PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Austin

Pentridge
16-01-2016, 08:06 PM
£4m, bargain.

proclaimer
16-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Really happy with this - just so long as everyone else remains.

Charlie_Wayman
16-01-2016, 09:37 PM
What a brilliant signing. Maybe the best since Rickie Lambert. At 4m an absolute no brainer.
And what a difference a week makes. 6 points 2 clean sheets and two solid performances. Big Frazer in goal has made such a difference although he has not had much to do his influence is immense.
Good to see the usual suspects for a quick pint before the game.

kernow
18-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Welcome to Saints Charlie Austin.
Hope you score lots more goals for us instead of against us from now on !

alfinyalcabo
22-01-2016, 07:29 PM
£4m, bargain. y

What a great signing for you Pents, given the service he will score goals for fun.. Just hope he stays clear of injuries..Wish we had him back at Burnley..

By the way ,how is Jrod doing?

Pentridge
23-01-2016, 07:57 AM
How do Alf, you know I'm sure we only sign players if they've played for your lot first!

Agree about Austin, think he'll do well for us.

Rodriguez is an enigma tbf, played a few games at the beginning of the season and hasn't figured since. I always feel that injuries such as his can ruin a player, which is a shame as he was really coming good just before he got crocked. Fingers crossed that he gets back to that form though.

Grannie64
23-01-2016, 05:01 PM
I had my reservations and that is how to make debut, this could be the bargain of the season.

alfinyalcabo
23-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Well done Charlie,you couldn't have opened your account in a better way against those Manc Barstewards ..

Pentridge
23-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Hooooo yessss!

kernow
23-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Fantastic debut goal !! Well done Charlie. Well done Saints !
Delighted ! :D

The whole team worked so hard for that result, great defensive display which limited them to one off target shot in the whole game.
Mugged them with a sucker punch. 86 minutes on the clock when Charlie Austin won a free kick needlessly given away by the corner flag. Perfect delivery from JWP to an unmarked Charlie on the edge of the six yard box who buried his header into the bottom corner.

Everyone blissing out to the maximum ! :D

OhWell
23-01-2016, 07:09 PM
He reminds me of Diego Costa. Hopefully, playing for Saints will get him his first England cap.

NewYorkSouthHamptonF
24-01-2016, 02:44 AM
I'm so out of my mind getting Austin was a steal plus right now we're in 8th place !!!

BlueAdder
24-01-2016, 09:29 AM
So that's what it takes to get you posting!
Great result, just love it when Man Utd get whacked.

kernow
24-01-2016, 10:21 AM
I'm so out of my mind getting Austin was a steal plus right now we're in 8th place !!!#

New poster from.... Long Island ?
Welcome to SaintsMad.

Pentridge
24-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Yeah welcome Long Island, are you an ex-pat or a proper Yank?

NewYorkSouthHamptonF
24-01-2016, 01:44 PM
I'm so out of my mind getting Austin was a steal plus right now we're in 8th place !!!#

New poster from.... Long Island ?
Welcome to SaintsMad.[/quote]

I live n Rochester,Ny between Syracuse and Buffalo i live about 6 hours from New York City.

NewYorkSouthHamptonF
24-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Yeah welcome Long Island, are you an ex-pat or a proper Yank?

I'm a Mets fan and a BuffaloBills fan

Buffalo Sabres,BuffaloBills,New York City FC,New York Mets,Southampton,PennState,Lakers

NewYorkSouthHamptonF
24-01-2016, 01:57 PM
I've been a Southampton fan going on 2 years i looked at history and clubs watch games on tv of course and past games on youtube and made my choice to support Southampton.

kernow
24-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Good choice ref Saints.
Supporting of a wide wide range of sports from teams in the north east USA is understandable. Puzzled by the support for an LA basketball team though !?

NewYorkSouthHamptonF
24-01-2016, 08:17 PM
I've always been a lakers fans i'm 36 years old i don't listen to people who try and say i'm bandwagon because i was born before them and people that know me that's not the case.

kernow
25-01-2016, 06:58 PM
How are you getting by in the snow ?

Talking of NY state, I joined a ship in Albany many years ago in the middle of winter. It was about -15 degrees which, I was told , was mild for the time of year. The radio officer was Irish and he went awol, on the lash for four days with some expats or extended family he met. We couldn't sail without an R.O so we had to stay in Albany which wasn't so bad. Locals were very friendly. :D

When we sailed will always remember the views of that trip down the Hudson River and out through NY harbour. We were bound for Bolivar in Ecuador to load bananas, leaving the NY winter behind.

Also went to Niagara Falls, NY with the family a few years ago. The falls were spectacular but thought Niagara Falls, Ontario was more attractive to be fair.