSheep
02-02-2016, 05:48 PM
Pan fried chicken, avocado and tomato salad, seasoned with the vom fass oil, date olive oil and raspberry balsamic vinegar,

gervaise_brookhampst
02-02-2016, 06:03 PM
Pan fried chicken, avocado and tomato salad, seasoned with the vom fass oil, date olive oil and raspberry balsamic vinegar,

http://i65.tinypic.com/10zn7ev.jpg

Pacman1903
02-02-2016, 06:35 PM
No vom fas for me, left over stir fry for me

Pacman1903
02-02-2016, 07:55 PM
Going to the Boozy Cow tomorrow before the game. Anyone been? Any use?

redyeti
02-02-2016, 09:22 PM
The wife made a couple of affa fine pork burritos for me tonight with Mexican rice, cheese, salsa, sour cream and slap ya mama cajun spice! So good.

Was thinking about trying that new Mexican place Muchacho on Rose Street before the game tomorrow, heard good things.

Booze Cow's decent Pacman, so long as you're intending on having a burger or hotdog. Try the macaroni waffle as a side - disgustingly unnecessarily satisfyingly brilliant!

05car
02-02-2016, 09:46 PM
veg noodles for me the night and no nae in a pot

Pacman1903
02-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Booze Cow's decent Pacman, so long as you're intending on having a burger or hotdog. Try the macaroni waffle as a side - disgustingly unnecessarily satisfyingly brilliant!

Sounds good.Havent had a burger in a long time so that will do.

Good selection of beer?

MalagaSheep
03-02-2016, 10:54 AM

http://i65.tinypic.com/10zn7ev.jpg[/quote]

Haha
Cheeky bass,
Hame to see mam on friday, so hopefully some hot and hearty soups for the cold weather!

redyeti
03-02-2016, 01:38 PM

Sounds good.Havent had a burger in a long time so that will do.

Good selection of beer?[/quote]

Nothing on tap but a reasonable selection of quirky craft beers - had a good IPA when I was in there at the start of January. You might be doing well to get a table though (you probably know already); they don't take bookings. Good burger joint though IMO!

Edit: They also always have cans of Red Stripe if you're not a craft beer connoisseur!!

MalagaSheep
03-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Home made pizza tonight, topped with olive, artichoke,peppers, chillies, cherry tomatoes and anchovies, Buc would be impressed with my veggie choice the night!

macattack
03-02-2016, 05:22 PM
Home made pizza tonight, topped with olive, artichoke,peppers, chillies, cherry tomatoes and anchovies, Buc would be impressed with my veggie choice the night!

Almost ditto but mine is takeway pizza & a few beers going to need it to watch the game tonight !

MalagaSheep
03-02-2016, 05:42 PM

Almost ditto but mine is takeway pizza & a few beers going to need it to watch the game tonight ![/quote]

Aye! Sneaked down to the local for a few, while the bottles of Heineken need to be chilled

Pacman1903
05-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Nothing for a few days as last night i made a curry big enough for 2-3nights. Just made it up in my heid,including the spice measurements .Turns oot it was hot as f@ck, Mrs Pac couldnt handle it after 3 fork fulls so its gonna last me untill Sunday as ill have to eat the lot.

Three_crazz
05-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Chicken, prawn & mushroom with noodles and veg
http://i67.tinypic.com/2qtk36s.jpg

Also a Friday night cocktail :-) :-)
http://i68.tinypic.com/28qzof9.jpg

MalagaSheep
06-02-2016, 04:47 AM
Pit stop in past Stonehaven on the way up the road yesterday and to avoid the Aberdeen traffic,
The Station hotel, wow, for the amount of years staying in the Torry area and i had never came across this place! It was first class and the food was excellent! Starter was the pulled pork nachos! Beautiful, main was beef and ale steak pie! Delicious, and well i toped it off with the sticky toffee pudding! To die for! 10 out of 10 for the food!

Pacman1903
08-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Smoked salmom tagliatelle with parmesan and basil cream

With a Dead Pony Club in hand.

Three_crazz
08-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Sunday roast on Monday night, chicken, croquets , kilted sausages , stiffing balls , meallie
& gravey Oh and parsnips

http://i64.tinypic.com/mtmgav.jpg

MalagaSheep
09-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Was at a carvery the other night and there was meallie, havent had it for years! Secend helpings was a plate o meallie and gravy!

Haggis ,mince and tatties the night!
Back hame to good old scottish cooking

vasilyrats86
09-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Blasting oot In Flames whilst making Spanish Chicken with a dod awf rice fir the nichts tea well ****ing braw

Pacman1903
09-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Blasting oot In Flames

Gadz min

Pacman1903
10-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Just polished aff a plate of Pacmans 5 bean chilli. It was a weak version as Pac Jnr was having it. But fine all the same. Washed doon with a Leffe.

Three_crazz
10-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Just polished aff a plate of Pacmans 5 bean chilli. It was a weak version as Pac Jnr was having it. But fine all the same. Washed doon with a Leffe.

5 bean chilli Good job it's the watered down version or you would be "Blasting oot In Flames"" :-) :-)

Pacman1903
10-02-2016, 08:33 PM
I prefer a japanese flag fashioning chilli but when Pac Jnr and Mrs Pac are eating it it has to be poovy

Three_crazz
12-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Shop bought veggie pizza, then chicken , jalapeño and cheese added on top , and a wee red slurp on the side
http://i64.tinypic.com/bev5ux.jpg

Pacman1903
12-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Fajita friday

Washed doon with a few Hobgoblins

Three_crazz
13-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Ribeye , mushroom, battered inings rings Pot- ato ,pepper sauce
A we Rioja to help get it down the gullet
http://i65.tinypic.com/2a78wie.jpg

Pacman1903
13-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Wanted to use sh@t up and manage to whip up a tuna pasta bake. Cheese sauce made with half cheddar half parmaesan. Worked well

Black ball stouts to wash doon

donsdaft
13-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Home made beef curry tonight, afa fine.

Not cooking as such but just a seasonal heads up for blood orange season.

Just squeezed a pint of the stuff to put in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow.

At about £1.80 a pint it's not cheap but absolutely gorgeous and anyway how much is tropicana these days?
The last time I had Sainsbury's taste the difference freshly squeezed stuff it was bowfin.

Any Italian blood oranges will do, but if you can get Sicilian then so much the better.

Pacman1903
16-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Mince n Tatties tonight

Spoon of wholgrain mustard in the gravy is essential

redyeti
17-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Roast chicken, quinoa and broccoli the standard lunch at work.

Would far rather go to the burger or Thai van!

MalagaSheep
17-02-2016, 02:27 PM
My homemade thai chicken noodle soup for tonight!

Away back to the shop, forgot fresh corriander!

Three_crazz
18-02-2016, 07:03 PM
Tonight's scoff , medium chilie made with quorn, in tortillas boats we splodge o sour cream on top, 5 leaf salad to keep the greens in
http://i64.tinypic.com/k54jyh.jpg
One glass of Pinot Noir , just as a lubricant

Pacman1903
18-02-2016, 07:39 PM
You a veggie Craaaaaaaz min?

My weekly stir fry tonight. Ran oot of five spice so used Morrocan spice blend instaed and it worked well.

mainlystanding
18-02-2016, 08:02 PM
I prefer a japanese flag fashioning chilli but when Pac Jnr and Mrs Pac are eating it it has to be poovy

Aye, but if ye light the farts while at the table the smell disperses without causing offence. *

*Top tip

mainlystanding
18-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Edited: Canna contribute further so will withdaw comment.

ObanRed
18-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Tonight's scoff , medium chilie made with quorn, in tortillas boats we splodge o sour cream on top, 5 leaf salad to keep the greens in
http://i64.tinypic.com/k54jyh.jpg
One glass of Pinot Noir , just as a lubricant

Change the Quorn tae a fine pound of highlander mince and your on a winner

http://i68.tinypic.com/2s6q7w2.jpg

MalagaSheep
19-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Big pot o Tattie soup made yesterday!

In the bin the day! Made a fuuck up somewhere! It was rank!

Pacman1903
19-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Nothing tonight as Mrs Pac didn't have her Stir Fry yesterday so she can have that and ill just have a bowl of porridge or cheese on toast

MalagaSheep
20-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Nothing in the fridge, am starving and am hinting to her about a thai takeaway, wish she would hurry up and decide. Or its gan to be beans on toast!

RedStarTorphins
20-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Just had pork medallions cooked in butter, roasted potatoes & veg.
Lovely job.
Recommend meat from musclefood.com

mondo_notion
20-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Nothing in the fridge, am starving and am hinting to her about a thai takeaway, wish she would hurry up and decide. Or its gan to be beans on toast!

Thai takeaway just recently set up shop here in Meldrum. Not usually a fan but they recommended a dish (cant remember the) with chicken in a mild sauce, nuts and tatties. I reckon I finished it in under 30 seconds, was delicious. Tried their beef in oyster sauce last night and was well impressed.

Pacman1903
20-02-2016, 06:16 PM
On route fae Banff. Domimos it is..

'mon the saturday non cooking nights

MalagaSheep
20-02-2016, 07:08 PM

Thai takeaway just recently set up shop here in Meldrum. Not usually a fan but they recommended a dish (cant remember the) with chicken in a mild sauce, nuts and tatties. I reckon I finished it in under 30 seconds, was delicious. Tried their beef in oyster sauce last night and was well impressed.[/quote]

Think its either panang os massaman curry mondo! Sorry about the spelling

ObanRed
20-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Saturday night is homemade Curry night. Chicken Madras, Peshwari Naan. Got some nice spices from this lot http://www.seasonedpioneers.com. Really good quality.

Three_crazz
20-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Home made nachos made we floured tortillas , should have pulled them out the oven a few minutes earlier. :-( :-) :-)
http://i68.tinypic.com/2z40q3l.jpg

Pacman1903
21-02-2016, 12:35 AM

Thai takeaway just recently set up shop here in Meldrum. Not usually a fan but they recommended a dish (cant remember the) with chicken in a mild sauce, nuts and tatties. I reckon I finished it in under 30 seconds, was delicious. Tried their beef in oyster sauce last night and was well impressed.[/quote]

The Tigerl?y is the best Chinky*/Thai in the north east

Mondo, you fae Meldrum? Also its been a takeaway fir the 3 and a half years ive been here

mondo_notion
21-02-2016, 01:38 AM

Think its either panang os massaman curry mondo! Sorry about the spelling[/quote]

Aye massaman, that's the one Malaga. Much better than beans on toast ;D

The Tigerl?y is the best Chinky*/Thai in the north east

Mondo, you fae Meldrum? Also its been a takeaway fir the 3 and a half years ive been here

Aye and on m

MalagaSheep
21-02-2016, 06:51 AM
Bloody hell, oldmeldrum fairly getting a few new establishments, when i used to work in Kintore and travel thru meldrum every day i always stopped at the little shopie across from the bank and chipper, to get my papers, but they had a little hot pie stand thing, they were the best pies and sausage rolls you could get, the macaroni was first class, and always served by a little ugly thing that had nipples like scania wheelnuts! Every morning without fail.

Being home to Strichen the other week that place has feck all, an overpriced co,op and a butcher you need to take a mortgage to buy anything and full of folk that are in competition we each other, my how a great we village has went to jack shyte, but yet only 4 miles up the road New Pitsligo/ Cyack has the lot, a great chinker up there by the way, a indian, a chipper a few wee shopies a nice cafe and i hear they have a first class restaurant. Changed days.

Pacman1903
21-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Mondo min, im intrigued now. I was confused. that Thai Tiger dude lives just up the road a bit fae me. Always wondered where he did his buisiness. Gonna check him oot next week me thinks.

Tigerlilly is great though and cheap.

Is that Millburn Road you bide or where the van is.

Anyway big pot of tattie soup made. Might make a vat of stovies later too.

mondo_notion
21-02-2016, 01:41 PM
No the van parks on Millburn road. The last turn off to the left before you head out to Inverurie. I went down about 8.30 on Friday night and they had a queue of about 6 or 7 waiting. Luckily I had phoned my order in so just a case of picking it up.

Pacman1903
21-02-2016, 01:44 PM
Excellent. Friday night it is.

Pacman1903
21-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Speak of sh@t and it hits you in the face.

This just dropped through the letterbox at Pac Towers
http://i64.tinypic.com/t7l47o.jpg

05car
21-02-2016, 07:18 PM
boy obviously is a reader of this forum min

Pacman1903
21-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Chicken and Cashews it is on friday. Better be spicy. It has 3 peppers next to it.

Looking forward to it.

Landvetter83
21-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Fajitas tonight.

Used Ranch Steak - would have been better off using the soles of the shoes I've just thrown oot! Teuch as f@@k.

Tasty though. Used a new seasoning mix from Tesco - affa good.

mondo_notion
22-02-2016, 07:41 PM
'Come Dine With Me' is Aberdeen-bound.... The production company phoned my work for some reason wondering if anyone would be interested, they sent over some info.. I'm not sure how to post photos on here but the flyer pretty much says if you have a passion for cooking and want to demonstrate your skills give them a call. Thought a few on here may be interested XD

Grand up for grabs and the shoot dates are 6th-11th March.

cdwm@shiver.tv
or 0871 244 4142 is the details they left

MalagaSheep
23-02-2016, 09:49 AM
Come dine with me, could get a few good off of here,

BOD for a veegan selection at Buc's
Meldrum for a pac towers experience of heavy rock night and mondos for a takeaway
Donsdaft for some fine cusine
Three crazz for a feast of his fine home cooking
Gervasie for dirty talk and drams

£1000 to be spent in pittodrie bar before a match for a dam good piss up!

Ps, sorry if i have forgot a few, didnt research this before i posted

MalagaSheep
23-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Bbq fired up the night,

Two massive chuleton de buey steaks medium rare! toasted aubergine and asparagus, with tomato and coriander salsa and a few San Miguels to wash it down.

Pacman1903
24-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Steak with Chimmichuri, mushrooms and sweet tattie chips.Canna wait

Three_crazz
24-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Keeping it simple the night. Sweet n sour (out o a jar) chicken 1/2 n 1/2 rice and chips , no pictures already scoffed

05car
25-02-2016, 02:23 PM
since this is nominally the food thread
am I the only person who, when they see comes with potato wedges, thinks oh bollix
can't stand them, waste of tatties

Pacman1903
25-02-2016, 02:26 PM
since this is nominally the food thread
am I the only person who, when they see comes with potato wedges, thinks oh bollix
can't stand them, waste of tatties

Depends how they are cooked, depends how they are seasoned. A plain potato wedge is a big fat poove chip that the lazy c@nt who made them couldn't be arsed cutting them down further for it to be a chip

Pacman1903
25-02-2016, 02:27 PM
Hake on a bed of chickpea and chorizo mash. easy and fine as f@ck. Any fish will suffice

MalagaSheep
26-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Tin o heinz tomato soup and crusty loaf the night.

Keeps the loons happy

Pacman1903
26-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Chelsea bun, couple of hobnobs and a cup of tea. Mrs Pacs oot for her tea and i canna be arsed cooking

Three_crazz
26-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Chicken and chorizo paella with a handful of black and green olives chucked in , splodge of sour cream and chilie chease dip for a bit moisture , oh and a small Rioja as a lubricant libation
http://i65.tinypic.com/4vpbtx.jpg

mondo_notion
26-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Chelsea bun, couple of hobnobs and a cup of tea. Mrs Pacs oot for her tea and i canna be arsed cooking

Ach I was looking forward to your review of the chilli thaiger pac.

Keeping it simple tonight - chips, cheese n beans, an incredibly under-rated dish.

Pacman1903
26-02-2016, 07:43 PM
I would nip over but the wee mans in bed so i canna.

Have to be next week

MalagaSheep
26-02-2016, 09:47 PM
Chicken and chorizo paella with a handful of black and green olives chucked in , splodge of sour cream and chilie chease dip for a bit moisture , oh and a small Rioja as a lubricant libation
http://i65.tinypic.com/4vpbtx.jpg

Hey min, the next time am hame i want a invite to your house for ma supper! That looks lovely!

MalagaSheep
29-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Went out for scran last night. The loon wanted pulpo, when it came out it was a whole octopus, that looked like it was just picked straight from the sea, baked and straight on the plate. It was delicious, the loon ate the lot only the heed left and the morsel he gave me! If i knew how to post pics i would, it was impressive.

Me and the wife had the BBQ for two that would have fed 10, steak, pork, lamb, chicken, chicken wings, morcilla, chirizo, and beef and pork ribs. That was after we had starters of prawn pil pil, croquettes and a lettuce, tomato and jamon salad.

The youngest had carbonara and didnt like it. Fussy little sod.

A nice bottle of red and a few Gins. Te gusta!

scobiemacd
29-02-2016, 09:05 AM
That turd that Pac will be chomping on . It's been browned and taken off the boil to simmer for a few weeks . ( stirring occasionally).

DITA
29-02-2016, 01:08 PM
Just had leftover Turkey and Sweet Potato Chilli.

Fine the first time round, even better for lunch a couple of days later!!

Pacman1903
29-02-2016, 01:51 PM
Im whipping up Pasta with pulled pork with grilled artichokes, peppers, mushrooms and spinach for Mrs Pac and Pac Jnr tonight

vasilyrats86
29-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Im whipping up Pasta with pulled pork with grilled artichokes, peppers, mushrooms and spinach for Mrs Pac and Pac Jnr tonight

fck me ye should be on the telly min

you'd put yon chuffer Stein tae shame

Turkey steak with sweet tattie and maybe a dod awf cauliflooers or brokkillie

accompanied with some tunes blasting oot the death deck>:)

if I can be fcked

Pacman1903
29-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Nah min Stein is a legend. His travel/cook progs are part of the reason i like cooking

05car
29-02-2016, 04:30 PM
stein isn't a patch on the king -- floyd

homemade steak pie with baked potato for me

scobiemacd
29-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Hairy Bikers for me.

Pacman1903
29-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Got a few Hairy Bikers books too. They are good too. Ainsley when hes on his travels is good too(always speaks with his mouth full though, pig)

MalagaSheep
29-02-2016, 08:16 PM
You boys wont like this but am a big fan o Jamie Oliver. And an old Indian Neighbour got me into cooking his currys were out o this world.

MalagaSheep
04-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Beef and pork ribs in the smoker the day! The smell outside my house is bloody amazing if i do say so myself

Pacman1903
04-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Chili oot the freezer with a ginger beer to wash down as Mrs Pacs on a works night out.

This will be followed by Italian fitba and Withnail and I

donsdaft
04-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Ok lads
The mention of ribs has got me going.
I haven't tried cooking them for years, the reason being I made a complete a'rse of it.
Not a great lover of BBQ sauce but could eat szechuan spare ribs from the chinese just about every day.
Not a great lover of Chinese food in general so just this as a starter for me.

Any tips on cooking them?

MalagaSheep
04-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Ok lads
The mention of ribs has got me going.
I haven't tried cooking them for years, the reason being I made a complete a'rse of it.
Not a great lover of BBQ sauce but could eat szechuan spare ribs from the chinese just about every day.
Not a great lover of Chinese food in general so just this as a starter for me.

Any tips on cooking them?

It all about slow cooking them! I found that if you season them the night before, in the morning turn on the oven at a low heat, let the ribs get to room temperature for a hour, then wrap in tin foil, then put them in the oven and cook in the low heat for at least 8 hours! And don't look in. Plus it depends of the size of them, after 8 hours I take them out of the oven and cover in the sauce of your choice, and remove the tin foil and place pack in the oven for another 45 min to a hour,
Remove and place tin foil over and rest.
Slow and low cooking min amazing fall of the bone stuff and

donsdaft
04-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Cheers min
I'll try that the next time Mrs Donsdaft is elsewhere

MalagaSheep
04-03-2016, 06:10 PM
DD min go into a bucher and ask for short beef ribs and cook the same way. Brilliant

A good lad to look up on line to cook meat is that boy DJ BBQ

Pacman1903
11-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Just whipped up some transylvanian meatballs but they are for tommorow as i will be at fitba so nae time to cook

Tonight on the recommendation of Mondo Notion i am away to the Chilli Thaiger van in Meldrum

donsdaft
11-03-2016, 07:25 PM
Polish pork cooked with Italian tomatoes (tinned) and heaps of Sweet Hungarian paprika.
Lovely crusty Polish loaf.

Fine

Three_crazz
11-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Feeling a bit crpa. Cobbled together tonight , spiced onion , poppadom, chicken pakora , chicken tikka pakoras and onion rings , sour cream, spicy dip

OH & a cheeky Pinot noir to moisten the throat

http://i66.tinypic.com/ibf9tz.jpg

Pacman1903
11-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Mondo min.

Had the Chicken and Cashews. It had 3 chillis next to it so thought that would do me. Bloody fine. It wasnt hot to start with but the more i ate the more i felt the heat. Probablly due to the masses of dried chillis. Defimatley impressed

Mrs Pac has the Chicken Massaman. Her exact words "im really pleased with this"

Will definatley go back. The dude was a fine dude too.

If anyone is heading through Meldrum Mon,Wed,Fri between 4 &10 give it a bash. Millburn Road. The last street on your left behind the vets if you are heading to Inverurie.

MalagaSheep
11-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Hamemade pork and apple burgers, with maple syrup bacon, monterry jack cheese and some fresh salad! Also put a sweet chilli on mine and the wifes
Salad never got touched

MalagaSheep
14-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Bought a rabbit today! No idea how i will cook it. Any ideas/suggestions?

05car
14-03-2016, 12:58 PM
stew

Pacman1903
14-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Rabbit f@cking reeks when you cook it

Pacman1903
14-03-2016, 01:04 PM
North African Chicken tonight.

gervaise_brookhampst
14-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Bought a rabbit today! No idea how i will cook it. Any ideas/suggestions?

You could try making Rabbit stifado. Lovely Greek dish when made with beef , never tried it with Rabbit but it is quite common in Cyprus and Greece I believe.

MalagaSheep
14-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Done the rabbit on the gas bbq, i see why its better for making stews,
Was ok, nothing great, wont rush to buy another

Pacman1903
14-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Was ok, nothing great, wont be hopping out any time soon to buy another

FIFY

RedMadders
14-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Gid old......beans on toast with some cheese and a cider to wash it doon..............yum yum

mondo_notion
14-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Mondo min.

Had the Chicken and Cashews. It had 3 chillis next to it so thought that would do me. Bloody fine. It wasnt hot to start with but the more i ate the more i felt the heat. Probablly due to the masses of dried chillis. Defimatley impressed

Mrs Pac has the Chicken Massaman. Her exact words "im really pleased with this"

Will definatley go back. The dude was a fine dude too.

If anyone is heading through Meldrum Mon,Wed,Fri between 4 &10 give it a bash. Millburn Road. The last street on your left behind the vets if you are heading to Inverurie.

Not really fond of spicy food so i've only had the chicken/beef massaman. Really like it though. Wasn't too impressed with the spring roll starters but it is a cracking little van. I'll be down there quite regular.

Was at the Hattoncrook deli yesterday and thought i'd treat myself to a sirloin steak. Sealed on both sides and not much more, a bit of blood to mop up wi

Pacman1903
14-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Hattoncrook deli stovies are a treat.

mondo_notion
14-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Hattoncrook deli stovies are a treat.

Ever try their daily special that they have up on the blackboard? Last weekend it was a venison burger with bacon, cheese and a sweet chutney. So fine I was tempted to drive back out for another one.

Pacman1903
18-03-2016, 04:42 PM
^^^^^^^

Sounds delightful

Tonight im whipping up a cauldron of Lentil soup. Its more a way to clear some veg opt the hoos

fittiered
18-03-2016, 04:50 PM
I'm makkin a chicken vindaloo restaurant style fae scratch. I bought plain naan breads fae the rice n spice shoppie in King Street £1.75 for three big bad boys!!! All gettin washed soon with Holsten Pils. Anyone know of any other low/zero sugar beers?

Pacman1903
18-03-2016, 05:01 PM
All gettin washed soon with Holsten Pils. Anyone know of any other low/zero sugar beers?

Coors Light for a few reasons

1)Its low sugar
2)its a good beer, i like it and they are always available in Pac towers(unlike all the other mass produced yank bog beers, bud,miller,rolling rock etc)
3)Readily available
4)Tesco, Asda, Sainburys have it on a deals regularly
5)Jean Claude van Damme does the adverts

MalagaSheep
18-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Pasta, tin o tomato soup, heat up, mozzarella and cheddar cheese under the grill to melt!
Place in front of two loons, two happy lads!
Never cooked enough pasta for self!

Three_crazz
18-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Arite Minions , cobbled together tonight , home Made chilie ( with steak mince )cheese nachos wine by the silver goblet (All be it the wine fa a box) :-) :-)

http://i65.tinypic.com/2r7wwnt.jpgj

Pacman1903
18-03-2016, 07:50 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/95wqc9.jpg

Three_Craaz and his goblet

MalagaSheep
20-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Treated the family out after my sulking yesterday! And what a Spanish feast wee had! Prawn pil pil, chorizo, prawn cocktail, steak, chicken skewers, fried Octopus,
Washed down with frosted pint glasses o San Miguel
Te gusta

Pacman1903
21-03-2016, 09:28 AM
After a two day bender the thought of octopus on a plate gives me the boak

mondo_notion
21-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Treated the family out after my sulking yesterday! And what a Spanish feast wee had! Prawn pil pil, chorizo, prawn cocktail, steak, chicken skewers, fried Octopus,
Te gusta

Love seafood, never tried octopuss though, fit like is it Malaga? Imagine it doesn't have much o a texture to it?

MalagaSheep
22-03-2016, 05:41 AM
Te gusta

Love seafood, never tried octopuss though, fit like is it Malaga? Imagine it doesn't have much o a texture to it?[/quote]

Fit like mondo, tried replying last night, but the battery died on the ipad! Nothing worse fan that happens after typing out a speel.

It depends how its cooked, the loons had it fried the other night ( if i knew how to post pictures i would) it looks as it was just plucked straight out the sea and straight into the the fryer and comes served sittin up on the plate looking at you. Fried its a bit chewy and crispy, the kids love it. The other week i had it baked, and it was done in a lemon and herb butter, that was lovely and melted i

MalagaSheep
26-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Seafood and chicken Paella! Cooked by Malaga!

How the feck do i post pictures? This thing is a master piece!

Pacman1903
26-03-2016, 06:56 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/xn90f8.jpg

Mrs Pacs away so lazy bas tonight

mondo_notion
26-03-2016, 06:59 PM

Sounds fine min, I love a bit o paella. I could go a bit of that octopus as well. Cod season starting back here the now so i'll be out on the boat in a few weekends time, might have to see if I can catch myself one! Only ever seen one caught before though so could be tricky :s

MalagaSheep
30-03-2016, 02:38 PM
Just treated myself to a breakfast wrap,
Sausage, bacon, hash-brown, fried egg, cheddar and Mozzarella cheese, broon sauce and two tortilla wraps!
Ohh aye lads, what a fine it was!

donsdaft
30-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Cod ?
Gads, it's a' worms.

gervaise_brookhampst
30-03-2016, 05:20 PM

I wanted to see this, here's how I post pics there might be easier ways but it's nae hard....

Go here....http://tinypic.com/ and highlight if your wanting to post a url or a file, chose your image file or the url to upload, click upload now, highlight the second one down (for forums and messageboards)copy and paste on here ....bobs strooping your auntie! - view external link (http://tinypic.com/)

donsdaft
30-03-2016, 05:26 PM
That's how it's done, but it's going to be too late for the picture

gervaise_brookhampst
30-03-2016, 05:34 PM
That's how it's done, but it's going to be too late for the picture

Haha and no I don't want to see it when it came oot the other end!

The_Verninator
30-03-2016, 05:38 PM
As of this moment

Big chunky roast potatoes...not ready made ones..old school do it myself oven crispy potatoes
Ham slices
Peas
Gravy

hmmmmmmm...lovely

Fat bast*rd and proud of it

MalagaSheep
31-03-2016, 06:14 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2z73mug.jpg

Casa Malaga fully loaded Paella!

Cheers Gervaise ! No stoping me now!
Now far is that octopus for mondo!

MalagaSheep
31-03-2016, 06:59 AM
http://i67.tinypic.com/w7n0io.jpg

For mondo!

MalagaSheep
31-03-2016, 06:51 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/24kwk9l.jpg

Dont look Buc!

Pacman1903
31-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Whos drinking the girls beer Malaga min

MalagaSheep
31-03-2016, 07:07 PM

That would be me Pac! With a slice of lime for this big diddy!

gervaise_brookhampst
31-03-2016, 07:30 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/24kwk9l.jpg

Dont look Buc!

I have just had a weight watchers chicken tikka massala , it was sh1te ........That looks lovely Malaga.

Pacman1903
31-03-2016, 07:33 PM

That would be me Pac! With a slice of lime for this big diddy![/quote]

:blue:

MalagaSheep
31-03-2016, 07:45 PM
It was alright gervaise, bought two cheap steaks from a butcher i found the day. 8€ for them both

Am gan to be a pest with this photo thing you told me!

MalagaSheep
01-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Pished! And made the loon order a takeaway in spanish!
And now landed in a bet that am no gan to win!
Ach well

mondo_notion
01-04-2016, 09:49 PM
The 8 legged beast looks amazing malaga, That's on my species target list for this season. The boy who takes us out fishing usually sets a few creels so hopefully be able to blag a few crab and lobster off him later in the year.

MalagaSheep
06-04-2016, 04:24 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/6nrvaa.jpg

Bbq the night! And a few drams

Three_crazz
08-04-2016, 09:28 PM
My anties pasties. Plus some ,

http://i65.tinypic.com/345bwvb.jpg

Pacman1903
13-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Due to my new job im on a cooking marathon for the family.Fill the freezers is the plan so Mrs Pac doesnt have to rush about cooking after work and both are looked after

So far Chorizo and pepper frittata, Tattie and Leek soup, Bacon stovies, Asparagus soup, chilli.

Still to go, beef and black bean sauce, morrocan prawns and curried corguette soup.

I feel like Martha Stewart.

donsdaft
14-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Home made beef curry tonight.
Cheating a wee bit because I made it about a month ago and just defrosted a portion today.

Made up for that by just making fresh onion pakora to start.
F'ucking gorgeous, didn't last 2 minutes

MalagaSheep
15-04-2016, 08:30 AM
Hey DD, done two rack o Ribs yesterday, one rack done with maple syrup, and another rack done with brown sugar and honey. Fell off the bone beautifully.
Cant seem to log into this site with my fone, to post a pic!

Hey Pac, when you start your new job and when do you go away? Good luck anyway!

Pacman1903
15-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Last nights tea was a freezer space creater. I ate a whole bag of onion rings so i could fit in more cooking that im away to do today. Nutritious XD

A week on Monday. Thank f@ck for that. Finished with the Dons for the season though which sucks

MalagaSheep
15-04-2016, 08:48 AM
Ach well min, could be a few twists and turns yet! Well thats what am praying for! Ha
All the best min!

MalagaSheep
15-04-2016, 03:28 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/dyveas.jpg

A casa Malaga Tapas tonight!

donsdaft
15-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Ribs sound good.
I like mine spicy Chinese style.

I was up at Lidl on the Lang Stracht the other day, gleaning a years worth of olive oil.
For those home based, the Greek kalamati olive oil, comes in a half litre tin , is f'uckin gorgeous.
About £2.65 ish a tin, it's a steal.

MalagaSheep
15-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Ribs sound good.
I like mine spicy Chinese style.

I was up at Lidl on the Lang Stracht the other day, gleaning a years worth of olive oil.
For those home based, the Greek kalamati olive oil, comes in a half litre tin , is f'uckin gorgeous.
About £2.65 ish a tin, it's a steal.

Nerver got it about olive oil, until a few year ago. Just 100yards doon from my house there is a olive oil farm, went in one day and we got a little tour and he then pressed out fresh oil for us to taste! Phuckin brilliant! Always have a walk down every month and buy a few litres from him!
Balsamic Vinegar too! Get the good stuff and the difference is amazing!

Think i mentioned that Vom Fass company! Well worth a looky

donsdaft
15-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Aye, a bowl of good olive oil and some fine crusty loaf and you have yourself a meal.

MalagaSheep
15-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Aye, a bowl of good olive oil and some fine crusty loaf and you have yourself a meal.

Magic min! Also put some balsamic in the oil! Its a game changer.

ObanRed
15-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Ola oils do some Damn fine rapeseed oils, local too. Lemon infused one is especially good.

MalagaSheep
17-04-2016, 08:15 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/wtiufc.jpg

Pork, and beef ribs and the skirt steak

donsdaft
17-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Looks good
Has the Mrs sobered up yet?

Pacman1903
17-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Pork, and beef ribs and the skirt steak

And not a girl beer in sight, or is it out of shot?

MalagaSheep
17-04-2016, 08:29 PM
No am on the Gin and Tonic, and she is still pissed!

Pacman1903
19-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Smoked salmon and basil tagliatelli.